BY SPATEN

Chelsea H.
San Antonio, TX
Review for: 12-12 more...
Out of all the Spatens (except Dunkel), this is my least favorite. It tastes like traditional Spaten but with a harsher taste. It’s best enjoyed warm, like most German beers. Take your time and it’s still enjoyable.
Christine C.
I love Doppelbocks, and this is a great one. It's very approachable for those new to Doppelbocks or even darker beers. It's not overly hoppy, which can be difficult for people who aren't used to hoppy beers. I mostly stick to darker beers, and though this is actually lighter than what I typically drink, I still find myself going back for this one sometimes. I love just popping open a bottle of this and streaming Netflix on my couch. A great way to relax.
Nicole M.
Orange park, FL
My favorite beer. It started my love for doppelbock styled beer and has stayed a favorite since the first time I had it. Nutty, dark, but not too heavy. I'm not a fan of IPAs or pale ales because I find them way too bitter, but this has the perfect amount of hops. Plus, with a pretty high alcohol content for a beer, what more could you want?
Lauren R.
Greenwich, CT
I bought a single bottle of this at Cost Plus, mainly because I had never heard of it. It was so good I ran back the next day and bought a 6 pack. It's darker than their usual beers. Very full flavored. Definitely worth a try if you have the option and you like dark, hoppy, beers.
Kenny R.
Indianapolis, IN
I don't rate too many beers as 5-star, but Spaten Optimator just happens to be one of my favorite beers of all-time. Are there beers out there that are better? Of course, but Optimator does it's job and never disappoints. Highly recommended!
Shelby O.
Houma, LA
Very dark, and smooth. Great taste, and thicker viscosity. Very good beer to have with a hearty meal. If you love dark or German beer, this one's a must.
Autumn S.
Fort Worth , TX
One of the first good beers I ever had. I definitely recommend it for someone who is ready to branch out and try something dark and a bit hoppy.
Sarah S.
Oneida, WI
Absolutely fantastic dark beer! It goes down smooth & does not feel too heavy. Nice body & even better on tap.
julia h.
Austin , TX
Such a good beer with thick rich flavor. the price is right and the alcohol content is high!
Daniel F.
Yucca valley, Ca
This is a great dark beer. I brought it to a party and it was a huge hit!!!!