by Southwest Airlines
Ask a Question
Kersandra R.
Kersandra R.
Louisville, KY

How often do most people earn free flights through southwest?
Megan B.
Megan B.
June 14, 2016, 1:09 p.m.
I just did, and I don't fly all that often. I just use a survey site called erewards, do a tooonnn of surveys, and apply the rewards I earn to Rapid Rewards points. I also am part of the Rapid Rewards dining so I connected my debit cards and get points every time I eat somewhere that is part of the program (and there are quite a few places)
Tanja L.
Tanja L.
May 23, 2014, 5:15 p.m.
I don't earn free flights, because i m not flying enough
Julie T.
Julie T.
Jan. 6, 2014, 11:34 p.m.
I have the Rapid Rewards credit card from Southwest through Chase. It has quite a few perks that help you add up free flights. For example, you get double points when you use the card to book travel through Southwest. There are also special promotions to certain destinations or rental car companies that will give you more points if you use the card. If you are responsible with credit cards, and Southwest is a preferred carrier for where you live, I would recommend looking into it as an option. I've had a very positive experience!
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
April 1, 2013, 2:33 p.m.
I fly several times a year and seem to always at least get one free. If you keep track of it and look for double rewards and such it's very easy to do!
Ellen M.
Ellen M.
March 12, 2013, 3:48 p.m.
Most people don't earn free flights that often because they are not flying enough, unless they are a frequent business traveler. You can maximize your earnings by buying when they are having sales and flying more, and keeping up with southwest updates in case they offer mileage bonuses.

Join Now