Special Effects SFX Hair Color Hair Dye Pimpin Purple [] uploaded by Ally C.

BY SPECIAL EFFECTS

Ally C.
Emmaus
Special Effects has been my go to hair color for-ever! Remember when it used to be scented? I do. This vegan dye has some serious staying power on lightened hair (and bathtubs! Be prepared to scrub a bit)
I like to stick to colors with a nice fade down. The purples fade down to a vivid pink that sticks in my hair and makes for the perfect tone when I rebleach. The pink doesn't stain and is easy to revive before every shampoo.
I love lime green but it has very limited staying power on Me, but when I need a bit of a crazy color pop, I'll switch out the pink for green!
Denise H.
LAS VEGAS, NV
This was always my preferred hair dye in my youth. My favorite color was Fishbowl but I also favored Electric Blue and Purple Smoke. This is a great semi permanent color that also doubles as an excellent conditioner for your hair. Err on the side of caution though...this stuff stains! Practically anything and everything it comes in contact with it will stain. I make sure I have bleach handy to spray down my tub and sink; that seems to do the trick.
Nicole P.
Shelby Twp, MI
I use this on my daughters hair and she loves it! Shes had it in for the last few months. We've touched it up twice just to keep the color vibrant. Its faded nicely and holds up really well!
Melissa J.
I generally use the color NUCLEAR RED.
My hair doesn't normally take well to dye. I've bleached it, I've had it done professionally, I've tried all kinds of brands and colors. This is the ONLY brand that is super bright and lasts for a long amount of time. My hair even feels fresher after dying it! This all happens WITHOUT bleaching my hair, so that is less damage done to my hair.
I've been told by hairdressers that my hair looks professionally done after I dye it! I will never use any other brand of dye after going to Special Effects, which I've been using for 2 years when I dye my hair.
Bri B.
Albany, NY
Don't be fooled, this hair color is hardly temporary. I used Virgin Rose on my unbleached, brown hair and my hair was that color for months. Even with my hair unbleached, the color came out exactly as I expected. However, what I did not expect was the amount of runoff in the shower for weeks afterward. Every time I washed my hair for maybe 3 weeks after I dyed my hair, the dye would run off my head. The color didn't fade, though.
Cindy A.
Fort Worth, TX
I absolutely love this product. Has a good range of color choices. It's vegan friendly. It's very pigmented and one bottle will get you to about shoulder length depending on how thick it is. The color is so vibrant and shiny. Lasts such a long time without fading and even when it does it fades such a lovely shade. When I dyed my hair with pimpin purple it faded a very vibrant fuschia. Everyone thought it was freshly dyed.
allison o.
sc, california
I love this hair dye. My hair has been purple for 8 months and I have only had to dye it twice. I love that this is only depositing color, so I am able to leave it on my hair for hours without worrying about damage. It's about $13 a bottle and it's so much fun to mix colors and create a custom look.
Andrea S.
Staten Island, NY
Oh I loved this shade! I used to use this shade a lot when I first started dying my hair. Pimpin Purple was a really deep purple shade. I love the way it faded. It's like a nice jewel toned shade.
Jennifer F.
Roseville, MI
Totally in love with this color. I love purple and when I decided to do a loud color for my hair I went straight for this shade. I've got shoulder length hair and the bottle was only half empty when we were done putting it on. Truthfully we might've been able to get away with using less but I wanted to make sure it got in there good. Don't listen when it says 15-20 minutes with the dye on though. I left mine on for the length of a movie because everyone I know who used it said that even on bleached hair it won't stick well unless you let it sit on the hair for a while. Can't wait to try other shades within this brand.
Jessica D.
West Palm Bch, FL
When searching for this hair dye this is the only color that showed up. However, I have used Special Effects hair dye in the color ATOMIC PINK. It is by far the best hair dye I have ever used. The pigmentation lasts forever in my hair. The only time I redye my hair is to touch up my roots! Which is only every couple of months! I got mine on amazon for around $12, which I think is a pretty good price! Because a little of this stuff goes a long way! One thing I have noticed is during the first few days after dying your hair there might be some staining on clothes, so I would be careful of that (although every time I have stained my stuff pink it always washes out in the first wash so its not that bad) I HIGHLY recommend this hair dye to anyone who wants long lasting  vibrant color!