BY SPLAT #35 in Hair Color

Splat Midnight collection is a semi-permanent fantasy hair color that is easy to apply. Formulated for brunettes it conditions your hair while you color, and there is NO BLEACH necessary! Go from boring to fabulous with this all in one kit in just minutes! Splat midnight collection leaves your hair looking and feeling fresh and bright!

Used For: Hair Coloring

• Want to dye my hair but don’t want the hair damage that comes alo...3 Answers
  • Does this take well on dark brown hair? Splat Midnight Hair Color...1 Answers
Shanna S.
Clovis
Review for: Indigo more...
I have fine light brown hair. I got the splat  indigo no bleach hair color.  Thinking that this is only a color deposit I thought it was safe, I was wrong!  My hair is not damaged ,not permed ,not bleached.  I applied the color to towel damp hair and let set for one hour.  Rinsed with cool water. Took  45 minutes of rinsing until the water ran clear.  After drying I was shocked to find that my hair was almost black.  The color saturation is very strong.  The next morning I wash my hair with a zinc based shampoo to lighten the color a bit.  I was successful at pulling  about 25% of the pigment off my hair strands.  The indigo color is rich and beautiful.  My hair has been died for two weeks now and the color still vibrant.  I wash my hair every other day and I have no more color from the scalp to 3 inches. It looks like at indigo blue ombré. BUT.........  this product has made my hair so dry and so  brittle,  the ends are literally breaking off.  The hair strands are so stiff they just snap in half at the end.  My hair is breaking as if I had a bad bleach job. Final thought: I’m not getting a hair cut. I will not  chemically lift the color.  I prefer a natural wash out process.
Christsia W.
Monroeville, NJ
I have to be very honest I love dying my hair so I use splat the first few times it was fun and amazing and my hair turned out good (pictures with blue) it stayed in for a very long time and was working very well I absolutely loved it! The dye started to fade out after awhile! Unfortunately when I did the bleach again my hair fell out I think just from dying it to much but yeah it fell out luckily I was only dying the under half but THOES pictures are below. (The purple dark blue) it continued to fall out untill it was all gone. Now a year later the under part is finally starting to be as long as the other one. I loved it even though it cut half of my hair off and dyed it again this time the tips I was obsessed with it I used the ombré pick and purple(the bright pink and purple) it worked really well and I cut my hair short it didn’t fall out all though the purple faded out dry quickly their is still a strip of very light pink in my hair! I absolutely love it when m hairs not falling out 😂😂
Amanda W.
Beaver Dam, WI
Review for: Splat Hair Color Midnight Amethyst (Purple) 5.2 oz more...
My hair is naturally blonde, the last few years I have been dyeing it burgundy. When I decided to redo my hair, it was mostly blonde with some red left in it. While I love how this turned out, and it required no bleach, it does have some issues. Positive is that it smelled like grape koolaid, and the color is vibrant and pretty. Applying it, I know why it's called splat. It goes everywhere! I'm afraid what this color might do in the summer, since every time I sweat or my hair gets wet, it bleeds and my skin is stained purple. I didn't heed the warning on the box, and a day after applying, I took a shower and washed my hair, and went to bed with my hair wet. Taking my pillowcase off the endt day, its dyed purple! All in all, this has been fun but won't be something I will be using again
Tara M.
East Hartford, CT
Review for: Splat Hair Color Midnight Amethyst (Purple) 5.2 oz more...
ok, so the first thing you need to know about this dye is that it is highly concentrated and makes a huge mess, so please cover all countertops anbd be careful when rinsing out as it seems to splatter everywhere..my hair is dark brown and although this did not 'turn my hair purple'..it gave it a beautiful purple hue and even when I washed it, it maintaine that purple hue as well as almost giving some of my hair an indigo color..this dye is MUCH more noticeable in the sunlighjt..however, this will also create a much darker effect so if you have lighter hair, I would not use this..because you do not need much, you can save what you don't use for touchups!
Harley G.
Readfield, ME
Ive had my hair vibrant colors all my life so I buy splat every time. When putting color in my hair ive never used anything other than splat. Well they came out with the midnight rose color and I had to try it. This one is bleachless. Which is amazing! I had a purplish black before and out this right over and it came out perfect. Its cheap but it stays bright for so long! I do leave it on a little longer than it suggests because it will make it last longer.

I'm gonna keep buying this forever.
Vivian D.
Fort Worth
Review for: Splat Hair Color Midnight Amethyst (Purple) 5.2 oz more...
Once I rinsed off the product after leaving it on for an hour and a half it came out more of a lavender than a deep Amethyst. I still like the color, but it's just not what I expected. My hair did feel nourished compared to other dyes, although for $10 or $11 at Walgreen's it's a bit too much for the value. Cute color, I do feel as if Sally's Ion or Manic Panic would have done a better job for the value.
Lynn E.
Reno, NV
I've been dying my hair since 2nd grade and this was the worst dye experience of my life. The color did come out very vibrant my hair, so....good. BUT, even after prepping with Vaseline around my hairline it stained my skin so bad. I had to wear a beanie for three days because it took three days to wash the stain off my scalp using makeup remover, clarifying shampoo with super scrubbing, and alcohol. And it's been a week and I still have to sleep on a towel because the dye is still rubbing off on other things and still rinses blue in the shower.
Lexis S.
Danville, KY
Review for: Splat Hair Color Midnight Amethyst (Purple) 5.2 oz more...
I bought this on a whim. Purchased it for about $10 (not bad) however this stuff says to leave on for an hour for optimal color. By the time it was time to rinse my hair it was stiff and drying. The color is fused to my scalp I’ve washed it like 5 times since I’ve dyed it yesterday. I have an undercut and it is not cute that you can see the dye on my scalp. I don’t know if I will use this again. I’m a brunette so the color doesn’t really show it just looks black and I’m ok with that but the dye on scalp that I cannot wash off is not cute!
Michelle M.
Columbia
Review for: Splat Hair Color Midnight Amethyst (Purple) 5.2 oz more...
I love dying my hair funky colors and because my hair is brown naturally finding a color that will cover that was a plus. I' giving this product 3 stars not bc I didn' love the color bc i did but bc the fallout was horrible. I was constantly sweating purple all my pillows are stained and almost 2 months after dying purple still comes out in the shower. I finally had to cave and go over it with permanent feria to stop the color drip. If they could fix the formula the product would be great bc for the first 2 week it was gorgeous!
Daze T.
Review for: Indigo, Splat Hair Color Midnight Amethyst (Purple) 5.2 oz, Ruby, Other more...
I always see bad review a for splat but I've never personally had any issues with it. I dye my hair alot and splat I usually what I use, it's cheaper then most brands and comes out great, I've even mixed colors.
Problem I see the most is people complain about it bleeding alot. If you don't thoroughly wash it out after you've dyed it it'll bleed a lot for a while. Like any other brand it's bound to fade and wash out during showers. If you want it to last a little longer I recommend washing your hair with cooler water and not hot. I've had splat last a month to 2 months in my hair. I also see complaints about it staining.. I clean up with rubbing alcohol. It gets it off the skin out of the tuband off the counters.
I also like that it's one of the few that don't smell like chemicals.
Kayla E.
Cresco, PA
How well would this work on hair that has been colored dark brown? I want an answer from someone who has used this please.
Shanae A.
Culpeper, VA
Want to dye my hair but don’t want the hair damage that comes along with it. Should I do it or nah Splat Midnight Hair Color Collection
Kayla E.
Cresco, PA
Mallory M.
Everett, WA
I just bought the midnight amethyst color because it says it’s made to dye brunettes and wo bleaching. I’ve never used it before and I’m wondering if anyone who had brown hair had used this color and how it turned out
Katherine K.
He querido cambiar el color de mi cabello, es bueno este producto?