BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #4 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

PlayStation 4 Console Brand: Sony Type: PlayStation 4 Console Color: Jet Black Processor Type: Single-chip custom processor CPU: x86-64 AMD 'Jaguar' 8 cores Installed RAM: GDDR5 8GB Hard Drive Size: Built-in 500GB Optical Drive Type: BD 6 x CAV DVD 8 x CAV Graphic Processor: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine see more...

• Favorite PlayStation 4 game? Sony PlayStation 4 Console8 Answers
  • Anyone a current user of Playstation Vue? I've just signe...1 Answers
  • How much does this game system cost?6 Answers
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Or household has owned all the playstation's since the very first one came out. This PS4 unit is a lot more updated in terms of functionality and abilities. It can also be used as a blueray player which is a plus since you don't need a second dvd player. The one thing I dislike about the unit which I deducted one star for is that you cannot play the older playstation 3 games on this unit. When I upgraded it made my entire previous selection of games completely useless unless I wanted to keep my previous console as well which would have taken up more space than I was willing to offer since I also need space for my router and cable box. I've had it for about 3 years now and it's still running but I take very good care of it. I always clean my disks and use compressed air to keep out any dust and I use a dust cover for it when it's not in use. It does sound like it's operating a little louder than when I first received it but that's common for these consoles. I tend to let it cool down after its been running an hour or so to extend the length of my ownership since I don't want to burn the board out with excessive play.
Javier B.
Elmhurst,NY
I've heard great things of the Playstation 4 but I don't own one. Nowadays once a console gets labeled as old gen we don't see many titles or none at all released for it. The ps4 has a wide selection of games that know include virtual reality to go along with. The design of the console is very sleek and the graphics are off the charts. In addition, some sequels and new game titles from it's past self the ps3. I hope to get one soon and experience the console's power itself and play new games and those that have been remastered.
Jessica M.
East Hampton, CT
This is my favorite current gen console.  It has an incredible selection of games, both exclusives and indy titles.  I've always loved the size and feel of playstation controllers and the PS4 isn't any different.  Its really easy to add additional storage with an external drive if you need to, which is another feature I appreciate as well.  We don't use the netflix and hulu features since our TV has them, but I like that that's an option.
Krystal G.
Florence, AL
We use this every day. If not to play games, but to also watch movies. The only thing I dislike is how fast controllers can die, i wish there was a backup battery pack in them...like there used to be. The games are the best though! Couldn't live without a console of some sort.
Justine M.
I've been an on and off gamer since I was young. I got my first PlayStation when I was about 9 years old.im so happy how far PlayStation has become as a console. My brother and I have had many other PlayStation versions throughout the years and so far this one has been the best never had a problem with it. I recommend this console to anyone who enjoys gaming. We met pretty cool people through the live sessions of call of duty . I just feel that PlayStation makes to game to unite people more than Xbox.
Tanya W.
Pine Knot, KY
I love my PlayStation 4. So many free games and they always give free downloads every month. So much entertainment in one system. I don’t play as much as I used to, but when I do, it’s never a dull moment.
Tiffany S.
Buford, GA
Still on the fence about this. I haven't been able to do a lot, since I haven't signed up for an account yet. I'm waiting to see if the features are available WITHOUT paying an extra monthly subscription on top of the cost of the console and games.
Michelle N.
Lexington, KY
I feel like Call of duty forced me to purchase this consol. My ps3 was my ride or die, we spent years together. This past year, with the release of Infinite Warfare I made the switch to the Ps4. I have enjoyed the experience except for the need to purchase the ability to play online. The free online play was why I initially preferrd Ps over xbox.... but oh well. I'm hooked.
Nicole Z.
Great console! The look of the playstation has stayed the same over the last few models, but this system runs smoothly. No crashes, i also love that i can connect all my accounts to it. Like Netflix and Hulu. Also is a blu ray player which is a great plus!
Riah W.
Gamer Expert Level 2
My fiance got this console a little over a month ago and he's in love. We've had all of the PlayStation consoles, but I think that this one is my favourite. The only thing I dislike about the console is that previous console games are useless. I don't see Silent Hill being released for PS4 anytime soon and I'm very upset about that.
Christina S.
Marlboro, NJ
Would you say that $250 for a PS4 bundle on Black Friday is a good price? Comes with the system, controller and Uncharted.
Tammy B.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Been waiting and thinking this over for awhile now...I really would like some advice on what gaming system is better the ps4 or xbox? I want to buy for family but don't want something hard for most ages to use...anyone try both and can give me some feed back please and thank you...I wish they let you try before you buy these gaming systems...that would be amazing... Cheers 🍻
Janice S.
Favorite PlayStation 4 game? Sony PlayStation 4 Console
Amy P.
Pembroke, NH
Gamer Expert Level 3
Ok, for those that already own this... If your PS4 was lost/stolen/destroyed by rampaging wombats, would you buy a new one? If not, what would buy instead?
Leslie S.
Topock, AZ
What are your age recommendations for this console? I have kids aged 8-15. Is it kid friendly enough for the 8 year old?