South African Airways uploaded by Na G.South African Airways uploaded by Victoria O.South African Airways uploaded by Victoria O.

BY SOUTH AFRICAN

South African Airways
  • "It's a long flight and it can be pretty miserable but the planes are equipped with seat back individual tv screens with a really nice selection of movies." in 5 reviews
Carrie s.
Duluth, GA
I flew with South African Airways in 2011 from South Africa--> Zimbabwe and from ZImbabwe---> South Africa. While the flights were on time and the flight attendants were friendly, I was not happy that my luggage was lost on my return flight. When I returned to the US, I spent nearly two weeks of speaking with various agents for South African Airways all who assured me that my luggage couldn't be found, they didn't have anyone who had time to search for it, it had already been delivered to me etc.

Luckily, Delta found my luggage in South Africa and paid for it to be returned to the US (directly to my house!). While it wasn't their responsibility, I will be forever grateful for Delta.

I will definitely have to think seriously before I ever fly with South African Airways again!
Enie B.
Dallas, TX
I don't know but my first experience was not NICE at all I somewhat encounted a very rude hostess, she was more grumpy then me who had been flight for 2 days nonstop and was jet lagged. SAA is like the only biggest flight service in Southern Africa so really ūüėŹno much choice and am wishing they could iron out all the little things knowing the fact they rule or is it because they rule no wonder they don't care! ūüôÉ
Staci C.
San Diego , Ca
The first impression of South African Airways was good, but after a while I didn't feel comfortable. Bathroom wasn't clean and the flush wasn't working well, sink was obstructed. Food was okay, the chicken was spicy, meat had better taste. Vegetarian meal was offered. My seat and my daughter's seat IFE screen didn't function after they rebooted the system. They had to reboot twice and still didn't work. The flight attendant could not do anything about it. They gave me the option to change place but since I was with two young kids there were not enough seats available.
Lauren L.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Seriously the best airline I have ever been on. The staff are beyond friendly and accommodating. The flights have always been nice and comfortable, which is super important, especially on an 18-hour trans-Atlantic flight. The meals served on board were some of the best I have ever had on a flight and was super impressed that they gave you real silverware to eat with! An even bigger plus is the variety of in-flight entertainment available. If you're headed to S. Africa this is the airline to fly!
Becky H.
Ann Arbor, MI
Flew with SAA four times last year - JFK to Johannesburg and reverse, Johannesburg to Lilongwe (Malawi) and reverse. BEST plane food I've ever had, they even fed us on the 2-hour Johannesburg-Lilongwe flight, and they come around with drinks and snacks frequently. Also, the plane was less than half full, so my friends and I were able to move around freely and I ended up with a window seat and the aisle seat next to it to curl up. I'd definitely recommend SAA!
Ashley N.
When I've flown them, they've been friendly (with only one exception that I can think of), professional and on time. I never eat on planes of I can help it, but with 19 hour flights I didn't really have a choice. The food (for what it is) is actually pretty decent. I will definitely continue to fly with them.
Emily A.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have never been more impressed with an airline than I have been with South African Air. I have traveled to Africa over 10 times in the past 8 years and I try to South African Air as often as I can. The staff are so hospitable and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable on those long flights. The food they serve is some of the best airline food I have ever tasted and they feed you so often that you never even have a chance to get hungry during your time in flight. It is always such a pleasure to fly on South African Air!
Maggie Jo H.
Fayetteville, AR
The BEST plane food I've ever had has been on SAA. The rows are huge, the flights never completely full (so you have plenty of room) and the customer service nice. Of course it's not fun having the plane sprayed but if that's the worst part, it's pretty good. Fly SAA!
maegan c.
Little Rock, AR
I had to travel South African Airaways last fall and it was a nice experience. The airplanes were nice and when we had a flight delay they were quick to reschedule us so we could make the next flight. The attendants were also friendly and helpful to our needs.
Susan G.
Broomfield, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I had good experiences when flying SAA within South Africa. The planes were comfortable and the flight attendants were very professional and helpful. I would recommend them on shorter flights, as I have no knowledge of them on transatlantic flights.
Courtney J.
Mayfield, KY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Do you get snacks on this plane?
Ruzica R.
How is this airlines?
Taylor P.
Painesville, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Do these do to Uganda?
starr s.
Akron, OH
How do they charge you for your luggage and how may carry on bags are you allowed to take on the plain with you
naomi f.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
So this is an airline? Ive never flew on a plane so I don't know much about this product. I sew good reviews though.