Sony One Direction (UK Boy Band) - Up All Night

by Sony Music Publishing

Illustrator: Chris Gray. Photographer: John Urbano. With 2010 X-Factor winner Matt Cardle's career self-imploding before it began due to his publicly declared negative perceptions of the show, and runner-up Rebecca Ferguson's career taking a softer, more critically acclaimed route, it was third-place band One Direction who became the true winners of the 2010 series of the show, commercially speaking. Nothing was more evident of this than the fact that their mentor, Simon Cowell, offered the five-some a /2million recording deal, double what they would have received had they won. By Christmas 2011, One Direction had branded, well, everything, with their trademark. Like JLS, the Spice Girls, and many before them, the band had their own calendars, Christmas cards, beach towels, and much, much more. Most notable, however, was their music. In September 2011, the band had an unstoppable number one single, "What Makes You Beautiful," an effervescent and fresh tween love song that created a true fan base for the group, composed of Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson. One Direction's debut album, Up All Night became the must-have release for both X-Factor fans and tweens, and for good reason, since it was a top-quality, mass-market-ready debut. Sound-wise, the band's music drifts between the glossy, synthed-up tracks recorded by the Saturdays on their album On Your Radar, and the anthemic pop Kelly Clarkson has made so famous on her All I Ever Wanted" album: Up All Night is definitely full of radio-ready, chorus-driven, songs: highlights include the soaring RedOne number "Save You Tonight," and "Tell Me a Lie," surprisingly written by the aforementioned Clarkson. Up All Night is a classic boy band album, full of those lite rock filler tracks that tweens play in their bedrooms late into the night, and the songs are actually quite good, particularly the Toby Gad collaboration "Taken" and the ballad "Moments," featured only on the Yearbook v.

Can I actually get this for free?
Is this the newest CD?
Any good songs you all recommend for me to listen
Start your review of Sony One Direction (UK Boy Band) - Up All Night!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
My daughter loves this band!!in reviews
Sharon B.
Lincolnton, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I'm not a youngster but I love all kinds of music and One Direction is one group I can listen to all the time. Great songs and great harmony..I don't think losing one member will change the group.. give them a try . I think you'll like them
Rachel J.
Sunnyvale, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Fan from 2011! This album is when they were much younger and their music has evolved since then! I love to see how they have changed and how their voices have grown stronger
Cynthia R.
marysville
This album has be out for years now,but it’s definitely worth still putting up a review.First off it did make me very sad when Niall and Louis wouldn’t get to sing as much as the rest of the boys but it’s overall an amazing album.
Venus F.
Newmarket, NH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Love all the songs on this album. It is sad that they are no longer together. The lyrics are catchy and easy to pick up. I love that their are different than other groups. Great vocals as some of them have gone out on their own to do solo albums. This album is a must
Sabrina G.
Norwell, MA
I remember the first day I listened to this album the first day it came out. I fell in love right away. It's crazy to think of how old this album is and how far they have come. I recommend this album to anyone who loves up beat and fun music and also cheesy cute songs.
Alicia T.
Wytheville, VA
Nooooo! Ok, maybe if you are a kid or a pre-teen, maybe even a teenager, but as an adult, I just don't understand the fascination with the one direction boys. Or men. This brings me back to my own childhood boy band days, I guess, but this is just not my type of music now.
Jessica C.
I am obsessed with this album and with this band, I love their songs and all of them, especially this album because it makes me feel in those times where they were together and everyone was happy. I can not stop reproducing it, I already learned all the songs and still I sing them again.
Lauren S.
Columbia, SC
Can I just say I am totally obsessed. Even 4 albums later I am completely dedicated. I actually saw the concert for this album in 2012 and it is still one of my most favorite memories. All the boys are super talented and are different from the other boy bands around. If you aren't a Directioner, you are missing out!
Breanna C.
Clarksburg, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Call me a total child, but this is the CD I blast in my car. It's the music I listen to when I'm upset, or mad, because how can you be mad when you're listening to old One Direction?
Robyn M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm a 27 year old mom and obsessed with 1D, LOL. These boys are so cute and actually are very talented. Their songs are catchy, and my daughter loves dancing to them. Must have!