Soy Face Cleanser

by Fresh

A best-selling 3-in-1 face wash that gently melts away makeup and mascara (without the sting!), removes impurities & tones for clean, balanced skin.

Does this cleanser strip the skin? looking for a good gentle morning cleanser!?
How is this product for oily/combination skin?
Is this a suitable product for acne prone skin? I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, just wondering if it helps reduce acne scars, etc
Start your review of Soy Face Cleanser!
Product Highlights
“...makeup and skincare products by Fresh. Their stuff is especially made for sensitive skin. Soy helps to soothe and calm inflamed skin so I definitely recommend this cleanser for those of you afflicted with sensitive, red, dry skin. I have the 5 oz bottle and it's almost $40. It's pricey, yes, but the product really pays for itself. Remember, you are paying extra for a product that is good for your skin. Always consider your skin as a lifelong investment! If you use it religiously every morning and night, it should last for a good six months. A little of this really goes a long way--it removes your makeup really well but if you have waterproof mascara or eyeliner on, you might have to squirt just a little bit more and focus on your eyes to get the rest off. Also, big plus is that it's so gentle that you can use it around your eye area and this cleanser doesn't leave your skin dry at all but it still gives you that clean, fresh feeling once you're done. Another thing to note is that the smell might be off-putting to some individuals. It's definitely an acquired scent. However, you'll be happier to know that the scent doesn't linger.” in reviews
“This cleanser will remove water proof eye makeup and light foundation, nothing heavier than a tinted moisturizer of BB/CC cream.” in reviews
“Oh, I have very sensitive skin and it is gentle enough for me to use it daily. ” in reviews
Honolulu, HI
Soy Face Cleanser uploaded by NOELLE E.
Purchased at: Sephora
All I can say is, I'm a woman so I am allowed to change my opinion a lot! LOL A few years ago, I received a deluxe sample as the Sephora bday gift. One of the reason I don't really like sample product is bcuz the product is IMO not the best. A few times I have tried the deluxe sample and then full size product, and the product was ...different in each. This cleanser is one of them. (Anyone else have that experience? I wonder if they do change formula of product for free sample size, but why would they damage the product reputation? Any ideas?) I must've got a bad batch I told myself. The product didn't clean my skin well, and it left residue on my skin. I felt like it just pushed the dirt around my face. Few months ago, on a whim I bought the full size product. Everyone raves about this product so I wanted to give it another try. And I'm glad I did! I have completely changed my opinion. Holy grail! This is a gentle cleanser with soy proteins, rose water, cucumber extract to nourish the skin. This is not a foaming cleanser, which I love. This is a lightweight thin gel consistency. Ph level 5.3 👍 perfect! This cleanser does not leave my skin dry or tight, it leaves my skin hydrated. It's soothing and calming for the skin. This cleanser is great at leaving my skin balanced, hydrated and clean at the same time. This cleanser is good for everyone, especially those with sensitive dehydrated skin. The cucumber smell bothered me at first, but not too much anymore, my sinuses are sensitive anyways. HOLY GRAIL! This cleans my skin well without leftover residue. However this is not a good makeup remover, but i don't use a cleanser as a makeup remover anyway. I use this product as a second cleanse. Every person should own this cleanser. I think a good price $38 for a 5 oz bottle. I will repurchase for sure when i run out. This is a cleanser i always need on hand. This is raved about for a reason. ----- MY CLEANSER SPIEL: As Caroline Hirons says “clean skin is the first step in the rest of your routine”, picking a good cleanser is important! A Good Cleanser IMO: - gel or balm, non gritty/scrubby - can scratch or tear your pores - no harsh foaming agents (some exceptions) - don’t strip your skin of natural necessary oils - check ph level (between 4.5 - 5.5) - skin layer is more acidic, keeps nasty stuff away (don’t want to disrupt skin’s ph that much) Good Cleansing: - start with dry skin, dry hands (depends on which cleanser I’m using) - cleanse every night (“the day” gets stuck to your face literally), not necessarily in the morning (sometimes I just splash my face with water) - massage in upward circular motion, get under facial hair and breakup the dirt, get the blood moving - use warm water - not hot, not cold Soy Face Cleanser Fresh
Warrensburg, MO
Soy Face Cleanser uploaded by Nakeyta K.
One of the best cleansers for sensitive skin that I have EVER used! It leaves my skin feeling clean and not dry or stripped of all oils like most other facial cleansers do. The smell is not my favorite, but it is very light so it’s not a big issue to me. I’ve been using this cleanser for a few months now and my skin has been so supple, soft, and feels hydrated even before I apply anything else. I recommend using this and then a gentle scrub or exfoliant followed by the Kombucha Antioxidant Essence before applying your serums, creams, and moisturizers. If you have sensitive, dry, or combination skin, you can’t go wrong with this as apart of your daily regimen. Sidenote: I had already bought the mini size cleanser in a Fresh set from Sephora and was actively using it when I received a complimentary deluxe sample from Influenster, so thank you for the extra supply because I was already smitten and about to go purchase the full size tube! *I received this complimentary for testing purposes.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Chicago
Quick Answer: Disappointed. This product I really wanted to love because it’s marketed to be great for any skin type.  It’s a gel consistency, light in scent, and is gentle on your skin, yet strong enough to remove everyday dirt and makeup (even mascara!).  It’s supposed to do all this without drying your skin.  I was really excited about this product because it has amino acids, cucumber extract, and rosewater which together would have been an amazing trio - tone, soothe, and soften.  So the first day I used it, I didn’t like it at all, it made my skin so irritated and I had a lot of flakes left on my skin, but it didn’t clean my skin at all. My “clean test” is always using a toner and seeing what’s left on the cotton pad - and it was literally all tinted moisturizer and everyday grime.  I thought the flakes on my skin were maybe because the cleanser was exfoliating so I kept using it and that was a terrible idea.  Those flakes of skin turned into a burning feeling and my skin felt so dry, tight, irritated, and honestly, not clean.
This product has so many preservatives in it, which is why some people with sensitive skin felt like they had a sticky-like film left on their skin after use.  There’s also an ingredient in this face wash called Benzyl Alcohol. Not all alcohols are bad for your skin actually - there are some fatty alcohols that can do good. However, benzyl alcohol is used in products to make them feel lighter and to help other ingredients penetrate into the skin.  The downside to this? It can cause dryness, irritation and breakouts.
Hillsdale, MI
Soy Face Cleanser uploaded by Brooke S.
Soy Face Cleanser uploaded by Brooke S.
I got this cleanser in my boxyluxe for the month of December and I love trying face products so I was excited! First impressions were that the packaging is simple but eye catching, it doesn’t have a strong over powering smell but does have a lighter scent that I’m not a huge fan on it kinda reminds my of a cucumber scent, it got all the makeup off my face so that’s a bonus! Now for the size I got which is 150 mL on the fresh website it says it’s $38 I do think that’s a little pricey, it is a good size but I’m personally one to buy cheaper face products so I don’t know if I’d buy it but it is a pretty decent facial cleanser it does say it’s rich and amino acid for all skin types gently cleanses face and eyes so if that’s your type of thing and you wanna spend a little more than this is probably the facial cleanser for you!
Stock Island, FL
I used the Soy Face Cleanser after I had taken my surface makeup off with a wipe. I made a mistake the first time I used it though. I squeezed out the normal amount I use for face wash and started applying it on my skin. I quickly realized I used WAY too much! I learned my lesson and have only been using a pea size amount since. My blunder just goes to show you how effective this cleanser is.The scent is also quite nice. It smells very fresh and clean, with a hint of cucumber, which I found to be very soothing. Although packaging doesnt affect how effective the product is, I do appreciate the simple design, and easy to use squeeze bottle.As a side noteI love the fonts Fresh uses on their packaging! I cant be the only one who loves a good font.Although it is a gel base, its super rich and a little does go a long wayso the value is great! After washing it off with water and patting my face dry with a towel, I noticed that not only did my skin feel clean, it felt soft. I have never used a cleanser that made my skin feel like I had already put my serums, moisturizers etc. on it. With other products I have found that my natural oils have been drawn out, which isnt a huge deal breaker for me, as I put oils on my face anyway, but the Soy Face Cleanser preserved my skins structure, whilst cleaning out any impurities.
I had never heard of this brand before getting a sample of this cleanser in my 500 point Sephora gift box. I was curious to try this out as it claimed to be a non-drying, extra gentle cleanser for all skin types. I'm currently using Differin, which can cause the skin to be somewhat sensitive and dry, so this cleanser sounded perfect. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and so far I can say I like it. I can't say I've found it to be anything extraordinary though. It does however do the job of being gentle, non-irritating, and cleanses my skin without drying it out. It's a clear gel, that is more liquidy than thick and I don't find myself having to use a lot of product. I take all of my makeup off before using this product as it does not take off heavy or waterproof makeup. It doesn't lather much, but washes off easily without leaving behind a resiude. I find the scent to be light and refreshing, almost like that of cucumber water with a hint of rose. It leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. Overall, it's a nice product for those wanting a gentle cleanser. The price point is on the higher side and I feel like it should do a lot more for that price.  Soy Face Cleanser
Durham, NC
I initially received this cleanser as a sample with purchase at Sephora. I had heard it repeatedly recommended online but really never considered trying it or purchasing it. After my first use, I realized that this is the only cleanser I would be purchasing in the future. For reference, I am on my second bottle after using this product for over a year. Without hesitation, I can say this is worth every penny. The cleanser has a mild cucumber fragrance — not an artificial or perfumed scent but a very natural scent. The product is clear and somewhat viscous but not particularly thick or thin. Upon application, I find it to be almost a bit warm on my face. It does not lather or foam up so I never have that stripped feeling that I get with surfactants. However, it takes off everything. Any makeup residue, waterproof mascara, lipstick, it washes everything off. The average every day cleansers really do not tackle makeup at all which requires an extremely thorough first cleanse. Even then, I sometimes feel I may have makeup residue. I double cleanse daily. I at least know that once I go in with my second cleanse, the soy cleanser, that it is truly getting rest off. I cannot recommend this enough.
Rochester, NY
Treat ‘yo self without breaking the bank or breaking out. I love this stuff. I have cystic acne prone, sensitive skin, with an oily T-zone, dry chin and cheeks. I am in my 30s and wear a good amount of makeup. This cleanser’s refreshing cucumber scent smells like a trip to the spa. It comes out as a lightweight, but not runny, liquid gel and builds up a nice lather. A little goes a long way. It doesn’t strip my skin of moisture or leave a residue - the perfect balance. Its great at removing makeup and doesn’t sting my eyes. I no longer have to use a toner. The packaging is top notch too. It really annoys me when skincare dispensers are wasteful and this tube cost effective. I love the flip top because I don’t have to fumble with unscrewing a cap with slippery hands or worry about the open container falling into dirty water or leaking. The mini version’s packaging is just as nice and perfect for travel. If you’re looking into the mini, buy the paired set instead and you get a travel size lip balm too! I used to use Philosophy’s Purity or Neutrogena’s Fresh Foaming Cleanser (with makeup remover), but this is my favorite cleanser I keep repurchasing. Worth stocking up on during the sales!
Seattle
Soy Face Cleanser uploaded by Zahraa A.
Purchased at: Sephora
The cleanser is perfect for morning/night cleansing, as it doesn’t leave any residue and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It smells pleasant from cucumber and rosewater extracts - which are natural, NOT synthetic fragrance. It is also gentle, and doesn’t irritate my normal-dry skin. For the price point, it’s a bit expensive, but I’m satisfied with the results. I have normal-dry skin. Effective at removing makeup. No residue and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It is a bit pricey but I received this product as a free sample and the size of the squeeze bottle is quite large. I can see it being a staple to my skincare routine but because of the price I probably wouldn’t purchase it regularly. As for ingredients, they are relatively safe. Some reviews claim that the soy cleanser has parabens - not sure if this is true? I’ve tried to look into this and don’t recognize any ingredients as parabens but then again I’m not an ingredient expert nor did I take the time to look up every single ingredient. If it does have parabens, it’s well hidden. Regardless, this product is definitely better than most out there ingredient wise.
I would love to say that "I love this!" because it is a very natural cleanser.  However, as I do like the product, there are a few drawbacks to it.  The texture is a bit slimy and it doesn't feel as if I am cleansing my face yet just moving the product around on my face.  Therefore, I found myself wasting product because I would wash my face twice to achieve that clean feeling that I ever like so much.  Also, after two washes, following with my normal toner, I though that I had washed away the makeup from my day and was ready for the remainder of my facial.  But, I was pleasantly surprised that I still had some makeup coming off on my cotton ball.  So, overall, I like the concept of this being a natural cleanser, it doesn't perform as well as other face washes that I've use in the past.  It would be a good wash for those that don't wear makeup and have larger pores like myself.  I wouldn't purchase this, but I will use as a first wash to use up the product and use a different wash to completely cleanse my face.  Sorry, Fresh, I believe in your products.

228 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Richmond , BC
il y a 19 jours
Alice Z. • il y a 10 jours
Great face wash paired with fresh rose toner!
New Castle, DE
il y a un mois
Soy Face Cleanser can i use it on my eyes?
Ann T. • il y a un mois
No, way!
Aitkin, MN
il y a un mois
Imm in love with Soy Face Cleanser I received this in my Boxycharm box and it seems no other face wash I try has compared this doesn’t dry your face out it’s like a oil jelly formula so it helps take the makeup off to doesn’t have a strong scent either love this?
gemma R. • il y a un mois
LOVEEEEE THIS ! I also got it in my boxycharm and have already repurchased!