BY SONY

Photographer: Aaron Warkov. Nickelodeon's Victorious may have been designed as the children's network's answer to Disney Channel series and TV movies like Hannah Montana and High School Musical, but its setting in a performing arts high school sounds more like the movie, TV series, and stage musical Fame. In any case, star Victoria Justice is fitted into standard-issue teen pop on much of this soundtrack album. Tracks like "Make It Shine (Victorious Theme)" (repeated in a different version under the title "Leave It All to Shine" by Justice and Miranda Cosgrove at the end) and "Freak the Freak Out" are typical of the genre, with their relentless beats, synthesized instrumentations, nonstop simple, repetitive choruses, and Auto-Tune vocals. "All I Want Is Everything," with its name-drops to Madonna and "M.J." (Michael Jackson), gives away the antecedents, while "Give It Up" sounds like a Britney Spears reject. The remake of the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" demonstrates that bubblegum pop hasn't changed much in 40 years. The lyrical themes tend toward light romance, happy and sad, and assertions of self-worth like "Song 2 You," which suggests that it's possible to be content, even without designer clothes. Of course, what really matters is what Justice and her earnest fellow cast members look like, not what they sound like, especially given the cookie-cutter nature of this music. ~ William Ruhlmann see more...

Buy on Walmart
  • "It's a very good show and I refer you watching it" in 2 reviews
  • "Had every song I wanted on there, good quality and sound, could hear every word" in 2 reviews
  • "They always sing along and now that they have the CD they can listen to there favorite songs anywhere. " in 1 review
Joanna R.
Oxnard , Ca
My kids love this show and they even have me watching it and I must say I like it myself lol. It's a great show for kids, it would be awesome for kids who are into music or want to be a musician. My daughter plays the songs every chance she gets. The cd is great
Genesis A.
Katy, TX
Amazing!!!!
Love all the songs, they are very catchy and in no time you will be walking around the house singing along.I recomended it 100%.Love the sound and of course love all the victorious singersđź’•đź’•đź’•
Kimberly R.
Columbus, OH
Loved the show and the music is even better! its so upbeat and totally will get you in a good mood. There voices are amazing and they are just very talented!
Allison M.
Pretty good show. It is not my first choice of shows to watch but if it was on and nothing else was on then i would probably watch it
Jaz P.
It is an amazing show and i love the songs featured in the show. The music is upbeat and amazing.i just wish the show was still on.
Evanji Kaurys D.
Yo ame esta serie, debieron de seguir haciendo mas capitulos, porque todavĂ­a no e visto una serie como esa, que ademas de que representa la pasion por la musica tambien lo hace con la ActuaciĂłn y para muchos Actores jovenes que deseamos aprender y seguir luchando esta serie era pefecta, lastima que ya no esta, hicieron un excelente trabajo.
Shannon R.
I may be 20 years old but victorious is a pretty good show. There is good acting & good singing. I don't think that I have seen any other shows like it. Let it shine is one of my favorite songs from the show.
Daniela C.
Athens, GA
i loooove this show it is soo good. I used to know all the songs. The music is kid appropiate so you can watch it with your younger siblings or kids. Their vocals are amazing.
Rajvee P.
A really good album with a really good show. If you want "kid appropriate" music to play around pre-teen or an early teen the Victorious soundtracks are the best choice. They aren't overly kid-ish but they are appropriate and they're fun to sing and dance to. The TV show also always gives me a good laugh.
Gia T.
Obsessed with this because for some reason I'm obsessed with the show lol! Every song is so catchy and well put together. I can't ever stop myself from singing while it's on.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert
Does this have you're the reason on it
Lucas S.
Feira de Santana
Amo victorius vcs gostam?