South African Airways uploaded by Victoria O.South African Airways uploaded by Victoria O.

BY SOUTH AFRICAN

South African Airways
  • "It's a long flight and it can be pretty miserable but the planes are equipped with seat back individual tv screens with a really nice selection of movies." in 5 reviews
Lesley N.
Fort Thomas, KY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I flew SAA last year from Washington Dulles. The price I got on the ticket was excellent. Leg room was decent, food normal airline food and the service from the flight attendants was great. A great airline that I will fly again and recommend.
Erica F.
Bethpage, NY
I flew direct from JFK to Johannesburg and back. It's a long flight but not as bad as I anticipated. Each seat had its own TV with a good selection of movies to keep you busy. They also help you fend off jetlag by shutting off the lights and faking your body into thinking it's nighttime. Plus they give lots of food and free wine.
Yael P.
Boston, MA
Took a flight with South African Airways from Buenos Aires to Johannesburg and the quality of in-flight service and comfort made that 15-hour flight bearable, even enjoyable. It was clean. Bags arrived in time. and customer service was great.
Stephsnie G.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I went to S. Africa last October and flew S. African Airways. The plane was nice and so was the Stewardess that were working that flight. I got lucky and had an entire row to myself on the way their which makes a long flight like that doable. If I was to ever go back to S. Africa I would fly SA Airways again.
Katie L.
Hialeah, FL
I traveled to southern Africa multiple times in the past two years for my job and have to say while the service and the staff was always great, I've always had really bad experiences with other passengers. Mainly because they get really drunk. I have experienced severely inebriated passengers only on British and South African Airlines so far. I felt like the crew should have said "no" to those guests, which they didn't.
Emma L.
Cape Eliz, ME
I flew from Boston, Massachusetts to Cape Town, South Africa in the summer of 2011. I was incredibly impressed with the food (and wine!), entertainment, and staff. I never imagined such a long trip could be so enjoyable!

I also really love the social media presence that SAA maintains. They share great information and do a fantastic job of interacting with their fans/followers. To me, this is a great added value.
Pamela S.
Clifton, NJ
It's the best airline flying to South Africa from US because it's the most direct. It's a long flight and it can be pretty miserable but the planes are equipped with seat back individual TV screens with a really nice selection of movies. That definitely made the flight go faster. The food was edible.
Brittany B.
Fairview, TN
Flight was clean and comfortable, the attendants are all so kind and helpful. Lots of food and drinks throughout, great free in-flight entertainment and also little amenities like a tiny toothbrush/toothpaste, eye mask, etc. these little details make a long flight so much more bearable!
Justin C.
Flight SA 40 / 41 (JNB-VIC/VIC-JNB), SA 337 (JNB-CPT), SA 420 (PZE-JNB): overall not very satisfied - complicated reservation (system problems, long waits at phone etc.), long waiting at check in, no preferred treatment as Star Alliance frequent flyer, most of the check in staff is unfriendly, some even rude. Lounges are all low quality level and also here very unfriendly staff, the food at the lounges is below average. On board the staff was mostly OK. Food on all flights was not good. Seat comfort on most flights not very good except SA 337 where they use the long haul aircraft so you have much leg room. Overall an airline which I cannot recommend - unfortunately there is not much alternative within the region.
Larissa S.
Milwaukee, WI
Great on flight service. you also have your own in flight entertainment on each seat. the long flight from the US to SA offers dinner and breakfast and snaks as well as plenty of refreshments. If you drink (they are free in flight) try the great South African Wine.
Courtney J.
Mayfield, KY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Do you get snacks on this plane?
Ruzica R.
How is this airlines?
starr s.
Akron, OH
How do they charge you for your luggage and how may carry on bags are you allowed to take on the plain with you
Taylor P.
Painesville, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Do these do to Uganda?
naomi f.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
So this is an airline? Ive never flew on a plane so I don't know much about this product. I sew good reviews though.