BY SPELLINGCITY

VocabularySpellingCity is a fun way to learn spelling and vocabulary words by playing engaging learning games using any word list. The most popular activities are Spelling TestMe, HangMouse, and our vocabulary games, available to Premium Members. The most popular word lists are Sound Alikes, Compound Words, Hunger Games and SAT Words. The free app includes ten of our most popular word lists and ten of our most popular learning activities. Spelling TestMe is a spelling test that reads each word aloud, uses it in a sentence, and repeats the word. Students can work at their own pace and receive instant feedback upon submitting the completed test. HangMouse is a VocabularySpellingCity favorite that lets children decode each word in a friendly version of traditional Hangman. Kids love trying to figure out the word before the cat catches the mouse. Missing Letter is a fun game for kids of all ages. Even the youngest learners can practice letter recognition by trying to find the missing letter that completes each spelling or vocabulary word. Alphabetize is an activity that can be used to practice putting words in alphabetical order, a vital early literacy skill. Students love to play ABC order activities and games. Spelling TeachMe is a great activity to introduce a new word list to students. Each word is read aloud, spelled letter-by-letter and used in a context-rich sentence. Sentence Unscramble helps students practice sentence structure as well as using words in context by unscrambling words to form a complete sentence. Word Unscramble is a popular word game that is a variation on other word games such as text twists, jumbles and anagrams. Read-A-Word is an activity that gives students practice recognizing new words. Can you find the words that you hear? Try Read-A-Word and find out! Test-N-Teach gives students the opportunity to learn as they practice. Students do their best to build a monument to good spelling. The better they spell, the better their monument! VocabularySpellingCity Premium Members have access to 14 additional premium vocabulary, spelling and language arts activities as well as student records and assignments. Custom word lists may be entered by registered members (registration to save lists is free!) on www.spellingcity.com for use in the games and activities on VocabularySpellingCity’s app. This is our first app for the Ipad/Iphone. We would love know how you like it. Please start by telling us whether you were first a user of our website or are you first encountering us on the device. John, aka the Mayor of VocabularySpellingCity. see more...

SpellingCity
  • "I purchased a classroom subscription several years ago and use it for independent word work practice." in 1 review
  • "It is a great way to practice those spelling words in a fun way." in 1 review
  • "My 7 years old daughter love it to practice spelling words." in 1 review
  • "It's a great app that they can use at home on a computer or tablet as well." in 1 review
Alyssa T.
This was a great app that has helped many students. It is a fun way they can practice their spelling words independently or with a neighbor.
Erin J.
Pearcy, AR
I have this downloaded to my phone, my daughters Ipad and her Ipod.  She loves to play this like it is a game.  I love that you can create lists yourself and not just their weekly vocabulary lists from school.  I like to add my own more challenging words.  She has a spelling bee coming up and I enter those words in there for her to practice with.  Would strongly recommend this for parents and teachers.
Robin N.
Garland, TX
This is a great app for your kids to use! I have 2 children that have been using Spelling City for about 3 years now. One of my kids has autism and learns best visually and she needs something to help keep her interest. This app provides both with allowing them play games with their spelling words, take pre test and final test and they provide a definition for each word. It has been wonderful and my kids have succeeded at being able to spell countless words thanks to Spelling City. It's free but you have the choice to pay a low cost annual membership that I highly recommend. You get more games and more options to customize to your child's needs
Toni J.
American Fork, UT
My kids school uses this site and love it. It is a great way to practice those spelling words in a fun way. no more fighting them to study them they just play games that help them learn them quick and easy and they love it
Kadie G.
Excellent site for teachers and students! Teachers can create word lists for students and students then can play games and practice their personalized list of words. The site is very user-friendly and is educational and fun.
Elizabeth S.
Dunkirk, NY
I used this with my second graders. It's a great app that they can use at home on a computer or tablet as well. I like that it has both spelling and vocabulary and they really enjoyed the games!
Christi F.
Dayton, OH
Hands down, one of the best educational apps out there. I purchased a classroom subscription several years ago and use it for independent word work practice. The kids love it too.
Megan P.
Great spelling practice for anybody really, it is more focused for younger ages but can be used for anyone needing to study some spelling words efficiently.
Brandy Jo B.
Bean Station, TN
Great practice for the kids!!! Keep them spelling during summer when they are out of school keeps their little minds fresh
Chrissy C.
San marcos, Ca
My boys school uses this thy love it cause there plating games I love it cause there spelling
Noel S.
Louisville, KY
Who else used this in school?