BY SPLAT #46 in Hair Color

Ombre Hair Color Kit - Splat Ombre Hair Color Kit, a great way to as color highlights and dimension to you hair.Kit includes:2 Splat Hair Color 1.5oz BottlesSplat Lightening BleachSplat OxideInstructionsHair TiesGloves - Ombre Hair Color Kit see more...

• How hard is this to apply and did you have you use your own tools...1 Answers
  • Does this kit come with any special tools to create the ombré eff...2 Answers
  • I've always wanted to try this. How does the ombre come out? is i...1 Answers
Buy on Walgreens*
Allie M.
Allie M.
Lombard, IL
I have long medium-dark brown hair that I dye regularly. I purchased this at Walgreens and it bleached my hair to a yellow, but not light enough to take color, so I had to buy a second box of Splat to lighten it further, which killed my hair, and ruined it to the point of nearly visible pores in my ends. I went along anyway and dyed my hair, which looked surprisingly very nice, until it nearly all washed out within 3 days. The quality of the bleach is terrible, IMO, but the color was pretty and may have lasted longer if my hair were not ruined by the bleach, but I've never had a "long lasting" experience with Splat hair color. I don't recommend this unless you have naturally light hair.
Kiernan M.
Kiernan M.
Toronto, OH
I purchased a purple ombre kit and used it on my sisters hair and we were very pleased with the colors we were able to obtain and how EASY it was to apply!! The ombre turned out beautiful and we were so excited to show off all our hard work and gorgeous flawless ombre. Only problem with this kit is that the colors began to dull and fade semi quickly even with the use of color protectant hair products and lack of damage causing treatment. I would recommend this brand if you're looking to have a little fun walk on the wild side but are prepared for a lazy man's approach back to "normalcy" with the fading aspect of producr.
Alexandra H.
Alexandra H.
Shelton, WA
It is important to remember that this is a temporary hair color, so it will not last as long as the more natural colors. I love Splat because it does have bold colors for a decent price. But most people will need to buy a different bleach or an extra bottle because the bleach in the kit tends to not be enough. It is also important to make sure once you rinse out the color you don't wash it in any way like the directions say, or it will fade much faster. Overall it is a great product, and its fun to experiment with.
Shauntisha P.
Shauntisha P.
Palmdale, CA
The color is bomb but it's bleeds A LOT you never fill like you have rinsed it all out and when ever you hair gets wet it bleeds. I have tried all the colors except black and the plaituim blond.
Trick of you still wanna do it do your finally rinse with cold water as cold as you can stand it will help with bleeding at that time and it does come out of clothes. If you dye your sink use nail polish remover and than if needed put bleach on a cotton ball and let it sit for a little in the spot .
Nina K.
Nina K.
Jackson, MI
I consider myself a connoisseur of hair dye. I've been dyeing my hair bright and off the wall colors for years. Splat is definitely one of my go to brands. The color is highly pigmented and super bright. The price point is fair. Splat is my go to for switching hair colors because it easily covers my previous dye jobs. However, make sure dry shampoo is your best friend because after 3-4 washes it does fade and it does stain your scalp and hands, but it easily washes off after a couple days.
Sam B.
Sam B.
Marion, IA
I used this last August (2015) when I had my tonsils taken out and have since then gone to have my hair done. There is STILL blue in my hair and I'm convinced at this point it's never going away. Definitely buy this if you're looking for long lasting color that you won't have to re-do all the time. It is messy, however. And your shower will likely turn blue.
mary m.
mary m.
Manheim, PA
Splat is just a brand i started off with on my hair coloring journey. The color looked like waves and i loved how it looked in my hair but the fading was nasty. i couldn't get the color out of my hair to save my life. its HARD to get rid of and i had to bleach bath it for awhile. I would do this color again but id put conditioner in it so its not to vibrant.
Maddyson B.
Maddyson B.
When I bought the splat Ombre color kit I got it in pink and purple and for previously coloring my hair it came out nicely but i ended up not using it as a Ombre i mixed the two colors and got a BEAUTIFUL magenta shade. the only downside about this product that I can say is it faded pretty fast and it doesn't do well at all in pool water.
Niki K.
Niki K.
Lindale, GA
I did not bleach my hair, because it was already pretty light. The color I had in matched the lighter color in the kit, so it didn't change that much. The color came right out of my roots.The darker color was very pink. Every time I sweat, my neck turns pink. Overall if you are not being active, or in water, it's a good product.
Kayla L.
Kayla L.
San Antonio, TX
I bought the Dream version of this. It comes with a teal color and a dark reddish purple. After bleaching my hair, the purple looks more greyish. The teal came out very vibrant though and I ended up using it to cover up my terrible attempt at an ombre effect haha. Don't expect for it to look the way it does on the box.
Michele M.
Michele M.
Cincinnati, OH
How hard is it to blend together without looking choppy?
Kari D.
Kari D.
Lebanon
Has anybody else had the problem with the blue coming out green instead of blue?
Erica B.
Erica B.
Does this kit come with any special tools to create the ombré effect or just basic tools to bleach your hair?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Auburn, Wa
How does this look in dark hair?
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
I have naturally blonde hair - is this a good option for a quick weekend-look that I can wash out before the work week? Will it ruin my hair afterwards?