BY SPIRIT AIRLINES

At Spirit Airlines, we’re dedicated to getting you where you want to go for less. In fact, our total price is 30% less* than the other guys, on average. We believe in options. That’s why we offer Bare Fare® pricing, which allows our customers to only pay for the options they choose – things like bags, seat assignments, and refreshments. Some consider it an à la carte way to fly. We like to call it à la smarte. We operate more than 460 daily flights to 63 destinations in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean. Kick off your next trip and save with us at www.spirit.com. *Based on DOT data and verified by Campbell-Hill Aviation Group, LLC. see more...

Spirit Airlines

Start your review of Spirit Airlines!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "Please save your money and invest a little more money with another airline, I just lose an enormous amount of money with this company, they have the worst customer service, today I lost my flight along with around 15 more people because they did not want to let us in, our flight departed at 6:09 and we were in line for about 50 minutes and they just would not let us catch our flight, they had a customer complaining that they lost his luggage and he was getting married the next day, he had been complaining for three days and had no answer on where his luggage was, they didn't give him a credit towards a flight or any other kind of compensation..." in 14 reviews
  • "The seats were so uncomfortable and there was barely any leg room (for a three hour flight it was so annoying sitting in those seat I just wanted to get out already)." in 13 reviews
  • "I had a layover in Vegas, and the flight attendant was very rude and was no help in letting me know if I had enough time to grab a quick bite...I know that's not her job..but still." in 10 reviews
  • "My flight was delayed 2 hours and then I happened to lose my boarding pass on the way to the gate, and they were going to charge me like $10 to re-print it." in 7 reviews
  • "Yes, seats are smaller and don't recline as much, you don't get any amenities, they charge for everything, and only take credit cards." in 7 reviews
Christina B.
Orlando, FL
By far, the worst airline I have ever been on. I would rate them no stars if I could. A couple years back, I traveled with my soccer team and we booked 25+ tickets. About 2 hours before our flight was to take off, a portion of us were delayed, which we thought was weird... how could only some of us get a delay? Anyway we figured it was an error and were already waiting at the airport anyway. The few that were not delayed, ended up getting on the plane while the rest of us sat waiting! Then the stewardess walked up to those 8 and said that they no longer had seats on the plane. They looked at her and asked what do you mean? They were in their seats with their tickets! They replied basically just by saying, either you can get off the plane, or we will have security come get you. About this time, the rest of us all got emails that our flight had been canceled. The other 8 come back to us and tell us what happened. We went online to flight tracker and saw that the flight had ACTUALLY TAKEN OFF. They just overbooked the flight or just tried to make more money off of it by kicking us off. All of us had to spend the night in the airport and had to reschedule all our flights. We spent a total of 17 hours in the airport that day. Instead of all flying together, they booked us on to 4 different flights that arrived at all different times. It was craziness. They were so rude, unhelpful, and manipulative. I will never fly with them again and I hope I convince you all not to as well!! Stay away!
Jill S.
Grand Rapids
I would not suggest flying Spirit unless you are in desperate need for a quick last minute flight. Though there prices may stick out as cheaper than the majority all there add ons tend to sneak the price up and in the end you will probably spend just a much if not more than what you would for a seat on one of the bigger more recognized airlines. Personally I find spirit airplanes to be much smaller and cramped. The aisles are smaller and then the seats are closer together. I am 5’5 an I barely have space for my legs it is very cramped. I would advise if choosing to fly spirit that you read all there terms and policies. My roommate and I recently went on a flight with spirit. We booked a round trip to ft Lauderdale an we ended up needing a earlier flight then we had originally booked due to an emergency. We called spirit an they did not help us at all. We booked another flight with Allegiant in order to get there when we needed. We like I said booked a round trip with spirit, but upon arrival for our return flight we were informed that our already paid for return flight had been canceled due to us not boarding our first flight. What made it worse is that they basically wrote us of an said it was in there policy. I personally thought that it was pretty messed up that the agent that I had spoken to about trying to fix our flight to ft Lauderdale didn’t inform me that this was what would happen if we didn’t board that flight.
Kristie y.
ohio
I bought tickets from Ohio to Jamaica and back as part of an All-inclusive package to Beaches Negril. I picked them because of the times available- not knowing anything about them. The fact that we got there safely is one of the only positive points of the trip. Their lines for check ins are much longer and slower than others. You do not get a free carry on bag like every other airline I’ve flown with. If the height or weight is even slightly off there is an insane upcharge. You can’t even get a free water or peanuts. The seats are small and very hard and uncomfortable. To pick seats is an upcharge- but it’s the only way to guarantee that your child won’t be separated from you. All of those are annoying but the main issue was a 24 hour delay for almost everyone on the plane on the way back from Jamaica. The flight ran 4 hours late on the way back so those who had connecting flights in Florida missed their next flight because we didn’t land until I think 10pm. They did provide a hotel voucher but you had to wait in a 2.5 hour line to get it. Then we had to check out at 11am and wait for our 8:45pm flight. Everyone at the airline and shuttle said this is very common with Spirit. Will never fly with them again.
member-30409
I booked a trip with Spirit, but once I booked it I realized that I would be landing in Dallas and would have 33 minutes to get off my flight and run across the airport to another flight. Realizing that this was not enough time I called the next morning and cancelled my reservation. I was told I would see the money back on my card within 7 business days usually. When I didn't see the refund I called Spirit again and was treated very badly. They told me I was outside the 24 hours and could not cancel my flight. I told them I had already asked for my flight to be cancelled and to please review the recording. They said that even if I reviewed the call that it was not a guarantee that would cancel it even if I had originally told them to cancel it. I was told to call back but that they needed at least 24 hours. In a panic I bough a second ticket home from the Dallas airport. Well when I called back they let me know that they would allow the refund; however, they would now not refund the second flight I had bough as a back up. Horrible customer service. The fact that they didn't originally cancel it when I asked and then were so rude on the phone is mind blowing. Customers should matter more. I don't fly often so I know I will not have much of an impact on their company, but going forward I will try never to fly Spirit again.
Nathalie 🌸.
Bronx
If I could give less than one star, I would! Spirit Airlines gives THE WORST traveling experience everrrrr!! There are extra costs for EVERYTHING, not to mention their airline only allows luggage up to 40 lbs when any other airline allows up to 50 lbs. The time I flew with them the machine to print bag tags and flight tickets wasn't working and I had to wait about 45 mins because their system was down! The customer service associate didn't even seem sorry. The like to get to the metal detectors was an ugly mess and nobody was trying to make it better. The flight itself sucked and the seats were uncomfortable. Get this, we took a connecting flight in ATL and by the time we got back to Newark, Spirit had lost my cousins luggage. They don't know where they lost it and they won't even answer or return her phone calls. This made traveling sooo much more stressful and annoying. The next time you are traveling, pay the few extra dollars for another airline because with all the fees and troubles you go through with Spirit, it's worth it to travel with JetBlue or Delta airlines.
Kyra K.
Taylor, MI
I get it. Its popular cause its cheap. Youre super crammed, it just all around is a CHEAP flight. But lemme about the LAST last time I flew Spirit... So we spent 5 days in Vegas, flying from Michigan. The ride there was great, no complaints other than me being super cold (but thats just me). Had fun, went back to the Vegas airport and boarded the flight. Everything seemed fine and then BANG and the power went out (thank god we were geounded still) at this point I had a panic attack, like I was grown woman crying in front of like 70 other strangers, after like 15 minutes the power came back on. I figured that maybe theyd have us board a diff plane but NOPE we stayed on the same plane. I was scared out my mind during this whole 4.5 hour flight. We landed fine and I was so glad to be on the ground again. Personally, my review my be biased, but thats my reason of never flying Spirit again. I rather pay the extra 100 or 2 for Delta.
member-7e1c1
"0 stars"
Recently reported there was a minor traveling with her family, but seated separately was removed from her seat due to overbooking. The nightmare to this is that this is NOT an Adult. Her family (mom & brother) were never informed, consulted or included. She was not given the chance to or asked to contact them while on the plane either. Where's the questions or inquiries that should be asked prior to being bumped? It could have been an elderly person with special needs where it would not be safe or secure for them to be removed like this. Spirit Airlines says "safety & security of their guests are top priority". If they mess up BIG TIME like this, & ONLY offer a ticket refund & some extra miles, then that shouts out to me how valuable our lives are to this company.  There's a filing cabinet with a gold lettered sign on it- "THE REAL TOP PRIORITY". There's a trash bin that has a sign taped to it that reads "TOP PRIORITY".  Mind blowing incidences like these tell me where "passengers/customers" names will go and where "the cash they paid" will go.
Look up - April 2018 Mom sues Spirit Airlines for removing teen from flight
Amy T.
Atlanta, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
First I want to start by saying that I do not expect much when purchasing an airline ticket. I purchased two tickets for airlines because I needed flights last minute and was excited that I could purchase cheaper tickets for a flight I didn't need a lot of accommodations on.  Buying the ticket was about where the accommodations ended... We ended up getting charged $90 both ways for ONE suitcase... y'alls this suitcase was a standard size checked bag, they do not allow any bags on their airlines that aren't the size of a small purse. Not even a backpack. We also experienced poor customer service and insane wait times.

Had I been flying somewhere without luggage for a quick destination then I would consider this airline again but that is a never for me. They reel you in with their low price tickets but NICKLE AND DIME you so badly.
Jenny T.
Fort Worth, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Spirit would only be my first choice when it comes to needing last minute tickets at a less expensive rate. They were perfect when I needed to hop a plane and be with family following a death. That is where the perfection ends. The seats are not comfortable. They are very narrow and tough to sit in if you have hips. On the plus, the arms between them do lift so you and your neighbor or travel companion can breathe a little easier. The seats themselves are akin to ironing board with bungee cords on the back to hold the barf bag and emergency instructions. NOTHING is complimentary. In flight snacks/drinks ALL come with a cost as does any baggage you need to check. The flight crew was nice so that was a plus. I appreciate them for convenience but I'm not sure if that outweighs the numerous inconveniences.
Katie G.
Swanzey, NH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
You truly get what you pay for with Spirit. If you go into their flight with no expectations what so ever you’ll be a lot more satisfied. Also, everyone should read their fine print and what their company is all about before flying with them. I’ve seen a lot of complaints about their airline but if you know your facts before booking there really isn’t anything to complain about. Their planes are all brand new so they’re very clean and nice and not to mention one of the safest airlines to fly. My one and only complaint is the comfort of their seats and that’s the reason for my four stars. It feels like sitting on a hard chair at a ballpark, but if you’re only on a short flight it’s bearable. If you’re trying to save money, I do recommend Spirit. They also have a lot of direct flights which is a plus.
Marissa V.
Has anyone enjoyed their flights?
Melissa S.
Racine, WI
How many had flight delays through spirit?