BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #1 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

PlayStation 4 Console Brand: Sony Type: PlayStation 4 Console Color: Jet Black Processor Type: Single-chip custom processor CPU: x86-64 AMD 'Jaguar' 8 cores Installed RAM: GDDR5 8GB Hard Drive Size: Built-in 500GB Optical Drive Type: BD 6 x CAV DVD 8 x CAV Graphic Processor: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine see more...

• Favorite PlayStation 4 game? Sony PlayStation 4 Console4 Answers
  • Anyone a current user of Playstation Vue? I've just signed up for...1 Answers
  • How much does this game system cost?1 Answers
Kaymo B.
Arlington, TX
Hello my PS4 it does everything it is kind of limited on some things I don't believe it plays CDs but it is a newer model of the PlayStation I was thinking PlayStation 3 but if you want to keep up with the Joneses go ahead and upgrade
Shannon B.
Hillman, MI
I really like the Sony Playstation 4 System.  I bought it for my son but I enjoy playing on it as well.  It has a great sleek design, looking sharp and modern.  It has great graphic output and a bluray player which allows us to not only play games, but also watch movies on Blu Ray discs.  As with other consoles, you can connect it to the internet and play with friends both near and far.  Its a great system all around.
♡ S.
Stockbridge
I like the controls on the ps4 compared to the xboxes I’ve had all my life. It’s not the easiest to navigate, it’s something you have to learn. The graphics are great and I haven’t seen any lag in the times I’ve used it.
Michelle N.
Lexington, KY
I feel like Call of duty forced me to purchase this consol. My ps3 was my ride or die, we spent years together. This past year, with the release of Infinite Warfare I made the switch to the Ps4. I have enjoyed the experience except for the need to purchase the ability to play online. The free online play was why I initially preferrd Ps over xbox.... but oh well. I'm hooked.
Jeremy S.
I love my PlayStation 4 (and my PS3 and so on)..Very reliable and completely exceeded all my expectations. Great for any age- my kids LOVE it and there are SO many games to choose from. Great graphics as well. Super expensive but worth the money. You will spend hours on this console and there are endless possibilities!!!! I would highly recommend this product!
jaylin P.
Boise, ID
Love the picture and quality of games from this console!! Sony did a great job of upgrading and making this console so versatile. I use it to watch tv, blue ray player, and video games! The only thing I don't love is that they now charge for the play station network, that always set them ahead of Microsoft for me, now they charge just like Microsoft :(
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA
I'm usually a Nintendo girl, and the last time I had a PlayStation was when the first ever one came out. But ever since I got together with my long time friend, now boyfriend, he started to get me more and more into video games. I always was, but with school and all, it got hard getting to play. Playing demos helped, and then I saw and played the demo of Gravity Rush 2 over and over and over. It's the one thing I really wanted. I was going to save up money for it, but my boyfriend surprised me and bought it for my birthday. With the PS Pro being out, the PS4 is now $250. Plus at the time he bought it for me, he was able to get a free game of $20 or less with it. So all in all, he bought me three games: Gravity Rush 2, Sword Art Online, and Final Fantasy 13. I'm still not the greatest game player because of all those years of not playing, plus Nintendo isn't exactly the same as everyone else. They focus on their own design. But it's been a lot of fun! The PS4 specification wise is better than the Pro. The pro is only great if you have a 4k TV, but even then performance wise the PS4 is better. In discovering all these amazing and great attributes, I've come to be a Sony PlayStation girl. But I know my love for video games will never cease. I've been studying full time at Uni to be able to enter the video game, animation, and technology field. I'll have a major in Corporate Communications (think business, marketing, management, communications, PR all in one), and two minors in IST/IT in regards to not only computer related topics, but all things technology. I've always been a geek.
Danny G.
For me this will always top the Xbox console. I grew up with this playing games from The Kingdom Hearts series to Soul Calibur to Star Wars Battlefront (even though EA kinda ruined it). Absolutely nostalgic and would recommend always before considering any other console.
Eduardo G.
Hands down best console has better graphics than an Xbox looks nicer. I play it everyday when im bored, with friends and just for entertainment. I play games like GTA 5, Call of Duty and others
Idrialis C.
Doral, FL
This is a great gaming console, that works amazingly not only for the obvios of videogaming, but also as a DVD player and for making the TV Smart, since you can use it to Watch Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Web browsing and some others. Long long years of fun warranty.
Christina S.
Marlboro, NJ
Would you say that $250 for a PS4 bundle on Black Friday is a good price? Comes with the system, controller and Uncharted.
Amy P.
Pembroke, NH
Gamer Expert Level 3
Ok, for those that already own this... If your PS4 was lost/stolen/destroyed by rampaging wombats, would you buy a new one? If not, what would buy instead?
Tammy B.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Been waiting and thinking this over for awhile now...I really would like some advice on what gaming system is better the ps4 or xbox? I want to buy for family but don't want something hard for most ages to use...anyone try both and can give me some feed back please and thank you...I wish they let you try before you buy these gaming systems...that would be amazing... Cheers 🍻
Ashley H.
I've been thinking about upgrading to a ps4 (I still have the 3). Is the 4 worth it?
Leslie S.
Topock, AZ
What are your age recommendations for this console? I have kids aged 8-15. Is it kid friendly enough for the 8 year old?