Sony PlayStation Vita

Non-stop challenges Stay connected with your friends latest scores to make sure you re still top of the leaderboard. Innovative Touch Panel Controls Access all the info you need to make your shot with completely new touch sensitive interface. Refreshed high-resolution graphics New graphics engine delivers high-fidelity visuals from the tee to green. New Shot System Evolved swing mechanic ensures accuracy and realistic results of every hit, slice or duff. Explore with Six-axis Take a walk on the course and discover new areas and obstacles with full Six-axis movement. Downloadable expansion Access new courses to play, characters to control and costumes to customize. Up to 30 players on one hole Join and interact with over 30 players and jump on the course together for a fun-filled round of golf. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational will offer a wide variety of competitive action online addressing various (real-time, asynchronous etc) playing styles via WiFi and 3G. ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Mild Suggestive Themes

Sony PlayStation Vita ? Are they still making games for the vita?
Is better than the original one ?
I’m trying to find out if I should get this product and wondered how well does it play it’s games? By this I mean are they laggy a lot and also how are the graphics?
Start your review of Sony PlayStation Vita!
Product Highlights
“...confused me at first but when i played around with it i grew to love its touch screen features. ” in 21 reviews
“There are so many games to choose from when you go into the sony store, I just had to download all the Final Fantasy's that were available.” in 8 reviews
“Just purchased this for my boyfriend and it has some really great graphics for being a handheld gaming system.” in 7 reviews
“...rather than the proprietary one, a smaller, lighter form factor, and better battery life to compensate.” in 6 reviews
“I have not got around to getting a PS4 for personal reasons but, if Vita had more games available for the handheld console I would def be picking it up more.” in 5 reviews
I love the PS Vita, and, sadly, Sony didn't give the Vita enough love. I enjoy the type of games it has in its library. Most of it is quirky and Japanese games that some other consoles lack. I thought its game library was a breath of fresh air compared to most triple AAA games. The quality of the screen is fantastic, and I can quickly look at the text and images. My favorite feature of the Vita is that it's region-free, which means I can play any imported Japanese games without any issues. I find the touch screen feature unnecessary because most of the games I played on the Vita don't take much advantage of the touch screen.However, I recommend giving the Vita a chance if you want to play something beyond major AAA titles.
Chicago
Perfect for when you have to keep the gaming action going when you are not close by your console, especially when traveling on the road or in the air. The beautifully lit LED display allows for non stop action during day or night. Battery life is fairly decent but it can definitely vary upon usage. Sometimes I can get 5 or 6 hours of gameplay, and other times it fluctuates between more or less than that. Overall, the portability and performance of this handheld is impressive.
new York
Purchased at: GameStop
I would recommend this for anyone who likes Jrpgs. While Sony no longer produces games for the vita, the ones that do exist are beautiful and well written stories. Anyone who's a fan of RPGs should have a vita and play the numerous amount of games that were released for this console.
Fremont, OH
Such a sad review for this. This could have been so much better. It started off good but then Sony dropped support for this. If it didn't have gravity rush, which is the best vita game, this probably would've been a 2 star. I unfortunately can not recommended this to others.
Elmira, NY
Ahh, this was my FAVORITE Game Device as a child... I would definitely recommend you parents to buy your younger ones (Heading to teens) this device. 😌 ** If they are into newer games, then you’re stuck getting them more so like a PS4 🥳
Kansas City
This handheld device is no longer going to be in production however even used this is a great handheld. The battery lasts days on one charge and has numerous games to choose from. Usability is great as its very user friendly. You can connect your ps4 to this handheld, you can pause your vita game and continue on your console. This is being phased out but for older games its still wonderful to have. Its durable, easy to use, great battery life and I recommend it for anyone looking for a handheld system
Stafford, VA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Purchased at: GameStop
The PlayStation Vita is a great gaming device. My husband loves it when he’s traveling. It’s easy to take around and he can play all his favorite games. I play in it every now and then. It was an ok price.
I love the Vita. The biggest downside is the fact you cannot connect multiple accounts per system and the expensive memory card with limited memory. I have mine defaulted to the Japanese PSN, which lets me play PSO2. I'm very saddened by the news of the discontinuation of production. This console had so much potential. The screen quality is amazing. This console's battery lasts WEEKS in sleep mode with the Wi-Fi off. I love this feature way more than the 3DS, which only lasts about 3 days tops. I also like the feature where you can play PS4 from the Vita using Wi-Fi. I was able to play Yakuza 6 and The Witcher 3 at the airport in my hands.
I mostly use mine to emulate Playstation 1 and PSP games, but the Vita exclusives are amazing. The priced I paid for my console wasn't bad at all. A few dollars cheaper than what I paid for my 3DS XL.
N Hollywood, CA
Sony PlayStation Vita uploaded by Nelson M.
Purchased at: Amazon
It’s a en excellent portable console that, at the time, had some incredible graphics for a portable machine. The bad thing is that it has a few exclusives games, and most of its games catalog is limited to Japanese game (which can be good or bad depending on each one)Sony PlayStation Vita
Marianna, FL
The price just dropped from $300 to $200 at GameStop, on all Vita bundles. I highly recommend this handheld for adults and older or mature children. The front screen is a touch screen and there is a touch pad on the back as well. I usually describe the Vita as having characteristics of a tablet. There is a 3G bundle that comes with a 4GB memory card, and a year of PlayStation Plus, which allows you to download free games and it discounts other games on the PlayStation Network, that I highly recommend. You can also synch your Vita with your PS3 through your PlayStation account. Therefore, any games you downloaded on your PS3 or that are cross-compatible on your Vita, will be playable on your Vita as well. There are still only a handful of physical games out, but with the PS4 releasing 11/15/13 , there will be a lot more coming out due to the connectivity between the two systems. Again, this is not a system for young children! I find myself explaining to customers that there is not a Super Mario or Pokémon game on the Vita. However, there are still a few kid friendly games and apps, such as the Lego games, Jak and Dexter, Rayman Origins, and Little Big Planet. Overall, the Vita is at a great price of only $200 and there are a few bundles to choose from (The Walking Dead bundle released recently). It has beautiful graphics and unique controls. If you find yourself uninterested in the physical games that are out for the Vita, check the PlayStation Store. Sony will be sure to have something that meets your expectations.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
7 days ago
Sony PlayStation Vita ? Are they still making games for the vita?
3 years ago
Sony PlayStation Vita how is the connection when using the remote play feature?
Francis A. • 2 years ago
The connection is really good it's works perfectly.