BY DERMALOGICA #44 in Facial Moisturizers

Revitalizing treatment gel-cream transforms skin overnight by optimizing nighttime skin recovery. Tamarind Seed Extract creates a nourishing cocoon of comfort for softer, more hydrated skin while encapsulated, motion-activated French Lavender Essential Oil (with Sandalwood and Patchouli) work all night to promote deep, restful sleep for healthier-looking skin by morning. Other key ingredients include Persian Silk Tree Extract which reduces signs of skin fatigue and restores vitality while Wu-Zhu-Yu Extract provides visibly radiant skin by the a.m.

Sound Sleep Cocoon
  • "Received in a beauty box as a sample. It's nice and moisturizing. You leave on overnight and it has essential oils which help relax you in addition to helping your skin. It is pricey but I think it really helps my skin so I'll eventually repurchase." in 13 reviews
  • "I’ve been using this for a few nights and I love it. It boosts hydration which is very needed with my dry skin but it doesn’t feel heavy. When I woke up in the morning my skin looked so glowy and even. I can’t wait to see the long term benefits of this." in 8 reviews
Sarah L.
Glendale, AZ
I love the smell of patchouli and find it extremely relaxing so the scent of this moisturizer was right up my alley. Sometimes scented products can be irritating but this did not cause any reactions from my skin. I also really liked the gel consistency - it doesn’t leave your face feeling greasy and soaks in fast. Provides light moisturization. I like the pump container instead of a tub, but the pump doesn’t always release a consistent amount of product. Overall this was a soothing night time moisturizer due to the scent but I didn’t see any outstanding skin results. I will continue to use it in my night time routine for the aromatherapy aspect. I received this complimentary from Influenster for my honest review.
Maria N.
I received this product via Dermalogica*

At first I was a little skeptical. Normally I stay away from skin products and stick to what I know- after years of bad experiences with most beauty products. This was my firs "free" product.

Design: I love the modern and easy pump dispenser! This locks with a twist and no cap is needed.

Product: the product behaves like mousse but has a whipped gel consistency. As soon as you put it on, it soothes the skin immediately. This did not burn by dry patches. I applied this over coconut oil, and it did not make my face feel greasy. It instantly gave my face a soothing feeling. The lavender immediately helped my face feel refreshed for about 30 minute- making it easier to transition into falling asleep. (I'm an insomniac)

Results: I've been wearing this for about a week and a half. The first morning, I saw that the raw dry skin on my face, was soothed instead of aggravated. There was less dead skin and peeling. (See photo) I even got my DO to try it! He loved how relax he felt after💆🏻‍♂️

If you have the money, give it a go! It definitely does everything it claims! Especially for irritated skin. If you're on a budget this might be a 4 star for you.

👍
Kaela D.
I love overnight/sleeping masks but I really wasn't seeing a ton of improvement the next morning. That is NOT the case with the sound sleep cocoon. I have seen visible results from the first night I used it, and they keep getting better every morning! Not only is the formula SO soft and feels great on (not heavy or sticky), but it actually does transform my skin overnight. I notice an overall radiance, a more even complexion, and my skin is somehow less oily than usual (my skin type is combination). I look forward to using it every night, and I haven't been able to say that about a product in a long time!
*I received this product free for testing purposes but all opinions are my own.
Kelli D.
West Columbia, SC
I received this product complimentary from Influenster and I have enjoyed it so much. The smell is very refreshing, and calming because of the essential oils.

This makes my skins so smooth and alive each morning, I have really noticed a difference. I was scared of potential breakouts at first but I’ve have no such issues!

I love the packaging and the bottle. It’s neat, fun, and different....which for someone like me, that’s very appealing!

I think for something of this purpose it is a little bit over priced at $80, and I doubt I could ever afford that, but if you can, this is worth it!

This goes on smoothly and it’s super light and most importantly...it doesn’t leave your skin feeling or looking greasy!
Daphnie D.
Boston, MA
First let me say I was a little skeptical because not all face things are for all faces. This however did great with my weird oily, sometimes dry skin. I was lucky enough to receive it free from Influenster to try it out. Let me tell you about the great night sleep I had. I woke up and my face felt amazing!!! Definitely will be buying to have on hand always Sound Sleep Cocoon
Sarah S.
Conroe, TX
Dermalogica has the most
impressive line of skincare products. Thanks to my Influenster VoxBox I got to try Sound Sleep Cocoon for free and I LOVE it! The lavender scent creates a spa like experience and is very calming.  What I liked most about this product is that it goes on smooth and is not greasy AT ALL.   After wearing it for the entire night (8 hours) my skin was soft to the touch and looked "glowy".  I have already almost used all of this product and I have noticed that the dark circles under my eyes are a lot less noticeable.  I will be purchasing this product again!
Sound Sleep CocoonInfluenster
Kristel H.
San Jose, CA
I’ve been using dermalogica sound sleep cocoon for about two weeks now, and here’s my opinion: First, I really did not like the strong lavender scent, its too overpowering. Second, the cream does feel good on the skin but I haven’t noticed any visible difference in my skin. Third, the second ingredient in this cream is dimethicone which is a type of silcone. So it might have a good effect immediately on your skin, but for the long term it’s doing more harm than good and clogging your pores. So to sum it up; for the price I don’t think it’s worth it and I do nog recommend.
P.s: I received this from Influenster for free for testing purposes.
Alice M.
Vancouver, WA
I personally love this night time moisturizer though I don't think it's for everyone. The only reason for that is due to price point and the strong lavender essential oil scent. For me, neither of those things I mind because I find the moisturizer well worth the price and grew up in a household full of essential oils. It's a very luxurious and velvety feel, which I slathered from face to décolleté. It soaks in fairly quickly and you keep and feel it plumping and moisturizing.
Supposed to wake up in the morning with a radiant glow, so I can't wait to see how that appears. Will definitely recommend just for the immediate feel.
Jenna T.
I love trying new skincare, so I HAD to buy this when I saw it!  So far I really like it.  I go to sleep with it on and wake up moisturized, smooth, and glowing.  Love the packaging!  I'm all about the details, so I'd be lying if I said that didn't have some impact on my decision, LOL.  The reason I took off a star is because of the pump.  It's really cool that you twist it to lock it so you don't accidentally spill product, but I hate not being able to see what's in there!  Because it's a pump, I feel like there will be product left over that I can't get to.  For $80, I want to use every last drop!
Devin C.
Brooklyn, NY
I love this moisturizer! The packaging is so sleek, it looks great on my shelf. I like to apply this is my last step of my nightly skincare routine. The lavender essential oils smell so wonderful and definitely help me feel more relaxed before bed. One full pump is enough to cover my whole face with a thin layer. I love that this fully absorbs into my skin and doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy or sticky. When I wake up in the morning my face feels so hydrated. Love it!
Kianna L.
I need to know if it helps with dry skin? I seen this a lot but I wanna know for sure if it works because it’s really expensive. I never could find ah sample of it but I would love to know if it works for women of COLOR!!
Tamara F.
Is this ok for sensitive, oily, acne prone skin? Would love a night moisturizer.
Brandi R.
Savannah, GA
Does anyone know about the safety of this product during pregnancy?