Spa Castle   uploaded by Claudette M.

BY SPA CASTLE

Spa Castle
  • "This used to be a great place to relax and have a couple of drinks alongside with finger foods in the pool (awesome)." in 6 reviews
  • "All in all, worth the $45 entrance fee if you get there early and make a few hours of it, but I'd steer clear of the additional services (unless you have a gift card) as they are priced pretty steep" in 5 reviews
Claudette M.
Brooklyn, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I went with my sister a few years ago after she had twins to treat her to some R&R. We've been back recently and the experience wasn't so great! Things have taken a turn. We won't be back unfortunately.
Winter M.
Bronx, NY
Everyone favorite place to go you can bring you kids here. Which can also be a downside lol.. favorite part is the pool and just being able to relax I would recommend this place to others it is expensive
Janet L.
Chevy Chase, MD
I love love love Spa Castle! I wish I lived in NYC so I could come here all the time. So many floors of wonderfulness! The bade pools (upstairs with the jet streams) open at 8 am (at least on weekends)... Some people are just sitting/chatting, others are in the massage chairs (which you can use for 10 minutes for $3). My friend and I went to the relaxation room to sleep. About 15 large comfortable reclining chairs for you to sleep on. Aside from the music of snores that I heard, this was a great place to just rest. Also, breakfast/coffee is available. The platters are pretty good and I found the Egg, Cheese & Ham on a roll (they mean hamburger bun) for $6 was delicious!
The pools are nice. Half are in doors. The other half outdoors. Difference jet streams to target different parts of your body. Not too crowded at early hours.
- Foot Massage room ... for $40 , you can get a 30 minute foot massage. You lie down in a reclining chair and the massage is wonderful. Pinpointing every small point on your feet. Awesome feeling!
Danielle K.
Flushing, NY
Spa Castle is great for the simple fact that it totes a varied selection of Saunas ranging from Hot, Cold, Infrared to Ultraviolet - all rooms catering to specific ailments and treatments. Additionally they also offer massage, facials and manicure/pedicure services. Where the novelty ends, is when the tour buses full of visitors arrive around 10 am and the once serene, peaceful tranquility outlet turns into a circus of clammoring spa frenzies, defeating the purpose of the otherwise quiet experience.

Granted, this is a Spa "mega store" with 4 floors of hot tubs, spas, whirlpools, pools, luncheon areas and bar so anytime you have caravans of people arriving that experience will surely be shot.

Denisa R.
Bronx, NY
If there's any place that I consider paradise on earth it's Spa Castle. It's a bit farther out in Queens, but it's amazing if you want to have a day full of relaxation. You pay a fixed price to go in and enjoy the majority of the facilities (showers, saunas, pools, hot tubs, etc.). Once you first walk in you are given a locker key to store all your belongings and change into the attire they provide. Massages, salons, or food and are all extra and accounted for once you leave the spa. The massages are amazing and you really come out brand new. The food is decent, but a bit overpriced since you can't really go out to get food elsewhere. Other than that this place is amazing!
Yuena L.
Elmhurst, NY
Holy crap. This place has changed so much. When you think spa, you think relax and peace. However over the years this place has changed from that to stress. Don't get me wrong, I've been here over dozens of times. Mostly when it first opened. Now it's like they charge you overpriced for you to have a terrible experience. It was only 35, when it first opened, now it's 45. Ever since they had the groupon deal the class of this place plunged tremendously. It's so many people in a so called relaxing place. I don't mind paying the full price if it was actually worth it but it's not.
Kajal P.
Tampa, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have gone to spa castle in College Point NY as a birthday gift. It was an awesome place. Even tho I heard disgusting reviews online about what happens in the rooftop pools and jacuzzis, I still enjoyed my time there. There are so many sauna rooms each one being different temperature and different theme. My favorite part was the pools and waterfall. The one thing I love about this place is it is open all year round. You can even find groupons on Spa castle.
Viona C.
Flushing, NY
Service has gone down tremendously, which is kinda weird cause you would think they would step it up after the amount of negative publicity they've been through. It's pretty dirty here and I feel like they can definitely work on their sanitary conditions a lot more. Can't really relax here anymore cause you always have a bunch of kids running around, which is honestly fine. But the way people have completely dirtied this place makes the experience not as worth it anymore.
Tina C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Compared to the first time I've gone, the service and quality of this place has gone down dramatically. It's great because of all that it has to offer but I guess in recent years, as it gained a lot more customers, the quality has gone down by a lot. The one I go to is in Queens, NY so if you've followed the news, theres a lot of negative publicity that has hit this place as well. The fact that people have been caught doing "deeds" in that facility is absolutely disgusting - and even worse since the staff don't know how to handle the situation. Especially since there's also kids around.
Liliet F.
Los Angeles , CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
This place is wonderful!!! i went to visit my best friends for mothers day and we went to spend the day over there!!! one of my clients recommended to me, i just loved we have a such great time, my favorite part is the firs floor if you do not mind to be naked, you will love it for sure, the herbals and medicinals pools are the best with the shower and jets, very nice!!! i love it
Jessica B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Where is this?
jami g.
Grants Pass, OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is the rooftop pool open year round?
Angelique D.
Syracuse, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Are there any similar places in other states in the U.S.?
Gabriella R.
Moorpark, CA
Are there other locations besides the one in Queens?
Becky M.
Aurora , CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I wonder if they have ever offered a new member offer, or a chance to win a trip here? I would love to go and win some day!!