BY SONY

This Denver-based quartet mixes the sweeping, arena-ready feel of Coldplay with the sincere, radio-friendly folk-rock of bands like Counting Crows for a highly melodic brand of palatable pop. The Fray's first release, HOW TO SAVE A LIFE, is packed with songs that push all the right mass-appeal buttons: sumptuous piano, swaying mid-tempo rhythms, anthemic choruses, and alternately soaring and meandering melodies sung in a high, emotive voice. Bridging stadium rock, emo, and classic rock on the order of U2, the Fray makes an assured first statement on their debut. see more...

• "Its an album that you can never get enough of." in 1 review
  • "The fray is so unique and I can find something I like about every song!" in 1 review
Amanda J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This album deserves more recognition! I feel like The Fray is a very underrated band! I love the lead singer’s voice... he can really sing! The Fray’s lyrics are so meaningful and heartfelt! Every song on this album could’ve easily been a hit! My favorite songs on this album are Over My Head and the title track How to Save a Life! You can feel the raw emotion in the lead singer’s voice when he sings! I love every single song on this album which is rare for me! I highly recommend this album! Five stars!
Jennifer P.
Pittsburgh, PA
I am absolutely in love with this album. There is a range of sounds on this album. It's unlike any others. I've always liked The Fray and their lead singer is amazing. The lyrics are actually meaningful which is wonderful. I would recommend this to anyone who likes pop music that isn't the ridiculous overdone music that is out there.
Alex W.
Kalamazoo, MI
This has been my obsession since I was younger. I'm in love with the brilliance of the artists on this album. It's one of the most unique bands and albums that you just can't get out of your head. It's also one that you really don't want for it to get out of your head! :)
Donna G.
Breaux Bridge, LA
This is my favorite album of all time! I saw them live and it was magical. This album got me through some tought times. The vocals are on point, the momentum of the tracks is progressive and I find they are unique in their art! I can listen to this album on repeat forever! Fall Away is my favorite track and a must listen. I cry every time!
Tess R.
This album is so amazing! The Fray is such a unique band. I love their music. I actually heard about them on Grey's Anatomy... But I fell in love with their sound. And my favorite song is still the first one I heard. How to save a life!
Nikki B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Such a great album. The band is unique and unlike any other band out there. The vocals are outstanding and have a calming effect. My favorite song is how to save a life. I am a fan of the artist for sure. MUST LISTEN.
Marian C.
Jackson, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Love! Love! Love this cd! The Fray are amazing! Their music doesn't get old or annoying like other artist. Just needing something chill and mellow, crank this bad boy up and enjoy.
Jody S.
Many good songs on this album. I enjoy it. While I don;t have the full cd, when a certain song comes on my pandora or even on the radio, I always turn it up!
Amy K.
Florence, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The Fray remains one of my favorite bands. This album was the beginning of my love for them. They are so passionate in their work and this album shows!
Paola C.
Yonkers, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this song, it's on my most played playlist. Very calming and splendid. The fray is a beautiful band and it has many very pretty songs