Spirited Away uploaded by Diana S.Spirited Away uploaded by erika r.

BY STUDIO GHIBLI FILMS

In this animated feature by noted Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki, 10-year-old Chihiro (Rumi Hiiragi) and her parents (Takashi Naitô, Yasuko Sawaguchi) stumble upon a seemingly abandoned amusement park. After her mother and father are turned into giant pigs, Chihiro meets the mysterious Haku (Miyu Irino), who explains that the park is a resort for supernatural beings who need a break from their time spent in the earthly realm, and that she must work there to free herself and her parents.

Zoey N.
Artful but not arty, Spirited Away is a handcrafted cartoon, as personal as an Utamaro painting, yet its breadth and heart give it an appeal that should touch American viewers of all ages. Must watch
Diana S.
Oceanside, CA
Spirited Away is my all time favorite Studio Ghibli movie!! I've seen it so many times I could never get tired of it. I would definitely recommend this movie to others. I've shared this with my friends and family and they are totally in love with this film. The visuals and storyline is beautiful.
Skyela H.
Washington, IN
Absolutely amazing movie. I love all of Hayou Miyazaki’s movies and this one is one of my favorites. It’s so different from other movies I just fell in love. I love the whole idea of being in a world of creatures it’s just so good.
Becky R.
Ogden, UT
I love this film and I pretty sure that it is what really sparked my love of Japanese animation. The creatures are fascinating and the colors in the film really portray mood in a way that I don't feel that I get from other movies. I can still remember everything about the first time that I watched this.
Seleste G.
SINTON, TX
This is honestly one of my all time favorite movies. The whole concept is completely original not to mention it's great for the whole family. My children and my husband now all love this movie just as much as I do
Daisy M.
Sartell, MN
This is a great movie, it is very well done, and also very family friendly! The music is beautiful. I absolutely loved it growing up and would definitely recommend that you go watch this N O W. ALSO, it wasn’t expensive.
Shellamae C.
Clearwater, FL
This is one of my favorite movies of Hayao Miyazaki. The storyline is so amazing, creative and unpredictable. I love this anime movie so much. I wish Hayao Miyazaki made a part 2, then Chihiro and Haku will see each other again.
Vanessa A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Besides "Kiki", this was one of the two Studio Ghiblis I watched repeatedly throughout my adolescence. I love all kinds of films, and this one is pretty much a perfect movie. I'm not exaggerating. Every moment is interesting, the world and the characters are wonderfully strange and distinct, it's beautifully drawn and animated, and it's even a little bit dark sometimes. Even the "evil" characters aren't flat out evil; it's quite nuanced. A movie for kids and adults, but I would argue mostly adults! One of my favorite films ever, and certainly among the critics community as well!
Kaitlyn S.
Bartonville, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is the first studio Ghibli movie I ever watched. It made me laugh and made me cry and it made me emotional invested in the story and fully emersed the audience in the fantasy world. It's a bit weird at times but I watched it twice the very first time I saw it. That is the first time I have ever done that. Words cannot describe how amazing the animation and story is. The characters are absolutely unforgettable. By far my favorite film of all time.
Vanesa R.
Sunnyside, WA
Spirited away is a very good movie especially for the anime lovers out there or those who are curious about anime. It is the story of a little girl who gets pulled into a different world and is put to work for her freedom. It is a very interesting movie with a lot of interesting characters. One of the movies I have included in my dvd collection. :) Worth a watch
Brandy N.
Natchez, MS
Was wondering if anyone else thought this was more for adults than children?
Abigail P.