BY SIMON & SCHUSTER

With refreshing candor, Sounds Like Me reveals Sara Bareilles, the artist-and the woman-on songwriting, soul searching, and what's discovered along the way. Sara Bareilles shares the joys and the struggles that come with creating great work, all while staying true to yourself. Imbued with humor and marked by Sara's confessional writing style, this collection tells the inside story behind some of her most popular songs. Most recently known for her chart-topper "Brave," Sara first broke through in 2007 with her multi-platinum single "Love Song." She has released five albums that have sold 2.5 million copies and spawned several hits. More than a privileged view inside the experience of a remarkable musical talent-this is a moving tribute to the universal search for growth, healing, and self-acceptance. see more...

• I love Sara Bareilles, but have not had the chance to gra...1 Answers
Buy on Target
Samantha J.
New Bedford, MA
I loved this book, I was interested because I love Sara's music so much. If it weren't for how well written and visual her music was i probably wouldn't have picked up the book. This book isn't just about her musical process but a lot about what she has been through, there was a lot that I took from this book and I am so glad for that. There is a chapter in which she has written a series of letters to her past self and to who she is now; reading those letters was like a form of therapy for me.
While reading this book I laughed and cried and ached for and with Sara. She made me feel, just as her music has. If you get a chance, you should definitely pick this one up.
Dana P.
East Elmhurst, Ny
I am a huge fan of Sara. I love this book so much because it's like she's having a conversation with you (the reader). The book is funny as well as uplifting and the pictures and scans of her song lyrics are awesome!
Stephanie K.
wayland
Great read, not to long of a book. I love her music so I wanted to read her book and I'm glad I did. There is something for everyone in this book. Love her humor and the way the book is set up.
Angela M.
Favorite artist of all time. I relate to her music and can actually understand what she's saying. She's witty and down to earth. Love love love her. 1000/10
Tiffany B.
I really enjoyed this book. Sara Bareilles is quite candid, and I'm certain I laughed out loud multiple times. It was interesting to learn how she came to be known and it's a good reminder of how hard work really does pay off (cheesy, I know, but true!).
xTina R.
I love Sara Bareilles, but have not had the chance to grab a copy yet. Did you enjoy this book and why or why not?