by Southwest Airlines
Ask a Question
Hui-Yu Y.
Hui-Yu Y.
Bellevue, WA

If you have a southwest credit card, do you think it's worth to get it?
Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.
Sept. 26, 2013, 10:37 p.m.
We don't have many credit cards but this is one that we do have. It has become our main credit card and it really has benefited us. We have had it for only a little over a year and we have been able to use our points for many free flights. Highly recommended.
Traci S.
Traci S.
Sept. 3, 2013, 11:39 p.m.
It is really worth it. We put any large expenses on it such as our Disney World vacation. (We used points for our flights do didn't pay for those. When we had to replace our roof we used our credit card. When we bought a new mattress we used our credit card. We always make sure to pay the balance off in full so we don't pay any interest. We have taken a lot more trips because we can get free flights.
Mary G.
Mary G.
Aug. 19, 2013, 3:28 a.m.
I fidn it is worth it when you get it at certain times that they offer bonus points. You can watch slickdeals.net and they often advertise these. I just signed up for my southwest card. I had to spend $2000 on it to get my bonus points, but I used the card to book my Disney vacation, then put the points toward the flights to Orlando. It worked out perfectly.
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
July 19, 2013, 12:57 p.m.
It's worth it. It's the only credit card we use. It has helped us get our kids home from college during breaks and for other trips.
Jenny M.
Jenny M.
May 23, 2013, 4:23 p.m.
The promotions are always seemingly flash (free miles/point or tickets! omg!) but I have yet to discover any airline credit card that doesn't have some ridiculous annual fee. It's probably not worth it for one free fare (that will probably have all types of limitations on it).
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
May 23, 2013, 12:48 p.m.
Totally worth it! I have had mine for less than two years and I have already got 2 round trip tickets for free and close to my third. Use it to pay all your monthly bills and pay it off and your points will add up quickly. Combined with their rapid rewards program it's easy to rack up points without spending an extraordinary amount of money. Plus there are no blackout dates or restrictions when you want to cash in points!
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
May 13, 2013, 12:51 a.m.
Totally! at the very least I get a RT flight for doing absolutely nothing different except paying for things with my CC ( then immediately pay off the bill.
Jackie B.
Jackie B.
May 6, 2013, 6:45 p.m.
Yes, you can also cancel at any time. I love mine and my husband also has one.
Ben B.
Ben B.
April 7, 2013, 6:11 p.m.
The Southwest card is great if you use your credit card for most all of your bills and expenses. The trick is to pay it off immediately, as is the same for any credit card. When you make your first purchase, you get a free flight. And then you get another free flight within six months or when you spend your first $500. That alone is worth it if you're asking me. Depending on the time of year, you can get more points for certain things... gas, groceries... the list goes on. The best way to use the card is on southwest flights, where you get two points per dollar spent, plus the frequent flier miles earned, plus any other promotion they're running. If you're looking for quick flights from points, the Southwest card seems to be the best so far.
Amelia F.
Amelia F.
March 25, 2013, 2:32 p.m.
It depends if you use your card a lot or not. I would definitely try to get it if you use your credit card a lot!
Amanda N.
Amanda N.
March 9, 2013, 8:10 a.m.
Most airline cards offer their best promotion for the first year --- if you have several expenses in the next year, go ahead with an airline card like southwest. After a year, you usually will have fees and a higher APR. But be wary if you get a card and then close it after a year, that may impact your credit score!

Join Now