BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT

The dualshock4 wireless controller features familiar controls, and incorporates several innovative features to usher in a new era of interactive experiences. Its definitive analog sticks and trigger buttons have been improved for greater feel and sensitivity. A multi-touch, clickable touch pad expands gameplay possibilities, while the incorporated light bar in conjunction with the playstationcamera allows for easy player identification and screen adjustment when playing with friends in the same room. The addition of the share button makes utilizing the social capabilities of the playstation4 as easy as the push of a button.... see more...

• I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gamin...1 Answers
  • This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you...5 Answers
  • Is it worth getting 2 if i live alone?18 Answers
  • "The new touch pad adds new challenges to various games." in 1 review
Cassie K.
Although our family has had a PS4 for over a year now, I still can't tell if i like this controller better than the PS3. There's just something about the shape that i don't like quite as much. It doesn't matter that much though, the functionality of the controller is just as good. Still loving wireless capabilities :)
Darby F.
Salvisa, KY
Gamer Expert Level 3
I love these new controllers. Just the feel of them is an improvement to the DS3. The LED is adorable but I do think it wears on the battery life. I'm a pretty clumsy person so they are obviously tough still. I will never buy an off-brand PS controller because they just don't add up to the Dual Shocks that Sony makes
Naiomi E.
Towson, MD
I love my controller. I had gotten it so I can play along with my boyfriend on his ps4 because before then we were just sharing one. However he did have two in the first place, which is why I'm giving only 4 stars. I can tell they break easily, and you have to be careful not to drop them too often.
Celene B.
I would recommend the Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller to anyone that plays on a PS4. I myself have two of them! The controller has a comfortable grip and it is easy to adjust yourself to. Also, they sell this controller in a variety of colors/styles. The controller in black is the classic color/design/style and I am one that like the classic look of the PS4. Overall, I definitely recommend this controller.
I use my DualShock 4 all the time - not only on my PS4, but also on my PC! I consider the layout of this controller to be near perfect - in a perfect world I'd like one of the analog sticks slightly offset - but overall I still like it better than the other competitors. Now with the addition of built-in support on Steam it should be even better!
Brett G.
Martinsburg, WV
Having been a PlayStation gamer since the early days of the PS1, the controller has always been a sacred thing. For the better part of 20 years, the changes were few: add analog sticks, remove wires...

The PS4 Dual Shock is a far more radical change than it appears to be. The proportions have been changed to make it far more comfortable to use for long periods, the L2/R2 triggers are finally actually triggers and the new touchpad is very useful for menu systems or text entry.

This is a welcome evolution to the PlayStation experience.
Kri W.
Huntsville, AL
Gamer Expert Level 3
The new touch pad creates challenges and interesting use for various games. I love that there is a head phone jack in the controller and the color changes with various games for low health etc. the light even changes for 2nd player etc. A perfect buy for the system.
Lisa S.
Merced, CA
Its an improvement over the PS3 controller. It is the perfect size and is comfortable to hold. I like the blue light. The thing that i have to say though is that it does not hold a charge long enough. I would recommend this controller.
Chari C.
With all the products getting made with cheaper materials this is not one of them. The controller is heavy duty and the battery lasts a surprisingly long time. I like the touch pad and I would like to see it included in future controllers that come out.
Chelsea G.
Hubby loves it I don't; its to big for my hands as a girl I cannot get into it like he can... I prefer the xbox one controller myself personally & I play any & every game that hits the shelf on either console that I see that looks interesting from E3
Sonia R.
Is it worth getting 2 if i live alone?
Michael R.
Park Ridge, IL
This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you feel like they could've made the touch pad maybe easier to reach rather than have to extend your thumb and almost take your hand off the controller to use it?
Alexander S.
Bothell, WA
I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gaming (works great!). My roommate just got a PS4 and I noticed that, on her DS4, there's an extra light bar on the front if the touch pad. It got me wondering; Are there any major differences to the controller that would warrant an upgrade?