Spectrum Naturals Organic Sunflower Oil uploaded by Lupe B.

BY SPECTRUM NATURALS #4 in Cooking Oil

Expeller pressed No Hydrogenated Fat We like to call this oil our "Golden Child."  It s higher in monounsaturated fat and lower in both saturated fats than regular sunflower oil, and pure heaven for high heat cooking.  The only questions left is, what s not to love? Refined for High Heat Different oils have different uses, and each performs best within a certain range of temperatures.  Some are made for high heat cooking, while others have intense flavors that are best enjoyed by drizzling directly onto food. This oil has a high smoke point making it best for high heat applications like sauteing, frying and other high heat appliances. High Heat Up to 460° F USAD Organic Product of  USA, Switzerland or Argentina see more...

Buy on Vitamin...
  • "It has a very mild flavor but is so much healthier to cook with then other oils as it does not release free radicals when heated to a high temp... hence " high heat" on the label." in 3 reviews
Jenifer G.
I love using sunflower oil to cook with! It's a better substitute for olive oil or canola! And still contains the nutritional aspects of oils as opposed to cooking with other oils! Definitely recommend keeping this around the house! My oil of choice!!!
Desiree L.
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
Love love love!!! Easy to cook with and you can basically use it on ANYTHING! I use it when I make "fried" Tempe and it is simply amazing! Even if I make a stir fry I'll use this instead of the other bad oils.
Jenna K.
Wellesley, MA
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
I use this to cook, I'll substitute it for canola oil. It has a subtle flavor but isn't too noticeable. I also like to use it to make homemade face masks and hair treatments.
Brittney G.
Greenville , SC
Slight cloudiness of unrefined sunflower seed oil is a sign of the highest quality oil not only in SO but in any oil. Unrefined means full of nutrients unlike refined. Refined means less nutrients which in return qualifies for high heat cooking since the nutrients do not burn and make smoke. Refined means the taste and smell of the ingredient being oiled is removed just like refined VCO without the taste or smell of coconut. Quality unfiltered oils are sold in light-resistant amber glass, dark glass but filtered are not due to less nutrients. Producers bottle oils usually with a nitrogen flush to maintain optimum freshness, prevent oxidation and ensure maximum nutritional value which is not mentioned on the labeling. KEEP REFRIGERATED and use within three months after opening SO only after insuring that you purchased it from a reputable seller with high turnover and inspected the freshness date. Unlike EVOO, SO does go rancid much quicker due to vitamin E content which tastes awful and becomes an empty calorie food ingredient.
Sarah R.
Yacolt, WA
Found this oil in grocery store. Other than the price this is one of the healthiest high heat oil you can get today.

This oil is a rare expeller pressed high oleic sunflower oil. Many other organic high heat oils are on the market but if you pay close attention they all have high amount of omega-6 content. This oil's polyunsaturated content (omega-3 and omega-6) is very low (< 8%). If you stir fry frequently, this oil will help you avoid excessive omega-6 and give you all the benefit of monounsaturated omega-9 (main composition of olive oil)
Alex R.
Philadelphia, PA
It is great to have a organic cooking oil, and sunflower oil is particularly good for frying things, because it has a higher smoke point than other oils especially compared to butter. I will say this product is definitely more expensive than just the normal sunflower Pelli and it is not available in every supermarket, so you may have to go to a whole foods or a store like Wegman's that has specific organic sections.
Jeanette H.
Selma, CA
Eco-warrior Expert Level 1
Use this and grape seed oil to cook now and then for a change of pace does not change the taste of the food which is what i like Spectrum Naturals Organic Sunflower Oil
Jenn L.
Oil City, PA
I actually use Sunflower oil a ton in my products (I make /have my own business of all natural bath, body, beauty products) and I have always loved this brand. I had to switch brands because of needing to buy MUCH larger quantities of it, but I have no complains about Spectrum and their organic products all together are very high quality. The sunflower oil is great and doesn't leave any type of oily residue on skin. I highly recommend this brand! It's highly affordable too which is great considering it's such high quality.
Lupe B.
Alhambra , CA
Eco-warrior Expert Level 1
My favorite organic oil to cook with that stands high heat! Perfect for frying! The flavor is very mild, so don't be afraid to use it thinking it will overpower your meals. I purchase my oil at my local Target, it's a little more than other brands such as Crisco and Mazola, but it's healthier.
Pasang S.
Concord, NC
This is a great oil! I really love it for cooking. It is especially good for high temperature skillet saute or omelets. It leave no after taste or burnt smell. It's especially nice on delicate white fish recipes. I have ordered it several times and will remain as my favorites.
Felicia J.
Macon, GA
How does this oil taste? Does it change the flavor of certain foods?
kimberley l.
Brooklyn , NY
What is this oil good for?
aymee v.
What is it good For l?
Kristy C.
Cullman, AL
What are good uses for this?
Ana C.