South African Airways uploaded by Victoria O.South African Airways uploaded by Victoria O.

BY SOUTH AFRICAN

South African Airways
  • "It's a long flight and it can be pretty miserable but the planes are equipped with seat back individual tv screens with a really nice selection of movies." in 5 reviews
Lauren L.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Seriously the best airline I have ever been on. The staff are beyond friendly and accommodating. The flights have always been nice and comfortable, which is super important, especially on an 18-hour trans-Atlantic flight. The meals served on board were some of the best I have ever had on a flight and was super impressed that they gave you real silverware to eat with! An even bigger plus is the variety of in-flight entertainment available. If you're headed to S. Africa this is the airline to fly!
Becky H.
Ann Arbor, MI
Flew with SAA four times last year - JFK to Johannesburg and reverse, Johannesburg to Lilongwe (Malawi) and reverse. BEST plane food I've ever had, they even fed us on the 2-hour Johannesburg-Lilongwe flight, and they come around with drinks and snacks frequently. Also, the plane was less than half full, so my friends and I were able to move around freely and I ended up with a window seat and the aisle seat next to it to curl up. I'd definitely recommend SAA!
Ashley N.
When I've flown them, they've been friendly (with only one exception that I can think of), professional and on time. I never eat on planes of I can help it, but with 19 hour flights I didn't really have a choice. The food (for what it is) is actually pretty decent. I will definitely continue to fly with them.
Emily A.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have never been more impressed with an airline than I have been with South African Air. I have traveled to Africa over 10 times in the past 8 years and I try to South African Air as often as I can. The staff are so hospitable and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable on those long flights. The food they serve is some of the best airline food I have ever tasted and they feed you so often that you never even have a chance to get hungry during your time in flight. It is always such a pleasure to fly on South African Air!
Maggie Jo H.
Fayetteville, AR
The BEST plane food I've ever had has been on SAA. The rows are huge, the flights never completely full (so you have plenty of room) and the customer service nice. Of course it's not fun having the plane sprayed but if that's the worst part, it's pretty good. Fly SAA!
Maegan C.
Little Rock, AR
I had to travel South African Airaways last fall and it was a nice experience. The airplanes were nice and when we had a flight delay they were quick to reschedule us so we could make the next flight. The attendants were also friendly and helpful to our needs.
Susan G.
Broomfield, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I had good experiences when flying SAA within South Africa. The planes were comfortable and the flight attendants were very professional and helpful. I would recommend them on shorter flights, as I have no knowledge of them on transatlantic flights.
Jill T.
San Antonio , TX
I flew this airline from DC to South Africa to Namibia back to South Africa then to the DC. Airline was great on keeping us fed and hydrated as one leg was 18 hours alone. During the 18 hour flight we stopped about halfway to refuel and add/loose some passengers, the staff was very nice during this transition as they checked seats and sanitized the aircraft.
Lesley N.
Fort Thomas, KY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I flew SAA last year from Washington Dulles. The price I got on the ticket was excellent. Leg room was decent, food normal airline food and the service from the flight attendants was great. A great airline that I will fly again and recommend.
Erica F.
Bethpage, NY
I flew direct from JFK to Johannesburg and back. It's a long flight but not as bad as I anticipated. Each seat had its own TV with a good selection of movies to keep you busy. They also help you fend off jetlag by shutting off the lights and faking your body into thinking it's nighttime. Plus they give lots of food and free wine.
Courtney J.
Mayfield, KY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Do you get snacks on this plane?
Ruzica R.
How is this airlines?
starr s.
Akron, OH
How do they charge you for your luggage and how may carry on bags are you allowed to take on the plain with you
Taylor P.
Painesville , OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Do these do to Uganda?
naomi f.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
So this is an airline? Ive never flew on a plane so I don't know much about this product. I sew good reviews though.