BY SOUTHPEAK GAMES

The island of banoi is a lush, tropical paradise in the south pacific where its flagship royal palms resort serves as the ultimate getaway for vacationers with money to burn. However, all good things must soon come to an end - and the picturesque resort falls into madness, carnage and chaos after a mysterious and contagious zombie outbreak claims its once peaceful atmosphere. Cut off from the rest of the world, only four individuals who strangely find themselves immune to zombification have the power to protect the remaining survivors from the horror of the island, to discover what's really going on and find a way to escape before... see more...

• Is this anything comparable to like the game walking dead1 Answers
Kayla E.
Cohasset, MN
Gamer Expert Level 1
Weeellllllllll..... I had high hopes for this game. While the story is interesting to follow, the zombies were poorly done, making them annoying to kill rather than fun. While there is a large range of weapons to find and craft, the amount of imtime finding parts and items was kind of discouraging. As the game went on, you could also see a slight decline in the graphics. Overall, it's fun to checkout for awhile but almost a pain to finally finish
Jennifer P.
As if the main storyline isn't enticing enough, there are so many side missions that we'll be playing through a second time to finish them all! It only took a few nights of playing, although not because it's a short game. We love to play survival horror games and share a love for zombies, so this kept our interest enough for us to beat it after a couple nights of playing when the kids are in bed. We're almost done (87%) with Riptide, then we'll be replaying this one! Love the options to modify any weapon you pick up, and the depth of the story line esp. Absolutely love this game. 10/10 recommend!
Vanessa S.
Lewis Mcchord, WA
Get ready to immerse yourself in a world of surviving the undead. In this game you are able to play as one of 4 characters (a 5th if you have the DLC) that each specialize in a certain type of weapon (blunts, guns, sharps, ect) This game has hours upon hours of game play which you can do alone or join others if you play through live. They have numerous weapon choices and side quests to do. Each character will also have a skill tress you can put points in to customize them similar to how the skill tress are in the Boarderland games. The only downside to this game is that you are only able to have one person play per console. My husband and I are still able to play together however since we each have a 360. Over all this is a great game at a great value and Dead Island 2 will be coming out in December 2017
Dena T.
Lilburn, GA
This game is hilarious. I love zombie games a hell of a lot and this gave me stuff I wanted. You can pick different character types at the beginning and just the comedy of watching undead bikini babes running after you is enough of a reason to play. Once I got to the end though, I don't have much desire to go back and play through it again, unless I'm playing a totally different character type...although it can become repetitive.
Cassie B.
Manor, TX
Great game. I loved it. If you love running around and killing zombies tgis is the game for you. With your choice of 4 characters in the main story each with there own special ability. Battle through heards of zombies to try and uncover the truth about what happened on the island and more.
Alexandra B.
I love this game! Anything zombie related I have on my game shelf. This game gives a unique twist on the survival of the zombie apocalypse and the fact that it's open world makes it twice as fantastic. Anyone who's a fan of survival games or just zombies should check this game out
Caitlin K.
Battle Creek, MI
Gamer Expert Level 3
This game is really cool. It can sometimes be challenging but it is a really fun game that is very engaging. You're basically stuck on this island with zombies, trying to survive! You go to different locations to find different items and go on different missions.
Lauren K.
The Dalles, OR
While the storyline to this game wasn't super original, it was a lot of fun to play on co-op with my husband. This game has an array of characters to choose to play and they all have different strengths and weaknesses. It's a fun game to play with others, but I don't know if it would be as interesting alone.
Lauren R.
Clewiston, FL
I just bought Dead Island from GameStop in part of a 4 for $20 deal and I am so glad I did! The game is a lot of fun and it'll keep you busy for a while! It's got a pretty good storyline so far, but I'm excited to play it more and see how it all plays out.
Leah F.
Mattoon, IL
Alot of fun! I love that you can customize weapons and find different objects to help make bombs and molotovs. Huge game with a lot of free roam. Some of the missions were scary!
SALLY M.
Is this anything comparable to like the game walking dead