BY SPLAT #14 in Haircare Sets

Ombre Hair Color Kit - Splat Ombre Hair Color Kit, a great way to as color highlights and dimension to you hair.Kit includes:2 Splat Hair Color 1.5oz BottlesSplat Lightening BleachSplat OxideInstructionsHair TiesGloves - Ombre Hair Color Kit see more...

• How hard is this to apply and did you have you use your own tools...1 Answers
  • Does this kit come with any special tools to create the ombré eff...2 Answers
  • I've always wanted to try this. How does the ombre come out? is i...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Kandy B.
Seligman, AZ
EDIT: I updated this review from 4 stars to 2. I waited the recommended time (48 hours) to do my first wash, and then washed every third day to try to preserve the color as long as possible. It’s been almost 2 weeks since I dyed my hair and it’s already fading super bad. My hair is no longer blue, it’s green and blonde patchy. Doesn’t look too bad, it’s just very disappointing. In some spots the bleached hair is definitely showing through. Every time I wash my hair the water runs a dark blue and I can literally see the color fading every time. I have to blow dry my hair I every time I shower or get my hair wet at all. While blow drying, my fingers turn blue from running them through my hair to dry it. I have to use a dark towel so that I don’t ruin a good towel and turn it blue. This dye is ok for someone who wants a little something different for a couple weeks or a cute Halloween change up. If you’re looking for something more permanent or just longer lasting, use something different or go to the salon. The fact that this took hours to do and has a lot of maintenance makes it not worth the effort to do. I don’t recommend this product.

I was really wanting difference. I’ve had my hair Pink, green, blue, purple, etc but all during my teen years. The last few years I’ve been doing the basic natural colors for my hair so I wanted a change. I looked up so many different brands and this ombré kit was the only one that came with everything you needed. The bleach, the two colors, the rubber bands and the gloves and instructions. I read the reviews and went through all the YouTube videos and found that I would need 2 boxes to do my whole head. I have bra length darker brunette hair that’s sort of on the thicker side. So I went ahead and got a 2 pack.
First off, the instructions are very easy to understand and very easy to follow. The gloves that come in the kit are on the short side, they barely go to my wrists so that’s one issue. It’s also a bit difficult to pour the powder contents into the bleach mixture, I’d recommend using a small funnel or something to make it easier. The bleaching process took me almost 2 hours and two bottles to get to more of an orange blonde vs the hay blonde they suggest. Although I’ve read that to get better results you should start the bleaching at the roots and work your way up, wrapping your head in a bag or towel to use heat to lift the color better. During the dying process I used the dark blue on my roots and turquoise on my tips. It was very easy to do this process just make sure you don’t miss any strands. I was 100% sure I got all the stands and went over it multiple times and still found I missed a couple after I’d rinsed. Nothing too bad though. When doing the dying process, I’d suggest using an old towel or two to cover EVERYTHING in close vicinity to your dying station. That color can and will get on everything and it will dye it within seconds. I was able to contain it but my sink now has a couple blue spots. The dye will dye your skin so use a good vaseline around your forehead, ears and back of neck. I got some on my skin but it came off the next day with a hand towel and some baby oil. The dye itself is actually not bad scented. It smells almost like blueberries so it’s very pleasant. Also for reference, I’m allergic to regular hair dye, it’ll burn my scalp up, but this dye did not burn at all. It is cruelty free and vegan so that’s probably a huge factor there. After the final rinse I was able to dry it up with a hair drier and put some leave in conditioner in my hair to help out with moisturizing since all I was able to use during this whole process was shampoo after bleaching. All in all it didn’t do too bad. Really the only thing different in this that what I normally did with the natural color dye is bleach and the time it took to do everything. The whole process for me took about 3 hours. So definitely plan a lot of time to do this job. I will update this review after a couple days of wear to tell if it lasts or not. Splat Ombre Hair Color Kit
Lydia H.
BLUE / GREEN DYE:
I have previously used splat so I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew how bright it was going to be. I wasn’t exactly sure how the ombré would turn out since you do it yourself but I was pleasantly surprised. Once it began to fade it became kind of a gross green color but it didn’t bother me because I just dyed over it again. My hair was light blonde (previously bleached) when I dyed it. It’s hard to see the ombré in the picture but you could tell in person and it looked nice! Please comment if you have any questions! Splat Ombre Hair Color Kit
Jennifer P.
Jersey Vlg, TX
Though I’d rather use my punky colour than this, I loved the fire one. It lasted for a long time and the blonde worked very well. It’s a great price for three colors. Only thing is when you use the rubber bands to separate the colors you are doing then you may miss some hair and/or get a line. Many people complained about the colors too but they are morons. It’s a beautiful pink and orange. Stay in longer for brighter color. I still rather use my other because I do the entire fire line from pink, to orange and then yellow. Second photo is my punky colour
Lindsey C.
Louisa, KY
This is the worst hair dye brand ever. It is so hard to get out of your hair and I almost ruined my hair trying to get it out by bleaching it. I finally managed to get it out of my hair and I’ve almost got my hair back to normal with various deep conditioning treatments and coconut oil. The color is nice but it’s just not worth it. Save your money and buy a better hair dye.
Erika E.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!Whenever I just want a touch up to my bold hair color this is my favorite brand!
It does stain everything if you’re not careful,but the pay off is great!
I’d recommend placing either plastic bags,newspaper or something to cover wherever you are doing your hair.
The price is perfect for the great job this hair color does!!
Kaykouu R.
Biloxi, MS
I’ve always used the Splat hair dye , it’s easy to apply and it always comes out looking stylish! I highly recommended it for weave ONLY Ffor colored girls , I wouldn’t put the product on my natural hair. Love rocking the different universal colors!
Liz C.
Oak Park
I used this about three years ago and it was and is one of my favorite hair dyes to use. Especially splat itself. It stays in my hair for quiet a while and it’s really vibrant and bright and I love using it. It’s really inexpensive and a great deal. I’ve never had any issues using it and I’m dying my hair this summer and I’m definitely gonna use this again.
Adriana B.
Edwardsville, PA
It’s a good price for all it brings. Did my sisters hair with this, it was ok but you need to leave it the color on for a long time for it to come out the color you want otherwise it comes out green.
Tina Q.
Parrish, AL
This is awesome. I love the bright, rich colors. I've used the purple and the deep red and I love them both. It comes with a powder bleach and the color that goes on after you bleach your hair. I usually have to recolor about once a month but I'm totally happy with that.
Bella F.
Winter springs
I tried this out a few months ago and for me it didn’t really turn out “ombré” but it still looked good. In the beginning the color was really vibrant but it quickly faded and didn’t look so good. But I still think it’s a good hair dye but maybe it just wasn’t for me.
Michele M.
Cincinnati, OH
How hard is it to blend together without looking choppy?
Sarah S.
Auburn, Wa
How does this look in dark hair?
Rebecca S.
I have naturally blonde hair - is this a good option for a quick weekend-look that I can wash out before the work week? Will it ruin my hair afterwards?
Kari D.
Lebanon
Has anybody else had the problem with the blue coming out green instead of blue?
Erica B.
Does this kit come with any special tools to create the ombré effect or just basic tools to bleach your hair?