BY NINTENDO #42 in Nintendo Games

Show your true colors splatter enemies and claim your turf as the ink-spewing, squid-like characters called inklings in nintendo's new third-person action shooter game for the wii u console. Challenge your friends in chaotic four-on-four matches, in which the goal is to get your ink on as many places as possible and claim your turf, all while strategically submerging yourself in your team's colors and blasting your enemies. This is a colorful and chaotic online third-person action shooter - exclusively on wii u. see more...

Amy W.
Paola, KS
I usually don't like competitive games like this, but you guys. This game is so much fun and it is so colorful. The design of the inklings is brilliant. Nintendo did a great job as always with this game. I can't wait for Splatoon 2 to come out on the new Nintendo Switch :))))))
Lucypurr M.
Murrieta , CA
We bought this game for my son, last Christmas. It wasn't high on his list of wants but we scored a fantastic deal on it so he wound up getting this game along with two others he wanted more. When he started to play this game he caught on real quick (he's 8 years old). I noticed how addicted he became to the game and I would sit and watch him play for hours at a time. I decided to pick up a controller and give it a go because it looked so fun. Now my son is addicted, I'm addicted and now....dad is addicted. This game is fun for the whole family. It's challenging but not to a frustrating degree. I really like how you play against players around the world instead of the computer. It gives everyone more of a competitive drive.
Melissa D.
Millis, MA
I'm going to start off by saying that I have only once gotten into a 3rd person shooter before this game and it was long ago on PS2. This game is AWESOME. I can spend hours and hours painting around and splatting inklings. Although this game IS a shooter, it's the most non-violent game I've ever played. It's on par with a squirt gun fight... Or playing Pokemon. But really, it's addictive. Nintendo has been pretty steadily releasing free DLC for this game in terms of maps, weapons and "gear" that you can use to raise certain abilities. I've heard multiple people say and I wholeheartedly agree that this could be the biggest franchise since Mario Bros. if they continue with it.
Candace K.
Hillsborough, NC
Pros:
Multiplayer, character customization, amiibo challenges, ranked battles, squad battles, regular play, short games (3 minutes usually), easy to control, monthly splatfests
Cons:
No local multiplayer (all online) you can do 1 vs 1 but it's not that fun, can't skip opening sequence, limited to 2 maps per mode every 4 hours, gyro mode is a bit difficult, no voice chat (better for older players rather than younger), repetitive after awhile
Overall, I would recommend getting it especially if you're a Nintendo fan.
Shelbey M.
I really enjoy playing this game, it's like a first person shooter but you fight with ink. Very fun and colorful game! It's fun to play with others online and not just a single player game. You can upgrade your weapons and gear to make it easier for you to play. This is definitely a game you could addicted to playing.
The controls are a bit frustrating because it does go off of your motion but it's not difficult once you get the hang of it. I enjoy playing it now that I know the controls better.
Brianna K.
Circle Pines, MN
This is one of the most fun games Nintendo came out with for Wii U in 2015. I have days in which I spend hours intense in battle with people all over the world. Just when I think I've done it all they come out with new downloadable content. I would give it five stars, but only give four because I really wish they would make it a two player turf war sometimes so I can play against my husband without needing two Wii systems. Other than that it is Best of 2015. #nintendo #bestof2015 #splatfest #sofun #intensebattles
Angel R.
Welch, WV
Really fun! The story mode was really fun and taught me a lot of skills I could use during online play. I loved the free updates with new maps ad weapons. Some of the weapons were really creative. Splatfests were one of my favorite things to do and I always tuned to participate in them. The only cons I have is that the servers sometimes were slow or just didn't work. Nintendo should really fix this, as I notice it a trend in a lot of their online games.
Nicole D.
Brookfield, CT
This game my boyfriend and I were waiting for a while for this to come out. We played and loved it. I'm all for the battle mode and wallpaper roller is always my favorite easier to run people down to get more of the color down. My boyfriend played the story mode on it and beat it. He really had fun. We go back and forth to battle online. The only thing that annoys me is when the other team in battle mode keeps killing you even on your side. I would stick p pole of the same levels together verses have it be a mix up. That's my only downfall about this game. Overall, I enjoy playing it!
rose r.
This game is so freaking fun. I don't even like shooters but my boyfriend borrowed it from my brother and I ended up playing it and getting extremely addicted to it. now I have to play for at least two hours each day to feed my crippling addiction. the only downsides to this game is the lack of voice chat or any real way to communicate with your teammates so you can't tell them what a crappy job they're all doing.
Lindsey T.
Newbury, MA
I absolutely adore this game! I'm not into shooter games at all so I thought I wouldn't like this, turns out it's not a shooter game at all! This is so fun and family friendly. My favorite part of the game is every so often they have a party called a splat fest. During it you pick teams and battle against each other! The colors are vibrant and the characters are unique! I would highly recommend!
Bailey A.
Edmonton, AB
Is this a good game for a 6 year old? My daughter has been asking for this after watching some YouTubers play it. It looks pretty good from the sponsored content but I'd like to know from other players.
Mayra J.
Rainsville, AL
Gamer Expert Level 2
What is this game about???
Mary C.