BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT

The gold wireless stereo headset delivers amazing depth and audio clarity, elevating your gaming experience with customizable game modes created by developers exclusively for playstation. High fidelity 7.1 virtual surround sound breathes new life into the urban jungles and alien worlds you explore, while the hidden noise cancelling microphone makes it easy to connect with your friends and teammates. When you re on the move, use your headset with your favorite mobile device via the included 3.5mm audio cable or fold it up into the included travel pouch until the next round. This is how games were made to sound. a headset... see more...

• Are these worth the price? I don't mind spending the money on hea...6 Answers
  • Are they better than turtle beaches? I can hear a lot with the tu...3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Amanda R.
Baytown, Tx
The price for what your getting is very good. The sound quality is fairly good, but the real benefit is the app that allows you to customize the sound ratios based on the type of game. Another plus is the microphone is inside the headset rather than just hanging around. There are negatives though. One is that the ear covers are leather-like, which tends to make me sweat more. They can be hot with continuous use this way. The battery life is not the greatest either. It's about half as much as my Turtle Beach headphones at best. The versatility can be limiting as well. You have to choose between the game sound going through the TV and the chat sound to the headphones, which make the game experience stifling, or all the sound to the headphones and none through the TV, which sounds manageable alone, but can be tedious in small groups. Overall, I'd say these headphones are a great budget buy, but if you have the money, don't invest in these. Put some more money into the higher quality hardware.
Xanadu R.
San Diego, CA
This headset is pretty great, although I do have some small issues. I wish the clarity of my voice was a little better through the mic - I post a lot of videos on youtube of me speaking while gaming and I feel like it's a little tinny or canned? I also have to push the headset down all the way to the smallest fit.

I like where the buttons are located on it, I often mute myself to cough or something and I have to do it quickly. It's very intuitive.

The battery life is really great, the sound quality is amazing and the customization for each game is amazing, too.
Elmy F.
Las Vegas, NV
This headset are really good I rcomended to any one who likes playing shooting games they work great
Sam M.
If you're looking for a headset to use with PS4, the Gold should be your only choice. The sound quality is impeccable. I have not had any issues. You can control the volume and also control which sound you want to hear louder: chat or game. The set is also noise cancelling so beware that you WILL NOT hear the environment around you! They are very comfortable and easy to store. The ear pieces fold in for compact storage. There is also an app that comes with them where you can control the EQ! More bass? More treble? You choose! I recommend this product, and no other!
Noah B.
Montgomery, AL
These headphones are awesome! Definitely worth the money! The sound is crystal clear and your audio comes out smooth on the end. It even has a virtual surround sound setting that makes every game seem more realistic. Perfect for shooter games like Call of Duty.
Nathan G.
These are by far the most comfortable pairs of headphones I have ever owned. The shape of the head set helps. Now why am I only giving them a 3 star... well the design of the pair I got is flawed for big headed people like my self. The plastic stretches and then cracks exposing the pin that holds the cup to the band. If you get the newer versions of these this is supposedly fixed however you need to make sure you buy the newer version... as for me I am relegated to contacting Sony support spending shipping to send the old broken pair in to be replaced.
Tyy D.
After buying three expensive gaming ğŸŽ§ including 🐢 Beachs best, the Gold Sony PS4 is superior. The ğŸŽ¤ is clear and doesn't distort ur voice. The 🔋 life is like 10 hours. Surround sound so crystal clear hearing footsteps from behind often spare me from ambush. Top it off Sony has game specific presets you download. This can be used in party mode add well as watching movies and u will want to because the sound quality is one of the best out there in its price class. This is the best headset I have used
Bryan V.
N Chesterfld, VA
I bought this item at best buy and it works like a charm. One great perk about this item is not only does it work for the Playstation 4 but also on the Playstation 3! It uses the same charging plug as the Playstation 4 controller so that's always handy. If you want to keep quite late at night you can simply apply all the sound through the headphones only and turn the volume down to zero on the TV. You can also chat online with your friends through the headphones so it's a get multitasking headset! You can watch Netflix through the system and still be able to listen through the headphones. Sony hit it right in the middle with this product!
Derek L.
Bossier city, La
One of the best headsets I've ever used. Definitely cheaper than turtle beach or other brands. Although the volume control is a little dull for me, the sound from this headset it amazing. I definitely recommend these to other gamers who are on a budget but want an excellent set of gaming headphones.
Ryan S.
Reading, PA
Great headset. I use it for more than games. I use it for blu Rays as well. It is way better sounding than any of the current headsets. You can even hear people walking up behind you in games like destiny!
Lori N.
Are these worth the price? I don't mind spending the money on headphones for games but don't want to if the quality isn't there. Thanks!
Kristin W.
Are they better than turtle beaches? I can hear a lot with the turtle beaches, but want to know if this is better to buy