BY SOUL CALIBUR 5

Soul Calibur 5
  • "Soul Calibur 5 had great (but almost overwhelming) character customization options, dreadful story mode often left me frustrated, lost my favorite character Seong Mi-na (as well as others) and overall a let down." in 4 reviews
  • "Its a great way to waste a few hours and get a pizza and just hang out." in 1 review
Olivia S.
Pittsburgh, PA
love the Soul series, and was excited for Soul Calibur 5. I was a little bummed that the story mode for this game was only about 2 characters (both I find just as annoying and weak as their mother).. I was also disappointed that my all time favorite character from the series (Talim) wasn't in this and there was explanation of why she was gone. I'd like to have gotten some mentions from other characters or hints as to what happened to other Soul characters like Talim and Amy. Veteran characters such as Xiangua, Yun Seong, Min A, Cassandra, Sophitia, and Taki were mentioned as being too old and "retired" for this game since it's like more than a decade after the events in SC4. Anyway, the graphics are really good and the character creation is really entertaining
Fallon D.
gravel switch, ky
The graphics are nice, crisp and vibrant. The story mode was disappointing and could have been much better. The other modes are pretty fun to play through.The character customization is one of my favorite aspects.
Kassi S.
Marianna, FL
Soul Calibur 5 has a decent storyline. It connects characters from past Soul Calibur games, with the backgrounds of the newer characters in 5. It has a very detailed character customization, if you choose to make your own. The online play is decent. I recommend purchasing used or if it's on sale.
Rebekah S.
Beale Afb, CA
If you like fighting games, this is great! I personally like the xbox game better as the buttons on ps3 are harder when it comes to making combo attacks.
Melissa Y.
Gowanda, NY
Good concept, great series - not as good of a storyline as I expected. This is my favorite series, but I really thought that it was going to be better than it ended up being.
Maddison P.
Landover, MD
I love playing this game with my boyfriend. Its a great way to waste a few hours and get a pizza and just hang out. I love this game. Good characters, decent graphics.
Katie R.
Bethlehem, PA
The story mode is seriously lacking. Graphics were good but really the whole story mode seemed to be thrown in as an afterthought and that was seriously frustrating.
Kiera M.
Hazel Park, MI
The game over all was good. The create mode was awesome and they bought out tons of DLC. However, story was sucky and a lot of really good and loved characters didn't made the cut. Not even as DLC.
Jamie L.
Pearland, TX
It's a good continuation of the game series, but it has fewer game modes than previous generations, and a radically changed roster. So many of the old favorite characters are removed or changed.