BY SOUTHWEST AIRLINES #1 in Airlines

Traveling with Southwest Airlines is even more convenient with our mobile app. So, whether you’re on the go traveling to that next big meeting or just on the couch daydreaming about a vacation, Southwest mobile gives you access to what you need. Features include: • Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations • View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page • Access your Mobile boarding pass • Book or cancel rental car reservations • Check flight status and setup text notifications • Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation • Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account • View travel and weather alerts • Access helpful airport information see more...

• Which do you think is the better value, buying Business Select tick...7 Answers
  • If you had a free ticket to anywhere- where would you be headed?!14 Answers
  • When is the best time to book with Southwest for the best deals?3 Answers
Southwest Airlines
  • "They're my favourite airline, from the great customer service agents and pilots, to the somewhat humorous flight attendants, as well as being seated based on your check-in time and the ability to have free check luggage, what is not to love. " in 189 reviews
  • "There has never been a time where I have even considered flying anyone else and if I have an issue their customer service is amazing and they help me out. " in 176 reviews
  • "I enjoy that I can still get 2 checked bags for free and that they still offer peanuts/pretzels along with beverage service!" in 123 reviews
  • "I have always found great fares online when booked in advance and with 2 free checked bags per person its a great deal Don't expect meals or in flight entertainment, but nothing your own ipad/book/phone couldn't fix." in 81 reviews
  • "Look for flights that aren't booked full if possible, and make sure you either buy Early Bird Check-in or check in online 24 hours in advance." in 48 reviews
Debby V.
Debby V.
Methuen, MA
I was forced to fly Southwest due to a last minute need to travel and np availability on other airlines. Who knew that you would need a PHD in "How to board an aircraft" in order to fly on Southwest? I have never witnessed such a convoluted boarding process in my entire life. It was pure chaos, and the female representative at the gate was rude and unhelpful. Once we FINALLY made it onto the plane we were unable to sit together due to them not allowing seat assignments at time of booking. We were already 10 minutes late for take-off. Then, a man and a young boy boarded at the very last minute. Since the boy was too young to sit alone, the attendants then went up and down the aisles asking people if they would switch seats so the Father and son could sit together. What chaos! We pulled back 23 minutes past the estimated take-off time. I hope to never have to be forced into taking this airline again. We also observed that if you ae not a frequent flyer on Southwest that you will be issued a boarding number that gets you in at the end of the line when all choice seats have been taken, The chances are quite slim that you will be able to sit with and converse with your traveling companions. YIKES, what a mess!!!
Mary H.
Mary H.
Augusta, GA
I just recently used this airline for the first time, and I do not think I will fly with anyone else. Southwest has been by far the nicest experience I have ever had flying. They seem to go above and beyond to ensure you have the best flight possible and the price is unbeatable. I love the fact that there are no "assigned seats." If the seat is open the.n it's yours. The only difference between "classes" was boarding priority. All the seats are the same. They are one of the only airlines left that not only give you 2 FREE checked bags, snacks are included still. There are only 2 things that people might have an issue with, but wasn't/isn't at all for me. 1-your flight departure and destination cities are limited. They have a fabulous number of cities they serve, just don't think you are going to get a flight out of a smaller airport. As of right now they do not use regional airports. 2-there are still some of their older fleet in service which means no wifi on some flights.
Alison G.
Alison G.
Sacramento, CA
Southwest Airlines was my first experience with an airline as an adult to get over my fear of flying. No lie. I was going from Sacramento to Las Vegas for my 26th birthday. What better way to get over my fear of heights/flying then a 1 hour flight. The experience I remembered was pretty seamless. The round trip ticket price I got at a pretty good deal. From the early check in to going to and from Vegas was a pretty smooth experience. I remembered being offered snacks and alcohol. I remember indulging in a glass of wine thinking I was fancy. Ha! The stewardess on both flights were kind and checked on me because they knew I was a big baby trying to get over my fear of flying. Sounds dumb, but, it meant everything to me at the time. If I remembered correctly, I was able to check in 2 carry on bags with me on my flight. I don't know if this has changed since then. If I didn't have such a good experience with Southwest, I probably would still have a debilitating fear of flying.
Ashley V.
Ashley V.
Houma
So far my experiences with Southwest Airlines have been great. The prices are low- as long as you book ahead of time- and the two free checked bags is a fantastic perk. Our flights were always on time- although that may have just been luck. In addition to drinks, they hand out complimentary snacks on the plane. Entertainment-wise I think you can download the app and watch things on your tablet/laptop. We have had short flights and didn't take advantage of this, although it seems pretty standard- I think United has something similar.
The one thing you need to do if you are flying is check in early! There is no assigned seating. On our last trip we forgot and did not get to sit next to each other, which wasn't a big deal but a little annoying. On the way back we checked in exactly 24 hours before the flight and were almost the first ones on the plane.
Overall, highly recommend and we will be looking to Southwest first for future trips!
Sadie S.
Sadie S.
Temple, TX
Southwest is my favorite airline and the only one I use flying domestic. Story time. Flying out of NY with an oncoming hurricane I flew out and missed my connecting flight because my first one was delayed no big deal they set me up on the next flight out and apologized profusely even though there wasn't anything they could have done. Same day and airport a friend flies out on American and misses her connecting flight and the airline acted as though she slept through it and were going to make her pay for another flight even though there was nothing anybody could have done to prevent this. Thank god she was in Dallas but her husband and 3 yr old drove 3 hours to get her and didnt make it home until 1 am then had to drive another hour to pick her luggage up in Austin. That's when I decided to only fly southwest plus they have wifi on almost all of their planes for us tech addicts and now offer Oreo packs!! Woot woot!
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Baltimore, MD
Southwest is not a flashy airline - the planes aren't overly comfortable, and the snacks are standard. That said, pretty much the same can be said of any domestic airline I have flown recently. We are well past the days of luxurious air travel (at least in terms o seat size and leg room) for the average joe, and to expect otherwise is not really fair.

That said, for the money I really like Southwest - their prices are consistenyl lower than their competitors, I find that the planes generally run on time, and the attendants and service people are always friendly and efficient. I also appreciate that you get one bag checked for free, and that your seat is based on your diligence about checking in for your flight - adds a little game element to air travel ;)

Again, nothing fancy, but it gets me where I need to go, on time, via friendly staff, so overall I am quite satisfied.
Farah S.
Farah S.
I used to love flying southwest because of the free bag and the free snacks.. They were so good at keeping the flying perks alive when all other airlines started cutting corners and adding fees. Lately however, southwest has been disappointing me. They don't have the best prices anymore and they still don't fly out of many airports. Although I still love that free checked bag, after I got it back from baggage claim it was torn, the framing was all broken and in a thousand pieces, and the wheel was bent such that it can't touch the ground. Lining up in the zones is a battle as well. If you're not in zone A you're out of luck and should be prepared to sit in the back of the plane or get a middle seat. It's not that big of a deal but if I'm paying the same as a united flight where I can get an assigned seat, it isn't as appealing.
Kearston W.
Kearston W.
I usually fly Delta or more recently American Airlines, but I gave Southwest a try when I saw they had better deals and nonstop flights to choose from to get me home. All of the Southwest staff were very friendly; from the check-in staff to the flight attendants. Everyone was extremely kind. The fact that they allow you to have 2 checked bags for free is an awesome deal as well! That is the greatest! Knowing that their entire fleet consists of Boeing 747 airplanes made me feel better too. (I have ridden a crop duster sized plane that only seats 12 and that is the scariest thing known to man.) On the flight, everyone was comfortable and there was ample amount of leg room compared to other planes. The pilot was also friendly and kept us update throughout the flight. Overall, I would definitely recommend them for your next trip.
Gabrielle B.
Gabrielle B.
I have a love/hate relationship with Southwest Airlines. I love it because prices are usually pretty affordable, they have a great points/rewards system, the flight attendants are usually very friendly and funny, and they allow you to take two suitcases on their flights without incurring additional costs. I am reluctant to use Southwest Airlines because they do not fly out of my airport-of-choice, the online check-in system and numbered boarding process is chaotic, finding a seat on the plane can be anxiety inducing if you have a high boarding number, and they do not list their flights on comparative websites like Expedia. When I need to travel with two suitcases, I bite the bullet and take Southwest, however, I normally avoid this airline because of the aforementioned drawbacks.
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK
I could just go on and on about Southwest. I almost always fly with them! I love the flexibility of purchasing a one-way ticket and then buying my return ticket whenever I feel like it! Transfers are also really easy and inexpensive when necessary, too. I also am forever indebted to their customer service - once I was stuck at LAX after having been robbed of most of my cash and some of my belongings. I had only $35 to pay the $38 transfer fee to leave right then, and a woman named Rosa who worked at the Southwest desk actually went to the back and grabbed the $3 I needed to finish paying. I was so grateful I burst into tears thanking her and then ran to my gate. I'm so grateful she was there to help me get home after a horrible trip. Love you, Southwest! ❤️
Jackie B.
Jackie B.
I have a love/hate relationship with Southwest's open seating process. How do others feel about it?
Rose M.
Rose M.
El Dorado Spg, MO
HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT NOW THAT THEY ARE KNOWN FOR FREE BAGS, THE COST FOR FLYS HAS INCREASED?
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Anyone else with children hate that we are boarded last? I find it irritating that I have to squeeze through with a car seat, a baby in one arm and my diaper bag hitting everyone on the way through the aisle. This isn't only a problem on southwest, but on every airline that I have flown with.
Tara F.
Tara F.
Wilmington, DE
How many people love Southwest?
Megan M.
Megan M.
Germantown, MD
Where is the best place you've flown on Southwest?