Add a Photo

By SPECTRUM
#1 in Cooking Oil
Spectrum® Organic Coconut Oil.
Expeller pressed.
USDA organic.
Refined for medium high heat.
14fl oz 414ml.
Photos (92)
Martha R.
Martha R.
Los Angeles, CA

For the face: Will NEVER put this on my face again! Broke me out! I have sensitive skin that has recently become more oily. A few months ago, I decided to give into the coconut oil hype and use it as a nightly moisturizer. I had more pimples than I ever had in my life. I stopped using it and my pimples slowly faded. Docked a star for that because it was the worst experience but it's so versatile that I can't hate it!

For the hair: amazing! Most of my hair products have coconut oil and I used it to protect my hair from damage when I bleached it (twice + a bleach bath) and I do think it helped. I also use it as an overnight hair mask for moisturizing my medium-thickness, curly hair.

For food: love it in my morning smoothies! I've used it in cooking and I liked it too.

I want to use it for teeth whitening but haven't gotten around to it. I just would really stray away from using it on the face.
INDIA W.
INDIA W.
CARENCRO, LA

Spectrum Coconut Oil Organic, where should I begin about this great and versatile item? It is great for cooking (sautéed veggies, and chicken, as well as good in baked goods. Coconut Oil is an awesome natural face and body moisturizer (great for skin conditions such as eczema, dry lips and skin). This versatile oil is great for your hair (conditioning mask). It can replace other cooking oils. It is expeller pressed and can be liquefied easily from the touch of your hand or putting it in a warm place. I also put coconut oil in when making blender coffee (adds lots of froth), smoothies, baking goods, and cooking. It is also good for dogs as well. I also put coconut oil in when making blender coffee (adds lots of froth), smoothies, baking goods, and cooking. It is also good for dogs as well.
Hayli S.
Hayli S.
Auburn, CA

I love this product. I use it for my hair mostly. As a mask and to help protect against hair lightening damage before blonding. It helps keep curls defrizzed. It helps with moisture and manageability. I leave it in for one hr and my hair smells so good and is so soft. It mends split ends. I use this product as a skin oil and a cuticle oil. I use this a makeup remover as well. It is great for baking. This is the most universal product in my house. It helps grow out eyebrows and lashes. I use this as a mouthwash. Its called coconut pulling i believe. U swish coconut oil in your mouth and it pulls the plaque out while curing sensitivity and gingivitis. Mix coconut oil with food grade charcoal powder and it can be used as toothpaste or a face mask.
#contest #briogeo
Tiffany C.
Tiffany C.
Arnold, MD

I just got hooked on this stuff and I'm so glad I did! I bleached my hair a few months ago and it resulted in dry, split ends. I tried everything to help with the moisture and I'm so glad I started using coconut oil. I put it in my hair for an hour then rinsed it out in the shower. It may take two washes to totally get it out without leaving your hair oily looking. My hair was softer after a single treatment and wash and I absolutely love the smell! It's very subtle but it's just there enough to smell good. It is perfect for anything. I put it on my face as a moisturizer after the shower and my lips when they're chapped. I also use it on the dry parts of my body. I love it!
Lucy Z.
Lucy Z.

This is one of my favorite products of all time. Not only can I use it for cooking, but the beauty/skincare uses for it are ENDLESS!

Here are some of my favorite uses for this:
(1) Makeup remover - this becomes liquid at room temperature (or slightly higher than room temperature) so you can just use it on your face/eyes with a cotton ball/cotton pad

(2) Moisturizer - all over my body, especially in the winter!

(3) Cuticle oil - same as above

(4) Hair mask - put it on your hair, leave in shower cap for 30 min, and then rinse out with shampoo!

(5) Diaper rash cream - for babies and adults!

(6) Making DIY soaps - great for adding a fantastic coconut smell!
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Conyers, GA

I might have found the holy grail. This product is not only all natural, but multipurpose. I mainly use this for my skin, and with the down side of having eczema my skin gets very dry. I've been using this coconut oil as a face moisturizer day and night and on any dry spots that needs the extra hydration. I was hesitant at first since almost every moisturizer I used made my nose and t-bone area really oily, but I thought I give it a try and it's actually been controlling the oiliness. My dark spots and scars from horribly popped pimples fade more and more, and I can't praise this product enough because it's just so darn good! I highly recommend this!
Molly M.
Molly M.
Hibbing, MN

LOVE coconut oil. I used to use coconut oil as a facial cleanser, but I recently stopped due to other issues (it left my face feeling great, but i have had rosacea for a while, and am trying other meds/washes)

I also use coconut oil in my hair about once every two weeks. I take scoopfuls of coconut oil and massage into my scalp ( I suffer from dry scalp ) then, with any left over oil, I run it through the rest of my hair, concentrating mainly on the scalp and the ends-
I let it sit in my hair for a minimum of 1-2 hours, then wash.
I have to wash a few times for my hair to feel "clean" but this is SUCH a treat for your hair!

coconut oil till i die! x
member-3f17a169a
member-3f17a169a

You can literally use this for anything! It's amazing. I use it to exfoliate my lips adding sugar, as a hair mask, to shave, moisturizing my skin, makeup remover, moisturizer for the face, mouth wash. It's the best thing you can use. It can even whiten your teeth. Use it first thing when you wake up, swish for 15 min. Don't swallow! Then brush your teeth after wards. Do this everyday for 3 months & you should see a major difference it your teeth! You'll see results within a month. It can be pricey but it lasts a long time! It smells like light coconuts. It has so many great benefits for your body, I repurchase it every time I run out!
Natalie S.
Natalie S.
Louisville, KY

If you haven't jumped on the coconut oil trend it's about time you do. I use this for everything : hair mask , makeup remover, split end smoother, skin moisturizer. You name it I've probably used coconut oil for it and loved it. My boyfriend even used it when he had a dry skin flare because he said it "wasn't too girly". One jar lasts FOREVER and you can clean out and reuse the glass bottle ( it has a pretty gold top).

PRO TIP: Put some coconut oil in your hair before a workout. Not only will it penetrate the follicles better when your scalp heats up but it will keep back fly-aways. YOU'RE GONNA SHOWER ANYWAY (maybe?)
Jessica S.
Jessica S.

This product is an multi purpose product..you can use to do almost everything with...like removing make up using it as a moisturizer for hair...lip balm as well as a moisturizer for the skin...it also gets rid of fleas and ticks it protects animals....I love this product would recommend it to anyone...#coconut #coconutoil #multipurpose #allnatural #fleaandtick #protectyourhair #protect your animal #itworks #tryit #iloveit.........you can find this product at your local grocery store such as Wal Mart, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger you can even find it at your local pharmacy such as Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, RealRx,
Megan Z.
Megan Z.

What are some unusual ways you use this coconut oil?
Kayla J.
Kayla J.
Greenfield, IN

How do you use this for your hair to treat it? like do you just use this, or mix it with something? am I making since..? lol. just heard it works wonders but never done it before..
Kim S.
Kim S.
Asheville, NC

Has anyone heard of using coconut oil for 'oil pulling'? I've heard you are supposed to basically swish it around in your mouth and it helps whiten your teeth and increase your mouth health. Can anyone vouch for this?
Niki Z.
Niki Z.
Bechtelsville, PA

Where can this product be purchased?
Amber G.
Amber G.
Montgomery, TX

I have been wanting to try coconut oil for my hair, face and body, is this a brand I can trust? I'm having problems finding the right one.