Traveling with Southwest Airlines is even more convenient with our mobile app. So, whether you’re on the go traveling to that next big meeting or just on the couch daydreaming about a vacation, Southwest mobile gives you access to what you need. Features include: • Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations • View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page • Access your Mobile boarding pass • Book or cancel rental car reservations • Check flight status and setup text notifications • Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation • Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account • View travel and weather alerts • Access helpful airport information

Viajarías en esta aerolínea??
Kind of an oddball question, but I'd love y'all's help. I have Dysautomia (mine is similar to POTS), and I'll be flying for the first time this fall. I have heard recommendations to have wheelchair assistance at any airports I land at, just in case the air pressure makes my symptoms act up. (Normally, I can walk just fine, but others with my chronic illness have been negatively affected.) My question is if any of y'all have ordered wheelchair assistance before, how easy it was, how you did it, what it was like--basically, your experience. Thank you in advance! 😊
What are some perks ?
Start your review of Southwest Airlines!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“They're my favourite airline, from the great customer service agents and pilots, to the somewhat humorous flight attendants, as well as being seated based on your check-in time and the ability to have free check luggage, what is not to love. ” in reviews
“There has never been a time where I have even considered flying anyone else and if I have an issue their customer service is amazing and they help me out. ” in reviews
“I enjoy that I can still get 2 checked bags for free and that they still offer peanuts/pretzels along with beverage service!” in reviews
“I have always found great fares online when booked in advance and with 2 free checked bags per person its a great deal Don't expect meals or in flight entertainment, but nothing your own ipad/book/phone couldn't fix.” in reviews
“...possible, and make sure you either buy Early Bird Check-in or check in online 24 hours in advance.” in reviews
Stewartsville
I am absolutely appalled at the customer service me and my girlfriend received at the Philadelphia airport. She had purchased a ticket for a flight on April 24th about a month or so in advance and it got canceled within a week of said flight. Okay, not the end of the world. The very next day she rescheduled for a flight on April 25th. This flight was then also cancelled. But then, it wasn’t. It was available for scheduling again on the website, so my girlfriend just rescheduled for the same flight again. It was odd, but the flight was available again, so we just went with business as usual. So we drove to the airport, an hour and a half drive, and when we get there she types in her confirmation number and it says the flight has been canceled. Now, the previous two cancellations came with a notification saying the flight had been canceled. My girlfriend checked for one the whole drive there and did not receive one. Needless to say after the drive, this was a frustrating revelation. We spoke with an attendant at the nearby counter and explained the situation, and she told us that the only thing she could do was book us a flight for the following morning at 7:00 AM. We’d need to be there at 6:00 AM which meant we’d have to leave at 4:00 AM. This was not convenient for us, and it meant we’d have to make another 3 hour round trip drive. So we found ourselves speaking with a different attendant regarding what happened and asked if we could be transferred to a flight with a different airline, something many other airlines do in these situations (my dad, a million mile flyer, can attest to this) only to be told this was impossible, despite there being an American Airlines flight in a few hours with lots of available seats. I explained my lack of confidence that the flight the next day would actually go out, and the attendant expressed that she also was not confident. As the conversation went on, things got heated, with a supervisor stepping in as the original attendant began yelling and accusing us of lying and saying that we known it’d been canceled before driving an hour and a half out to the airport, which makes no sense. The supervisor told me he refused to speak to me because I wasn’t the passenger, despite this nonsense affecting me too since I have to drive and house my girlfriend for the remainder of her time here. We were told that our options were to keep the flight for the following day (the one the attendant originally had no confidence in, but now in the presence of her supervisor couldn’t accurately say how likely it was that it’d go out) or to get a refund in the form of a voucher for another southwest flight. Neither was a satisfactory solution given that, as far as we could tell, this was an error on their end. I’m struggling to convey the rudeness, hostility, and apathy we were met with in this situation, but I can promise you it was genuinely upsetting, with my girlfriend choking back tears during the exchange before breaking down in the car afterwards as we drove home. I’m left expecting a similar experience for the following flight, and the whole experience has left us feeling as though we will never travel with Southwest again. This behavior was absolutely unacceptable, hurtful, unprofessional, and unaccommodating.
Jupiter
I used to be a fan of Southwest until this happened: To make a long story short on 12/23 my 2 adult sons who are Military Vets, and no I’m not seeking special treatment for them; were traveling with our 22lb, 13yr old Maltipoo dog on Christmas Day. I was told by the agent (and sounded as if she hated her job btw) whom I booked the flight with would be fine in a 24x24 carrier I had purchased. I specifically asked time and time again if there would be ANY issues because we had been trying several times and questioned several other airlines. Upon boarding the flight, after the original flight was delayed (original flight was 6:25am) new flight 2:30pm, and going through check in and security perfectly fine, they were told the dog was too big to travel because he could not turn around in the carrier. The flight was 1.5hrs to Baltimore.

He was 13yrs old at the time. It was not a 10hr flight. He had time to stretch his legs before the next short flight to West Palm Beach.   The boys graciously accepted their rejection, spoke with a supervisor. I was on the phone listening and was refused to have the right to speak with the supervisor I was told which I have never heard of before because it was AGAINST Southwest’s policy?

The Supervisor told my son that they would reimburse him for the cost of the dog as well as the flight for the inconvenience. My son however, as I mentioned did not get a name, or confirmation of this statement. Because you see, he still works on word of honor and a handshake. As things used to be.

Bottom line, both my sons and my dog were denied the right of visiting their mom on Christmas due to Southwest airlines. Yet, they allow pigs and peacocks to fly on airplanes because they have little 'notes' from 'doctor's saying they're 'emotional support' animals? Right. Our dog consequently passed of pancreatic cancer. Perhaps I would of been able to extend his life if SW had let him travel and be with me in FL. This haunts me to this day.    After my complaints were posted on what I thought was a private Southwest chat, I started receiving numerous nonstop harrassing, bullying comments on both my personal and Business Facebook page.

Not only that, they passed on my name to other ‘hate’ groups on the internet which I believe is a dangerous practice and a violation of privacy.

I wrote a letter to the CEO of SW regarding this and he never had the courtesy to acknowledge me. Something I believe every owner of a company should. I will never ever fly SW again as long as I live.

Colonia, NJ
I flew Southwest for the first time back in September and honestly, if I had known they flew out of my area’s airport sooner, I definitely would have went with them for most of my flights previously. The fare was very reasonable - I flew them round-trip to Chicago and the flight was $200 cheaper than my flight to Chicago with United. The seats were comfortable and the staff was friendly. My flights to and from also took off on time. I will say, the boarding procedure was a bit different at both airports. With there being no assigned seats, I paid extra to upgrade so I could get a seat I preferred and get priority overhead space for my carry-on. On the way home, we were lined up by number each time they called a number group, but they didn’t do that for my departure to Chicago, so my friend who didn’t pay to upgrade and was 20 numbers behind mine got to board before me. Unfortunately, Southwest pulled out of my area airport, so I most likely won’t be flying with them again, but I would definitely if they came back to Newark. What I find kinda bizarre is that Southwest doesn’t come up on Google Flights. I also never knew they flew out of our airport after years of flying and picking up family members from the airport because there was literally no information or advertisements for them in our airport, yet in Chicago there were signs everywhere for Southwest. Maybe if they had allocated a similar amount of advertising spend in our area - the Tri-State of all places, maybe they would have been more successful over here.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Always cheap prices! The easiest way to get to and from Austin from Los Angeles (LAX). For the price you pay there’s not really room to ask for a TV, better snacks that comes with an increased fare. On the other hand, I will not book any connecting flights with Southwest or coordinate them with Southwest. Things happen as with any company. I was flying from Philadelphia back to Austin. My flight was delayed two hours but there was still some time to make my connecting flight. The delay kept increasing & They didn’t ground the Southwest connecting flight, I think we were expected to land for our connecting flight 20 minutes after it was scheduled for departure but they didn’t ground it. There was a line of at least fifty people who didn’t have anywhere to go that night and no further outbound flights. The Southwest clerks handling the issue were enraged at whomever they were speaking to on the phones about why they wouldn’t ground the connecting plane & visibly distressed. I missed work on a “BlackOut” date at work & lost wages. I slept on the floor of the airport. The Philly airport doesn’t give out blankets or pillows until after a certain hour (I think the security said midnight) Then when the time came, they didn’t have any extra blankets or pillows. Southwest gave refund vouchers for our flights. Some were provided a hotel but they ran out of hotel vouchers. The low price is well worth it but if you ever have an emergency, have a deadline, give yourself ample return time or arrival time.
Pittsburgh
I had a very nice experience flying with Southwest Airlines. I’ll be honest. I wasn’t sure what to expect since Southwest is considered a low-cost carrier. I needed to get from Florida to Pittsburgh to attend an unexpected funeral with my two minor aged children. One under the age of two. The schedule for Southwest fit out needs and we were flying somewhat light. My parents would be meeting us at our destination with most of our luggage so I wouldn’t have to worry about it and flying with the children. This is my typical way of flying when I fly alone with my kids. My parents don’t fly. And I don’t take my kids on long car rides. The flight was extremely easy. Check in at Florida is always its own beast. The Orlando airport is crazy but that’s just Orlando and to be expected. And the Pittsburgh airport is almost always very calm and quiet. Southwest gave us priority seating and let us board first. I think we may have paid ahead for it and we have minors in the party and I’m handicapped but their staff was very helpful in getting all three of us settled before everyone else boarded. We had plenty of room. Staff gave us a lot of attention. My kindergartener is somewhat difficult while flying so the staff went over instruction with him one on one to keep his butt in his seat and quiet. It was a favor I asked and the staff happily obliged.
The Dalles, OR
Where do I even begin? I've flown Southwest on some of the hardest, most emotional errands I've ever had to make. One was flying with Marine veteran husband with PTSD, my 18 month old daughter, and two service dogs in training. Southwest was endlessly accommodating and kind. It ended up being so much easier than I had anticipated. The flight attendants checked on us many times but didn't hover, which would have caused the veteran stress. They entertained my daughter, and best of all they completely ignored the dogs which is what you want for service dogs. Some time later my then-husband and I had to return the animals because they were not the right fit for us. It was heartbreak. Southwest attendants were so kind and compassionate with us on the return flight! We ended up with the same flight crew on the way home the morning after we flew in to drop the dogs off. One of the flight attendants, bless her, poured me a stuff drink on the house at 6 am because I was such a mess. I've also flew Southwest with my boyfriend (the Marine is sadly an ex now) on our many trip to Las Vegas. The flight was equally easy and the crew still as warm and friendly as ever. Southwest isn't ever just another flight. It's always a good experience and I enjoy flying with them very much.
Chula Vista, CA
This is my go to airlines for domestic travel within the US. Their prices are fair. They fly into all of the airports I travel to often across the US. Flights up and down the entire west coast are so easy and affordable. When I lived in the east coast, same thing. I could always find a reasonable flight under short notice. Their concept of open seating is fair. I like to try and board with the first half of the B group. I will usually sit towards the back. the middle seats near the back will likely not get filled if you are lucky. This past year I haven’t been so lucky. It’s easy to rack up points just from traveling from one coast to another. No credit card with southwest required. However, I do think their card is worth it if you travel domestically a bit. The customer service for an airline is my favorite. The crews always make me laugh. They have a sense of humor and make the flight so much more enjoyable. Did I mention you have plenty of legroom? I have never appreciated legroom until I had an awful flight with another airline. Southwest lets you check in bags, have a carry on and a personal bag. With all of those, you still have more than enough legroom to travel comfortably for several hours from the pacific to the Atlantic. Southwest has my vote.
Hacienda Heights, CA
I think Southwest is great. Most people fly this airline because it allows two free-check in bags, which is a HUGE plus and money saver. The downside? Seats are first come first serve basis, based on boarding class and number. I checked in exactly 24 hrs before and I got boarding group B. However, once we got to boarding, finding a desirable seat was not too difficult to do (If you are in boarding group C, it might be a different story). The flight was decent. The seats were a bit small and narrow in width, so if you are in a window and need to use the restroom, you gotta be jumping over legs or your neighbors have to get out of their seats. The service was okay. Those that welcomed us in were very friendly but those that provided us snacks and drinks were a little less friendly. Though they were not rude or condescending. They were just pretty blunt. They gave us drinks of our choice and a snack (My trip we had Belvita biscuits). Once we landed, they instantly got us out of the plane, and we had to wait for baggage to come out. Overall, smooth boarding and exiting process, staff could be a little more friendly, and baggage took a decent amount of time to get out (but did not take too long). Not much to complain about and overall good flight!
Woburn, MA
Southwest is a great airline for the traveler on a budget who doesn't mind sacrificing unnecessary frills in exchange for low fares. The first thing to mention is that Southwest has no assigned seating. You are free to select any open seat upon boarding the plane. If you check in early enough, or spring for the Early Bird add on, you should get a seat you want even on a full flight. The second thing worth mentioning is Southwest flights do not have an entertainment center built into the seat. In 2020, most people have their own personal devices for entertainment. Southwest allows you to log into their free television service via your own device. The trade off for the mentioned inconveniences is 2 free checked bags (even ski and golf bags), free snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, low fares, and great staff. Southwest's flight crews are always wonderful and often very funny over the speaker announcements. My one hope for improvement would be flights to Chicago's O'Hare International. I travel to Chicago often and wish I didn't have to fly into Midway. It isn't the nicest airport although they are making improvements and is a bit out of the way for those visiting North of Chicago. I would certainly recommend Southwest Airlines.
Southwest is my airline of choice for efficiency and I use them in 90% of my travel bookings. I only book elsewhere when they don’t fly where I need to go or don’t have a direct option or a good time for my schedule. They’re 100% the most efficient with timeliness and I love that I can rebook without fees, don’t pay to check bags, and that I can get to most places I need to with them. I do wish they had better perks for A List members like other airlines do, but I understand why they don’t (just sometimes it would be nice to be treated to a fancy seat in first class!). No, they’re not fancy and the experience is very much about basic efficiency and nothing is going to make it seem high end. And, yes, sometimes dealing with the seating being a free for all can be a big pain, but I’m lucky I’m A List and generally get on the plane in the A group. Before being A List, I found it worth it to shell out the extra $ to get Early Bird check in. Only minor complaints are that sometimes planes aren’t the cleanest, wifi is often down, the app to watch content in flight has problems on my iPad, and that they’re often overbooked and crowded. However, I’ll take that over the risk of delays and missed flights with airlines!

123 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...