Add a Photo

By SPLAT
#19 in Hair Color
Find hair color products at Target.com! Splat lavender hair color hair color kit
Photos (33)
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
Morrisville, PA

Omg I can't say enough about splat hair color. I have used this brand over and over again, using many of their colors. Currently though, I have purple hair. And although half of America swears by manic panic I personally think it's nothing special and doesn't last. Usually I will mix Splat with One 'n Only Argan Oil Hair Color Perfect Intensity Neon Purple and it makes a beautiful vibrant violet color. I can use Splat on its own and it comes out amazing as well just knowing me I love to mix colors . I went to cosmetology school and I still like using Splat over some of the professional brands. I am one of those people who usually have very bright hair colors and splat as always come through for me . before this purple I had blood red hair and I used Splat for that as well and I'm sure when I change my hair color again I will use splat in some way shape or form . I have just recently tried the new Splat formulation for dark hair. It's very rich and very dark I tried the vibrant amethyst color for dark hair and it came out so dark almost like a black light purple. It too dark for my liking but I put it on my extensions . but that's not what I'm reviewing, I'm talking about the regular Lusty lavender. I have yet to try the purple desire from splat, I have a feeling would be too dark for my purple goals. It lasts forever in the hair , I wash my hair once a week, of course it fades or washes down the drain but that's normal with any bright color . I try to keep a strict schedule and color my hair every 5 weeks or so and I've had no problems. I completely recommend Splat over Manic Panic or any other semi-permanent bright color like the ion color brilliance. Splat Bleach And Complete Color Kit Splat Lavender Hair Color Hair Color Kit
Bekah R.
Bekah R.
Anacortes, WA

Backstory: I have naturally very black hair and my attempts at lightening it to blonde have been a huge disappointment as I'm Not a hair professional ... I turned my hair orange and that's as high as it would lift with 40 volume developer. I decided I would just dye it back to black and never try to color my hair again, but then I remembered using splats colors in high school and felt like I had nothing to lose so Lusty lavender it was!! I don't know why there are reviews saying the color won't show up on darker hair. I had quite a few spots that the bleach wouldn't lift but it's okay because this dye gave me even coverage and a few peekaboo pink highlights :) my hair doesn't feel damaged, it's actually quite soft and fluffy, and my man LOVES it. When this fades, which it will with my experience with splat, I'm going back to splat time and time again!
Kennedy P.
Kennedy P.
Plano, TX

I have used this hair dye many times over 4 years and I love it! I order
two boxes each time since my hair is medium-long and it turns out
perfect.

What I like most about these kits is how convenient it
is compared to buying the bleach, hair dye and gloves individually. The
results are wonderful and it fades into a beautiful pink.

Even
when it fades to pink over a few months, I still get tons of people
stopping to compliment my hair. I wear a swimming cap in the shower to
avoid the loss of color. It is good to know that tons of dye will leak
out of your hair each time you wash it. Also, if you sweat around your
hairline dye will come out.
Raven S.
Raven S.
Tucson, AZ

I've heard time and again that people don't like Splat because the bleach dries their hair out, but what do you expect with bleach? Once I got an awesome leave in conditioner and hair treatment, my hair was fine. The last time I dyed my hair was October of 2015, it is now September of 2016 and my hair is still colored. It started out that amazing purple, then slowly faded to a beautiful pink! Now it's got a lot of blonde and light pink with pops of bright pink, and I even have some purple left! I mean, my roots have grown in like crazy, but the dye is still there! I wash my hair on a regular basis, so it's not like it hasn't had a chance to fade.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Holly, MI

I absolutely love this shade of SPLAT!
I think that the shade LUSTY LAVENDER seems more....light than the color actually is but it's a beautiful shade of purple. I used this on myself in an ombre and it's absolutely amazing. The dye itself is very opaque and has amazing coverage.
This product has also washed out of my clothing and towels. It did stain my counter top so be sure to be cautious with the application process. My color has lasted 1 month so far with proper hair care treatment. YOU NEED TO USE SULFATE FREE SHAMPOO WHEN USING THIS HAIR COLOR PRODUCT! Using regular shampoo with wash the dye out very quickly.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Lynnwood, WA

The bleach wasn't enough to lift my hair when I used it. I had to purchase other bleach and altogether processed it about 4 times to get it less brassy. At the time I used this, my hair was at a length above my shoulders but even one box wasn't enough. I diluted the hair dye with some white conditioner so I could have more product and I also wanted more of a lavender color than what's seen on the box. The result was a vibrant pink color which I wasn't trying for but got a lot of compliments on. However this hair dye washes out pretty quickly, mine turned to a light peachy tint but I didn't mind it.
Amy H.
Amy H.
riverside, ca

i bought this with the intention of giving myself purple hair but i was impatient and decided to do it in a small time frame knowing i had somewhere to be so i had time to bleach my hair but i had to wash out the color sooner than i intended to and ended up with red hair instead of lavender. i ended up loving it either way it was very bold and vibrant and my hair smelled and felt amazing afterward! next time i'll be sure to wait until i enough time to actually get it to purple but i'm sure i'll love the results as much as i did this time as well
Amber P.
Amber P.

I've used Spat kits before and have never been disappointed. However when using this specific dye I had an issue.
The bleach worked perfectly fine but the dye itself would not come out!!! Normally when using splat hair dye it would eventually fade and wash out! But with this color it wouldn't do that. Even after bleaching and dying my hair a couple of times (within a year and a half) some of the color was still there! It could've been something that only happened to me. Not sure but I do recommend other splat products.
Yasmina F.
Yasmina F.
Dearborn

I have an obsession with the color purple. I used this product because it was much cheaper than going to the salon. The color was not exactly as the box advertised but it still gave a shade of purple which i was fine with! I dipdyed my hair with it and it turned out amazing. Its been two years since i dipdyed it and my ends are more strawberry shortcake blonde than purple. It does wear off but then again, i wasnt looking for anything permanent! The entire kit was all there. I found it at walmart for four dollars!
Anne H.
Anne H.
Kennesaw, GA

Whenever someone asks me how I get such brilliant color for my hair (I do half bleach blonde and half black, but sometimes I like to add unconventional colors), I direct them to Splat every time. You can buy it at Walgreens for around $8.00 and it works on my jet-black dyed hair. My natural color is very dark (so dark brown it might as well be black), and the bleach from Splat lifts it to platinum. It's also not harsh on my hair at all but I also have extremely thick hair, so that might be part of it.
Leslie C.
Leslie C.
Rochester, IN

My daughter (she is 9) has brown hair but wants to try this just on the lower half of her hair. Any thoughts? I'm nervous about using bleach on her hair.
Kathryn C.
Kathryn C.
Love Sk

I just recently used this dye to add colour to my hair. Generally how long does the colour last?
Chantelle I.
Chantelle I.

Is this dye semi-permanent or permanent?
TheProductReview M.
TheProductReview M.
Murrieta, ca

Is this hair color expensive? Is it hard to wash out? How long does it last in the hair?
Karelys V.
Karelys V.
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Does the color last a lot?

Join Now