15 colors available

BY SPLAT #40 in Hair Color

Extreme, shocking, expressive, long lasting, semi-permanent hair paint. Use on unbleached natural hair for a subtle hint of color. Use on bleached hair for an extreme intense shocking color. .

• Anyone know a good way to get this stuff off the skin?? It's all i...4 Answers
  • What would be a good toner or purple shampoo to use with splat to g...1 Answers
  • I used the splat pink to purple ombre and I've had it a couple mont...3 Answers
Splat Rebellious Hair Color Complete Kit
  • "i have used splat in many colors, they start to fade after about a month, and the bleaching kit is really harsh on your hair, ive used the red, wich fades to pink, the blue that fades to grey and the pink that fades out after 2 washes to blonde, " in 18 reviews
  • "I dyed my hair with red streaks the color came out well lasts a long time I'd say prob 5 months then I decided to go jet black and it prob did that over two years ago and I can't get the black outta my hair :( it only grew out a lil nothing more and it still jet black strange.... " in 12 reviews
  • "Its okay if your okay with a color that doesnt last long.. " in 10 reviews
  • "I hate that it's messy, when the color fades it looks funky, the bleach made my hair grow out with blonde even after I tried dying my hair brown, the red color came out hot pink in my hair, and the purple didn't cover up all my hair." in 10 reviews
  • "This product did work great in my hair but only when I used bleach on my dark brown hair, I usually took just a streak of my hair underneath in the back, and left it on for an hour." in 9 reviews
Felicia V.
Felicia V.
Auburn, WA
Review for: Crimson Obsession
Splat can be found at most drugstores and a few supermarkets, and of course online. It's about $10 per box, and comes with everything including gloves. Splat is NOT a hair dye, it is a hair STAIN which means that using colour stripper/removers will not work to take it out, but only fading it by washing, or bleaching. Keep that in mind when buying. Splat is super pigmented, so make sure you have an old shirt on, and use old towels, and remove any rugs from the bathroom. This stuff stains. Like I said, the box comes with gloves, but this stuff can be so pigmented that it can seep through, so watch out for that also. It's also important you be weary of what colour it's will fade too. For example, this one started out insanely dark (looked black with a hint of red), faded to a super pretty red that lasted a week or 2, then started going to the pink stage. This brand isn't horrible if you like to stick to one colour, or even within their colour line. If not, you might want to look at another brand.
Jackie D.
Jackie D.
Hayward, CA
Review for: Splat Semi-Permanent Hair Color
I used the Crimson red splat color. I also used their platinum bleach kit. I have dark, jet black hair. The first time I dyed my hair with just the bleach in the kit, the color wasn't as bright as I wanted it to be. Years later I used the platinum bleach kit which stripped the color from my hair fairly well. But, because my hair is extremely dark I knew I would probably have to double bleach it. So, I waited a day and used the bleach that was in the Crimson red kit which gave me the platinum blonde that would do well for the color to be brighter. Double bleaching definitely worked.

I really liked the platinum bleach kit because the shampoo and conditioner that was included smelled really nice and left my hair feeling very moisturized. I wish the Crimson red kit had the shampoo and conditioner in there, but I understand that the hair has to be dry for the color to stick.

Overall, I think it's a good beginner's dying kit. Just remember, for darker hair bleach it twice!
Bekah R.
Bekah R.
Anacortes, WA
Review for: Lusty Lavender
Backstory: I have naturally very black hair and my attempts at lightening it to blonde have been a huge disappointment as I'm Not a hair professional ... I turned my hair orange and that's as high as it would lift with 40 volume developer. I decided I would just dye it back to black and never try to color my hair again, but then I remembered using splats colors in high school and felt like I had nothing to lose so Lusty lavender it was!! I don't know why there are reviews saying the color won't show up on darker hair. I had quite a few spots that the bleach wouldn't lift but it's okay because this dye gave me even coverage and a few peekaboo pink highlights :) my hair doesn't feel damaged, it's actually quite soft and fluffy, and my man LOVES it. When this fades, which it will with my experience with splat, I'm going back to splat time and time again!
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Got this in Lusty Lavender so my friend and I could do our hair together. Came with bleach and dye along with the classic plastic gloves. The bleach actually worked surprisingly well for both of us (both brunettes) and didn't make our hair yellowish or anything like that. The color stayed in for about a month, maybe a little longer (washing hair infrequently and always in cold water). Overall the kit is super easy to use and does exactly what it's supposed to, although I recommend getting your own gloves (I buy nitrile gloves on Amazon) and for highlights it's much easier to use if you mix it the same way salons do (in a bowl) and apply with a brush (also available on Amazon). I bought cheap pre-cut foil sheets from the dollar store to do our highlights too.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Carmichael, CA
Review for: Splat Semi-Permanent Hair Color
I have used the blue and purple in my hair and the purple, blue, and red in my little sister's hair so I have used it several times and had a few different results. When I first dyed it the purple did not fully saturate my hair and this can happen with any kind of dye. The purple faded in a month and faded to a pinkish grey. When I used the blue it saturated my hair really well and I had no streaks or blonde spots. The one thing that should be known about it is that it is runny and when it stains it is extremely hard to get off of your skin. I spent and hour scrubbing purple off of my forehead. I did use the red on my sister and it didn't turn out the way we wanted it because it was still red it just had a kind of orangey red look to it.
Bekkah  P.
Bekkah P.
Lutz, Fl
Review for: Splat Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Where do I start the bleach messed up my hair and then the dye in you get it on something it's not coming off the color wass pretty after I dyed my hair and if you live in a hot place like me you will sweat well this hair color came out and stained my face for a wile and my neck and ears and hands it ended up drying out my skin where any of the dye touched and it only lasted for a short amount of time before it turned as nasty color so I tried to strip the color from my hair and I found not find a product to take it out so I had random pink in my hair I ened up shaving my head to get all the product out that's how bad it ruind my hair I will never again buy this product it's not worth the money
Jaimi R.
Jaimi R.
Owosso, MI
Review for: Splat Semi-Permanent Hair Color
When it comes to coloring my hair I have never really fallen inlove with any specific brans so I typically just grab whatever looks good at that very moment which is exactly what I did the day I bought the Splot hair dye. Regardless what brand I've ever used the directions are basically the same thing. This brand however not only was a completely different set of steps (this brand has SEVERAL more steps compared to others) it was incredibly messy and even though I took steps to cover up the counter and toilet this dye soaked right through and stained EVERYTHING! It even left a stain around the drain of the shower from me rinsing it out there.. i hated this stuff! Never again!
Rachel Y.
Rachel Y.
Stanley, NC
Review for: Berry Blast
I have naturally medium blonde hair and about a year ago I used splat dye to color the under layer of my hair and it is still there!! The color at first came off so vivid and bright and it looked absolutely gorgeous!!! It stayed that pretty bright(the color in the second picture for a long time and then started to fade from purple to eventually the pinkish red color it is now. My only complaint about this product would be that it bled pink color every time I washed my hair for about a week and a half and that completely ruined my towels from drying my hair off.
Overall though I would definitely recommend splat hair dye for anyone looking for a fun color that will last!!
Elise S.
Elise S.
Edgewood, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using splat in my hair for years now and I can see why there are negative reviews towards the product, but being educated is a big step in having a good hair dying experience. Splat stains EVERYTHING, so if you don't want hair dye stains everywhere (and I mean everywhere) protect everything with trash bags! ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES your hands will be stained for weeks if you don't! Also, the bleach is very strong! So wait until your hair is greasy until you bleach it, or try bleach washing (combining bleach with shampoo) for a gentler bleach. when you wash out the dye, it will most likely dye your shower or tub so fill your tub with water first then wash your hair!
Raven S.
Raven S.
Tucson, AZ
Review for: Lusty Lavender
I've heard time and again that people don't like Splat because the bleach dries their hair out, but what do you expect with bleach? Once I got an awesome leave in conditioner and hair treatment, my hair was fine. The last time I dyed my hair was October of 2015, it is now September of 2016 and my hair is still colored. It started out that amazing purple, then slowly faded to a beautiful pink! Now it's got a lot of blonde and light pink with pops of bright pink, and I even have some purple left! I mean, my roots have grown in like crazy, but the dye is still there! I wash my hair on a regular basis, so it's not like it hasn't had a chance to fade.
Yessenia E.
Yessenia E.
Hayward, CA
Has anyone tried to put the purple one over black hair? If so how did it come out!
Adriana M.
Adriana M.
San Diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone used the one for dark hair??
maria r.
maria r.
Santa Ana, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this hair dye really worth the money and time?
Savannah A.
Savannah A.
I know it's only temporary but if you were to dye your hair use one of these colors from this brand how long does it typically stay in for or last?
Leslie C.
Leslie C.
Rochester, IN
My daughter (she is 9) has brown hair but wants to try this just on the lower half of her hair. Any thoughts? I'm nervous about using bleach on her hair.