BY SONY #4 in Laptops

Sony Vaio Ultrabook Laptop
  • "The battery life wasn't the longest while I was sitting on the couch playing around with the laptop, but the performance was great overall!" in 8 reviews
  • "Pretty fast, love windows 8, good quality, really fast, would totally recommend it to anyone who loves using touch screens" in 5 reviews
Trenity L.
Florence, SC
This was the best laptop I ever used. I got it at a Rent-A-Center in like 2011. So, I paid a lot for it. But it lasted so long! It still works, but the screen is cracked. So, I have to hook up an external monitor to use it. Needless to say, I have another laptop now. But I want to get another Vaio because my new HP just doesn't compare. And is it just me or did anyone else notice that every time you see someone on a movie using a laptop, it's a Vaio. Weird! Seruously, go check if you don't believe me lol.
Brinia E.
Techie Expert Level 1
Sony is one of the best brands in the tech world, I've had my laptop for about 8 years and it's still going strong even after dropping it and regular use. best purchase ever!
Hermosa L.
Hermitage, PA
I miss this computer so much but someone broke it i had a pink one i used to do everything woth it make instrumentals write songs on it and do school work if i find it in storage i will take a picture of it
Cassandra M.
Wantage, NJ
Techie Expert Level 1
This was the best laptop i ever owned. My fiance bought it as a gift. It ran smoothly and i could do everything on it. From browsing the internet, playing games, downloading massive files, and writing papers. All with no trouble at all. Its very durable, well at least for me it was. It was in my book bag twice when the straps broke causing it to hit the ground each time. It took some major damage externally and internally. But, it still works. I still have it just in case of an emergency , but i had to pack it away since i have to prop up the screen just to use it
Hayley A.
Richmond, VA
Techie Expert Level 2
I am a full time student, so I am on my laptop off and on all day. The SSD is VERY useful for someone who constantly turns their computer on and off. Boot times are only a few seconds long, and the computer doesn't lag at all once you unlock it. Apps are also pretty fast to load. (2-3 seconds)

I was skeptical of the i3 processor, but it has worked flawlessly so far. But after finding out that it was a 3rd gen and a dual core, I felt more secure. I usually have at least four or so tabs open at once. Loading facebook, playing videos off youtube, having multiple tabs for homework, and running couple apps, while on the charger and with full brightness. I am happy to say that I have noticed no speed problems or lag, even with multiple youtube videos playing at once and a few other tabs open too. I havnt tried any photo or video editing or 3D games, but I probably will in the near future. But to be fair, this laptop isn't made for gamers anyway. Also, I havnt experienced any heating problems yet, other than just slightly warm.

The trackpad is very easy to use, and It closely resembles that of one on a Mac Book. The multi touch is a big plus for me, for scrolling though web pages and such. But, this laptop truly shines with the touch screen. Windows 8 is basically made to be used with tablet, so I really diddnt want to upgrade unless I had a touch screen. But I will say, using Windows 8 on this touchscreen is an absolute blast! It's just plain fun to play with. Its basically like having a tablet with a full keyboard. The touch screen is by far my favorite feature, and I have had no problems with it yet.

There aren't as many ports on this laptop as I would like, but that is an easy fix. It only has 2 USB ports, and I use a wireless mouse for one and the other is switched between my phone charger and a flash drive. But, a $6 adapter thingy will add ports instantly, so that's not a big deal. Also, the no CD drive is a bit of a con, but again, those can be found on Amazon for around $30. This laptop does have a VGA port, which I use for my dual monitor. The other ultrabooks don't have one, so that was a definite plus. My last con was that there isn't a back lit keyboard, but after talking to sales representatives at Staples, they all said that the back lit keyboard was just another thing to malfunction and I should stay away from them anyway. Out of the 4 they sold recently (6 months or less), all 4 came back with keyboard problems.

I purchased this ultrabook through Staples, where it was on sale for $700 instead of the original $850. I am very happy with my purchase, and just wanted to post a review because I was having trouble finding some myself. So far, this laptop has been lighting fast and very fun to play with. I found one at a good price, jumped on it, and am happy I did so. Not to mention that my friends with the Macs can't stop playing with it
Tara B.
Loved this lab top! I bought mine in 2008 & used it until it died (blue screen of death), I believe it was 8years old. Never had any problems with it! Loved it! I used it for all things, school & personal use. Had great storage! Very affordable highly recommend
Lauren J.
Techie Expert Level 2
I really loved my Sony Vaio. I had it for years. It was a beautiful shade of bubblegum pink. I got it at a pretty young age, with the fact that I'd need a computer for college, in mind. I don't know why I always thought ahead, but I did and I used it all throughout college. This computer kept me company during late nights and throughout writing papers. There was a slight issue with the hard drive during my sophomore year of college, but Sony techs came to my dorm and replaced it pretty fast. The computer continued to work fine for a while, up until the end of my senior year. I managed to get through all of my work, though. Unfortunately, I had fried the hard drive, myself by not shutting the computer down properly. I did not have the computer for my last year. But, it has done so much for me throughout my college career.
Amy M.
St Petersburg, FL
I have had mine for a couple of years and it is working just as well, if not better, than the day I bought it. Between e-mails, facebook, and downloading music from leery sites -
I've foolishly downloaded multiple viruses. I have even seen the "blue screen of death" three times - but my trusty Vaio always comes back to life! I have called Sony Help and they quickly walk me thru any assistance or log on remotely when I am having an issue (which is only ever due to me downloading content from untrustworthy users). When making the decision to update my laptop, I certainly looked at Macs as I'm a longtime iPhone/iPod user. . . however, to get the same ram, processing, programs and such - I was looking at OVER $2K for a Macbook. . . so I am uber-pleased with my $800 Sony!!
Chelly M.
Lakewood, CO
I love Sony Vaios! I am currently on my third one and I think that they are my favorite laptop brand out there. I love computers and I've wanted a laptop since they first came out. When my father bought me a Sony Vaio 10 years ago, I knew I found the perfect laptop. It's not only a great laptop, but it looks really cool, too. I get a lot of compliments on it and enjoy how nice looking it is. I'll probably get another one after this one goes kaput!
Brittany A.
Love it!!! I use mine for everything!!! For school work, book work, and for my every day work! It does everything, and is very fast! I love how it is so easy to lean the navigation of this laptop. and the light up key feature for night work (it was a must for me). This laptop will last you for years, and mine has not given up on me yet! it is very slim, and sleek, and is up to upmost speed with the new updates.
Melissa D.
Does anyone have troubles with over heating?
Stephanie L.
Perris, CA
Is this a really good quality laptop???
Becky J.
Does this laptop have a disk drive?
Felicity  R.
Hoquiam, WA
Does it come in any other colors?
Kyler F.
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Does this laptop get viruses easily? I would like to know cause every computer I get gets viruses on it even though I get virus protection on it and it doesn't seem to work all that great every time I do it.