BY SPLAT #33 in Hair Color

Ombre Hair Color Kit - Splat Ombre Hair Color Kit, a great way to as color highlights and dimension to you hair.Kit includes:2 Splat Hair Color 1.5oz BottlesSplat Lightening BleachSplat OxideInstructionsHair TiesGloves - Ombre Hair Color Kit see more...

• How hard is this to apply and did you have you use your own tools...1 Answers
  • Does this kit come with any special tools to create the ombré eff...2 Answers
  • I've always wanted to try this. How does the ombre come out? is i...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Kandy B.
Seligman, AZ
Review for: Ocean
EDIT: I updated this review from 4 stars to 2. I waited the recommended time (48 hours) to do my first wash, and then washed every third day to try to preserve the color as long as possible. It’s been almost 2 weeks since I dyed my hair and it’s already fading super bad. My hair is no longer blue, it’s green and blonde patchy. Doesn’t look too bad, it’s just very disappointing. In some spots the bleached hair is definitely showing through. Every time I wash my hair the water runs a dark blue and I can literally see the color fading every time. I have to blow dry my hair I every time I shower or get my hair wet at all. While blow drying, my fingers turn blue from running them through my hair to dry it. I have to use a dark towel so that I don’t ruin a good towel and turn it blue. This dye is ok for someone who wants a little something different for a couple weeks or a cute Halloween change up. If you’re looking for something more permanent or just longer lasting, use something different or go to the salon. The fact that this took hours to do and has a lot of maintenance makes it not worth the effort to do. I don’t recommend this product.

I was really wanting difference. I’ve had my hair Pink, green, blue, purple, etc but all during my teen years. The last few years I’ve been doing the basic natural colors for my hair so I wanted a change. I looked up so many different brands and this ombré kit was the only one that came with everything you needed. The bleach, the two colors, the rubber bands and the gloves and instructions. I read the reviews and went through all the YouTube videos and found that I would need 2 boxes to do my whole head. I have bra length darker brunette hair that’s sort of on the thicker side. So I went ahead and got a 2 pack.
First off, the instructions are very easy to understand and very easy to follow. The gloves that come in the kit are on the short side, they barely go to my wrists so that’s one issue. It’s also a bit difficult to pour the powder contents into the bleach mixture, I’d recommend using a small funnel or something to make it easier. The bleaching process took me almost 2 hours and two bottles to get to more of an orange blonde vs the hay blonde they suggest. Although I’ve read that to get better results you should start the bleaching at the roots and work your way up, wrapping your head in a bag or towel to use heat to lift the color better. During the dying process I used the dark blue on my roots and turquoise on my tips. It was very easy to do this process just make sure you don’t miss any strands. I was 100% sure I got all the stands and went over it multiple times and still found I missed a couple after I’d rinsed. Nothing too bad though. When doing the dying process, I’d suggest using an old towel or two to cover EVERYTHING in close vicinity to your dying station. That color can and will get on everything and it will dye it within seconds. I was able to contain it but my sink now has a couple blue spots. The dye will dye your skin so use a good vaseline around your forehead, ears and back of neck. I got some on my skin but it came off the next day with a hand towel and some baby oil. The dye itself is actually not bad scented. It smells almost like blueberries so it’s very pleasant. Also for reference, I’m allergic to regular hair dye, it’ll burn my scalp up, but this dye did not burn at all. It is cruelty free and vegan so that’s probably a huge factor there. After the final rinse I was able to dry it up with a hair drier and put some leave in conditioner in my hair to help out with moisturizing since all I was able to use during this whole process was shampoo after bleaching. All in all it didn’t do too bad. Really the only thing different in this that what I normally did with the natural color dye is bleach and the time it took to do everything. The whole process for me took about 3 hours. So definitely plan a lot of time to do this job. I will update this review after a couple days of wear to tell if it lasts or not. Splat Ombre Hair Color Kit
Jennifer P.
Jersey Vlg, TX
Review for: Fire
Though I’d rather use my punky colour than this, I loved the fire one. It lasted for a long time and the blonde worked very well. It’s a great price for three colors. Only thing is when you use the rubber bands to separate the colors you are doing then you may miss some hair and/or get a line. Many people complained about the colors too but they are morons. It’s a beautiful pink and orange. Stay in longer for brighter color. I still rather use my other because I do the entire fire line from pink, to orange and then yellow. Second photo is my punky colour
Erika E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!Whenever I just want a touch up to my bold hair color this is my favorite brand!
It does stain everything if you’re not careful,but the pay off is great!
I’d recommend placing either plastic bags,newspaper or something to cover wherever you are doing your hair.
The price is perfect for the great job this hair color does!!
Isabel M.
Lehigh Acres
Review for: Rain
This I used on my 15 year old daughter it has a good pigment the color was right on and their wasn’t much mess if done correctly and very easy to use. I liked that everything came in one box I will continue to use also their was enough product to retouch again..
HappyHippyMama E.
Eugene
Review for: Ocean, Other
I loved the color! I mixed some of my two dyes together to make the effect more vibrant and I must say that it looked amazing!!!  And then I washed it. 😭 Needles to say,  I'm treating my hair to remove all traces of the "Splat" in my hair!  Never again,  Splat!  Never again!!
susana G.
Lancaster, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Washes out to fast. Lease hair dry and makes it break really easy. The beach kit is ok but as for the color I would stay away unless you want dry fried hair. Only positives are they have pretty colors and they smell good. Like fruity smells.
Courtney P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The color of it is good but i used it to die my sister's hair (I am not a professional but i grew up coloring hair) and it doesn't spread well at all! Her hair is super short and i STILL felt like i needed 2 boxes. For the price? It is horrible. Would not reccommend, at all.
Emmy C.
Flushing, OH
Review for: Fire
I purchased the fire ombré kit and ended up using the dyes separately for pink and orange hair. Splat never fails to meet my expectations! The colors were vibrant, easy to use, and lasted long! Their hair lightener is also my favorite bleach and I ALWAYS use it! So happy there are inexpensive, vegan, cruelty free, and easy to find hair color products for those who love coloring their hair!
Miriam H.
Harrisonville, MO
Review for: Dream
I was so excited to try this. It was a birthday gift. It was going to a fun girls night. It was gonna be awesome mermaid hair do, but instead turned into a crackhead hairdon't. We followed the directions exactly and were very careful and the results were not what I expected. I wanted deep blues and beautiful purple. Instead it turned light blue and pink, but it also kept washing out of my hair. I only had pink and blue for like a week. Would not recommend.
Bridget V.
Fresno
Review for: Ocean
The bleach that came with this kit could have worked a bit better than it did. It left my hair looking splotchy. In some areas it turned my hair platinum and in other bigger areas barely lifted any color at all. As far as the colors are concerned the deeper one is more of a teal with green tones in it and the turquoise one is just amazing. If it wasn't for that turquoise my rating wouldn't have been as pleasant. My hair came out a mess!
Michele M.
Cincinnati, OH
How hard is it to blend together without looking choppy?
Rebecca S.
I have naturally blonde hair - is this a good option for a quick weekend-look that I can wash out before the work week? Will it ruin my hair afterwards?
Erica B.
Does this kit come with any special tools to create the ombré effect or just basic tools to bleach your hair?
Kari D.
Lebanon
Has anybody else had the problem with the blue coming out green instead of blue?
Sarah S.
Auburn, Wa
How does this look in dark hair?