At Spirit Airlines, we’re dedicated to getting you where you want to go for less. In fact, our total price is 30% less* than the other guys, on average. We believe in options. That’s why we offer Bare Fare® pricing, which allows our customers to only pay for the options they choose – things like bags, seat assignments, and refreshments. Some consider it an à la carte way to fly. We like to call it à la smarte. We operate more than 460 daily flights to 63 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean. Kick off your next trip and save with us at www.spirit.com. *Based on DOT data and verified by Campbell-Hill Aviation Group, LLC.

CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER +1 8O5 8O4 5O1O
CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER +1 8O5 8O4 5O1O
When can you update your baggage type?
Start your review of Spirit Airlines!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
...lose an enormous amount of money with this company, they have the worst customer service, today I lost my flight along with around 15 more people because they did not want to let us in, our flight departed at 6:09 and we were in line for about 50 minutes and they just would not let us catch our flight, they had a customer complaining that they lost his luggage and he was getting married the next day, he had been complaining for three days and had no answer on where his luggage was, they didn't give him a credit towards a flight or any other kind of compensation...in reviews
The seats were so uncomfortable and there was barely any leg room (for a three hour flight it was so annoying sitting in those seat I just wanted to get out already).in reviews
I had a layover in Vegas, and the flight attendant was very rude and was no help in letting me know if I had enough time to grab a quick bite...I know that's not her job..but still.in reviews
...you don't get any amenities, they charge for everything, and only take credit cards.in reviews
My flight was delayed 2 hours and then I happened to lose my boarding pass on the way to the gate, and they were going to charge me like $10 to re-print it.in reviews
Fritz A.
Philadelphia
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Fritz A.
Stay away from this airline. Please! I beg you. It’s not worth what you THINK you’re saving. I’ve flown with them for years. Flight delays, cancelations, luggage delay, last minute gate switches, you name it! But this is the last straw. They won’t see another cent from me and they shouldn’t get yours either! What happened: They outright refuse to give me a refund or an ounce of flight credit after I was unable to make the trip due to COVID. Flight Credit is standard in these situation. They make up any excuse to keep your money. Rumors are definitely true...they are criminals. Everything you’ve heard is true. They are not to be trusted and they are solely motivated by their bottom line. Could care less about the customer. They will cancel your flight without a moments hesitation. Outrageous fees. Worst for comfort, experience, professionalism, bottom tier airline all around. If they survive another year I’d be surprised to say the least. If anyone at Spirit is reading this, here is my confirmation code: AH31WD. I tell no lies!
Leslie  Z.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Leslie  Z.
We’ve flown with Spirit a couple of times, our last trip was with them in June of this year we flew to Cabo. we’ve never had any issues with them. Their app is so easy to use and I was able to communicate with them if I had any questions. With everything going on I had so many questions since we hadn’t traveled in a while. The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the luggage fees.
Caroline V.
Ann Arbor, MI
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Caroline V.
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Caroline V.
HOWDY! I’ll gladly pay that baggage fee if that means I’m saving $200+ compared to other airlines. Just make sure you bring your own snacks cause you’ll starve before they give you a single pretzel.
Lorena L.
Florence, AZ
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Lorena L.
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Lorena L.
I think the airline is good, it has good deals and the prices are ok, it is a bit uncomfortable but I understand that it is low cost air, I would recommend this for short trips or if you go free! (Less luggage) Other way, the fees for the bags seem reasonable to me! All the crew have been kind. I have done domestic flights and international flights!
Gil R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Gil R.
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Gil R.
I flew from Cali to LAX last month with Spirit and I told myself it will be the last time; my suitcase was damaged and delayed 24 hours. They refused to accept my claim because I wrote it more that 4 hours after my suitcase arrival. I need their report for my insurance and they denied it. I could not write the claim online within 4 hours because when my suitcase arrived by FEDEX I was at work.
Azita Z.
Fort Lewis
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Azita Z.
Spirit Airlines uploaded by Azita Z.
My mom checked in at the LaX airport this morning and had the worse customer service ever !!! They discriminated her, they down talked to her, told her she wouldn’t need a Wheelchair and she could be happy to have a ticket for $38 because he can not get home for that money! And asked her what she had in her carry on and why it was heavy? Is this how spirit treats it’s customers? My mom is coming to visit us before my husband deploys. And the Hotline for the Customer Service is the worse ever!
mindy E.
Oklahoma City, OK
Monday April 23rd we boarded an American Airlines flight from DFW to Cancun, Mexico to take my 18 yr old daughter on her high school graduation trip. Once on the plane, my husband realized he had lost his Polish greencard in the airport. They allowed him off the plane to try and retrace his steps to locate it to no avail. We knew it was somewhere close to the TSA checkpoint because he had it to get his boarding pass just before. Once we got to Mexico, I called your customer service line explaining to the agent what had happened and asked her what we needed to do because we wanted to be prepared before trying to fly back. She told me that as long as he has his passport and another form of ID, even if it's just a credit card, that he would be allowed to board the plane back. DFW had located his greencard and we would pick it up when he went through imigration. He was still uneasy about this, but I assured him that the agent I spoke with told me it would be no problem.

Our return flight was for Friday morning April 27th. We arrived at the airport plenty early to make sure there were no issues with him getting onto the plane. We walked to the counter and explained the situation to the kid working and what the other agent had said. We also provided him with his Polish passport and the boarding pass from the original flight and were told he could not board the plane. He then called over a supervisor who looked at us, not the computer or any of our documentation, only us and said "You can't board" and walked away. At a loss of what to do, he told me and my daugher to board the plane and he would stay behind to see what he needed to do. I don't know if you have ever had to leave someone you love in a country you're not familiar with, but it's damn hard to do. I knew staying behind with him would cost us twice as much and that I had to get my daughter back home. So we boarded the plane without him. He spent another 24 hours in the Cancun airport alone with no sleep waiting for a flight we had to pay out of pocket for on another airline to get to Mexico City. From there he had to take another flight to Laredo Mexico and pay for a taxi to take him to the port of entry where he had to WALK across the bridge, be detained by imigration, put in a cell and wait until they could scan his prints to show that he is infact legal to cross the border. Once he paid the $586 fee to re-enter through, we then had to pay out of pocket for a hotel room so that he would have a place to sleep for the night as well as pay for ANOTHER flight back to DFW where he then picked up his greencard at the lost and found office.

To call this trip a nightmare is an understatement. Had the agents at the counter made the call to verify our story and information, we could have easily flown to DFW and had it taken care of with absolutely no issue. Instead we had to indure 2 more days of stress not knowing what was going to happen as well as another $1200 that had to be put on our credit card. I am EXTREMELY upset with how this was handled. When speaking to imigration at the border, the agents explained to him that YES he could have easily boarded the plane and imigration at DFW could have easily handled it there. Instead, I had to explain to my daughter why I was crying for 2 days and that it wasn't her fault just because it's where she wanted to go for her senior trip. We are not well off people and we saved for 6 months to take her on this trip, only to have it turn into the nightmare it was.

I understand the refund policies and I also understand imigration's policies. I also spoke with the customer care line who first hung up on me, then when calling the second time I got the run around about how he was marked as a "no show" to the plane! They were absolutely no help at all. I had only asked to be refunded for HIS flight, not all of them. They would not help me. I asked the 3rd person I talked to once more if they were going to refund me and she went on about the policy again. I then informed her that I would be filing a dispute with my credit card company as this was unacceptable.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT fly with Spirit Airlines!

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT fly with Spirit Airlines!

Hannah M.
If you can afford anything but spirit airlines, do yourself a favor. I had an awful experience, it's way to crowded, no space for movement, sleeping is in possible
Mwisa C.
The plane ride was extremely uncomfortable. I felt that the company didn't adequately disclose hidden fees.
Becca E.
Fremont
I’m not going to say worst airline ever because I haven’t flown every airline. But if they could charge you for breathing air they probably would. If you can travel out of a backpack it’s alright but if you need more than two pairs of underwear for your trip you’re probably out of luck. The money that you save in the ticket will be spent on extras like choosing your seat, extra bags, etc.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Kinzz P.
Ellicott City, MD
il y a 3 ans
I am traveling with my baby Spirit Airlines in spirit airline to florida? Any specific advise for me?
Katrese S. il y a 3 ans
I used to fly with my little one on spirit all the time. They always let people with small children go first, my advise is to wait and board last. Its hard for little ones to stay still sitting while the boarding process is going on. Not sure how old your baby is but i always changed them right before boarding started because changing them in the bathroom stall on a plane is rough. If theyre a bit older color books are a good way to pass the time. I also downloaded a bunch of her favorite videos to a tablet to watch as in flight entertainment is non existent. Snacks! Bring lots of snacks and any type of beverage you can think on. When my my baby was on a bottle i always brought some type of medicine for the discomfort of their ears popping, also it sometimes makes them sleepy. Depending on the time your flying i always say try and keep them up so theyll nap. Makes flying more pleasent when you dont have a squirming baby for 4 hours. I also would check as much baggage as i could but i would keep the stroller and diaper bag on me as you can check it right before the plan door on the ramp. And conveniently thats where you pick it up when you land as well. It makes traveling through the airport easier. Dont be afraid to ask for assistance from a crew member. Ive encountered quiet a few very nice people with spirit when id fly with my baby. Hope this helps.