Top Questions See all 87 Q&A
- "They're my favourite airline, from the great customer service agents and pilots, to the somewhat humorous flight attendants, as well as being seated based on your check-in time and the ability to have free check luggage, what is not to love. " in 189 reviews
- "There has never been a time where I have even considered flying anyone else and if I have an issue their customer service is amazing and they help me out. " in 176 reviews
- "I enjoy that I can still get 2 checked bags for free and that they still offer peanuts/pretzels along with beverage service!" in 123 reviews
- "I have always found great fares online when booked in advance and with 2 free checked bags per person its a great deal Don't expect meals or in flight entertainment, but nothing your own ipad/book/phone couldn't fix." in 81 reviews
- "Look for flights that aren't booked full if possible, and make sure you either buy Early Bird Check-in or check in online 24 hours in advance." in 48 reviews
And guess what, you also get to bring not ONE but TWO bags to check in for FREE! In this day and age of being charged for everything, not having to worry about paying for my luggage is such a great bonus. It means we have more money to spend on our trips. The planes are great, you get free sodas and coffee as well as snacks and can get wifi for extra if you’d like.
The one downfall is not being able to select your seat but we always pay the extra money for early bird checkin so we’re towards the front of the line to board and select our seats. Southwest always seems to be on time too and I’ve yet to have a delay with them. Unless we’re going somewhere Southwest doesn’t fly to, I wouldn’t dream of flying on another airline.
They often have specials for cheap flights and they have a “Wanna Get Away” price that is just as good as the more expensive options they offer. The difference I think is just that you choose your seat after those who have paid for priority seating. Seating is all first come first served on the plane though so checking in asap is a must if you want to sit anywhere specific.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos