Add a Photo

By SPLAT
#21 in Hair Color
Find hair color products at Target.com! Splat lavender hair color hair color kit
Photos (42)
Bekah R.
Bekah R.
Anacortes, WA
Jan. 29, 2017, 3:48 p.m.
Review for: Splat Lavender Hair Color Hair Color Kit
Backstory: I have naturally very black hair and my attempts at lightening it to blonde have been a huge disappointment as I'm Not a hair professional ... I turned my hair orange and that's as high as it would lift with 40 volume developer. I decided I would just dye it back to black and never try to color my hair again, but then I remembered using splats colors in high school and felt like I had nothing to lose so Lusty lavender it was!! I don't know why there are reviews saying the color won't show up on darker hair. I had quite a few spots that the bleach wouldn't lift but it's okay because this dye gave me even coverage and a few peekaboo pink highlights :) my hair doesn't feel damaged, it's actually quite soft and fluffy, and my man LOVES it. When this fades, which it will with my experience with splat, I'm going back to splat time and time again!
Raven S.
Raven S.
Tucson, AZ
I've heard time and again that people don't like Splat because the bleach dries their hair out, but what do you expect with bleach? Once I got an awesome leave in conditioner and hair treatment, my hair was fine. The last time I dyed my hair was October of 2015, it is now September of 2016 and my hair is still colored. It started out that amazing purple, then slowly faded to a beautiful pink! Now it's got a lot of blonde and light pink with pops of bright pink, and I even have some purple left! I mean, my roots have grown in like crazy, but the dye is still there! I wash my hair on a regular basis, so it's not like it hasn't had a chance to fade.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Holly, MI
I absolutely love this shade of SPLAT!
I think that the shade LUSTY LAVENDER seems more....light than the color actually is but it's a beautiful shade of purple. I used this on myself in an ombre and it's absolutely amazing. The dye itself is very opaque and has amazing coverage.
This product has also washed out of my clothing and towels. It did stain my counter top so be sure to be cautious with the application process. My color has lasted 1 month so far with proper hair care treatment. YOU NEED TO USE SULFATE FREE SHAMPOO WHEN USING THIS HAIR COLOR PRODUCT! Using regular shampoo with wash the dye out very quickly.
Amber P.
Amber P.
Jan. 6, 2017, 4:22 p.m.
Review for: Splat Lavender Hair Color Hair Color Kit
I've used Spat kits before and have never been disappointed. However when using this specific dye I had an issue.
The bleach worked perfectly fine but the dye itself would not come out!!! Normally when using splat hair dye it would eventually fade and wash out! But with this color it wouldn't do that. Even after bleaching and dying my hair a couple of times (within a year and a half) some of the color was still there! It could've been something that only happened to me. Not sure but I do recommend other splat products.
Yasmina F.
Yasmina F.
Dearborn
Dec. 14, 2016, 9:01 p.m.
Review for: Splat Lavender Hair Color Hair Color Kit
I have an obsession with the color purple. I used this product because it was much cheaper than going to the salon. The color was not exactly as the box advertised but it still gave a shade of purple which i was fine with! I dipdyed my hair with it and it turned out amazing. Its been two years since i dipdyed it and my ends are more strawberry shortcake blonde than purple. It does wear off but then again, i wasnt looking for anything permanent! The entire kit was all there. I found it at walmart for four dollars!
Anne H.
Anne H.
Kennesaw, GA
Whenever someone asks me how I get such brilliant color for my hair (I do half bleach blonde and half black, but sometimes I like to add unconventional colors), I direct them to Splat every time. You can buy it at Walgreens for around $8.00 and it works on my jet-black dyed hair. My natural color is very dark (so dark brown it might as well be black), and the bleach from Splat lifts it to platinum. It's also not harsh on my hair at all but I also have extremely thick hair, so that might be part of it.
Maggie G.
Maggie G.
North Adams, MA
I love this stuff!!! I just recently used it on my sister and was very very pleased with the result. I bought them for like $9 a piece and got 2 bottles of color and a bleaching kit in each one! they also had this stuff that you can mix with the color to make them pastel which was pretty nifty.

the only thing I don't,like about these is that I can seem to keep the color vibrant. I had,purple streaks going through my hair that faded to pink.

(the picture is of my sisters hair)
Kess S.
Kess S.
Davie, FL
I LOVE this stuff it's vegan!!! Cruelty free bad lasts pretty long you just need to take care of your hair my trick is the hair dye I have left I use it by putting in a white based conditioner bottle and shaking it! Every time I I wash my hair it's like touch up! The formula is a bit loose so it s can get messy make sure to sue snaking soda with soap for whatever stains you get ok you skin! And if the color is too much you can walkway dilute the color and its works magic!!!!
Kirsten H.
Kirsten H.
Stuart, FL
This product isn't bad as far as purple hair dyes go it's not the best you do have to bleach your hair before which I'm not a huge fan of but the color is good pay off but be careful when you're using it because it does get everywhere and after you clean it out of your hair in the shower you will probably have a purple ring around your shower besides that for the price it's not a bad purple color and it lasts for about a month to a month and a half
Shayna P.
Shayna P.
Raleigh, NC
I love this stuff. It comes with everything you need in the one box with easy to understand instructions. I know that some people complained about the color washing out after a week but I have never had that problem. I only did one small strand of my hair. I would bleach it and then dye it and the color was always gorgeous and true to what was on the box and lasted quite a while
Leslie C.
Leslie C.
Rochester, IN
My daughter (she is 9) has brown hair but wants to try this just on the lower half of her hair. Any thoughts? I'm nervous about using bleach on her hair.
Kathryn C.
Kathryn C.
Love Sk
I just recently used this dye to add colour to my hair. Generally how long does the colour last?
Chantelle I.
Chantelle I.
Is this dye semi-permanent or permanent?
TheProductReview M.
TheProductReview M.
Murrieta , CA
Is this hair color expensive? Is it hard to wash out? How long does it last in the hair?
Karelys V.
Karelys V.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Does the color last a lot?