BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #12 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

The dualshock4 wireless controller features familiar controls, and incorporates several innovative features to usher in a new era of interactive experiences. Its definitive analog sticks and trigger buttons have been improved for greater feel and sensitivity. A multi-touch, clickable touch pad expands gameplay possibilities, while the incorporated light bar in conjunction with the playstationcamera allows for easy player identification and screen adjustment when playing with friends in the same room. The addition of the share button makes utilizing the social capabilities of the playstation4 as easy as the push of a button.... see more...

• I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gamin...1 Answers
  • This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you...5 Answers
  • Is it worth getting 2 if i live alone?18 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "The new touch pad adds new challenges to various games." in 1 review
Sara M.
Jefferson, OR
We've had our PS4 coming up on 2 years now and we've been really impressed with the durability of the controllers. Previously we were an xbox360 family and my fiance, an avid gamer, would go through controllers every few months! He would wear the joysticks out to where even when he wasn't pushing it in a direction they would go that way. He would also wear the bumpers out too. We haven't had to replace any ps4 ones yet. He also loves the camo one I got them. I also wish they had these in more girly designs! I looove my pink chrome xbox controller!!
Allen S.
Lynchburg
I was a bit skeptical when Sony changed the design on the tried and true playstation controller after 15 years. However, the change its a great one, allowing more comfort for FPS games while retaining its glorious dpad for the fighting genre. The battery life is decent, not as good as the dualshock3 but still acceptable. The speaker on the controller also seems more gimmicky than functional. Despite a couple of flaws, it's still my favorite controller of the current generation and a worthy successor to the long running standard Sony has set.
Ashley B.
This is the standard controller that comes with the ps4. There are different controllers you can get that come in different colors or designs but this is just the standard black controller. If you want to, you can order customized skins to add to it if you want to give it some color. I wanted an extra controller I choose this one and so far it works great and the price is reasonable.
Michelle S.
This controller is more comfortable and while it took a little time to get used to the options and share buttons and the trackboard being there, they don't get in the way. The textured grips were a nice addition.
I love that even though the controller is a lot more involved now than the 3 was, it's still not impossible to take it apart to customize it with spray paint and decals. It is possible to reassemble it without losing ANY functionality. I painted mine pink and black and it works perfectly.
Quarter C.
Culver City, CA
At first I was really skeptical of this controller-- I was a huge fan of the PS3 one, and all the stuff they added to this one just seemed super unnecessary. But it's actually really cool. Having the light bar flash whenever you fire your gun (muzzle flash!) is super awesome in a dark room, and really adds to the ambiance. The only problem is that if you're switching between this and the PS3, you're inevitably going to hit the share button on accident every once in awhile.
Jessica H.
Boonville, IN
I love the interactiveness of this controller. The built in speaker makes gameplay tons more interactive. There's an audio port that will fit any standard size headphones which is a great way to keep the noise down and the game more personal. Battery life lasts us all day and throughout the night. It has a bright light in the front and a scroll pad which I havemt had the opportunity to use unfortunately. They were thinking perfectly right when Sony created this remote!
chenessa h.
Standard controller. Nothing to really complain about is it durable for those days you are getting kicked around by a 13 year old and you are questioning all your life choices. And u can connect your headphones right into the controller if you need to be quiet. It feels very comfortable and natural to use like the previous versions.
Cassie K.
Although our family has had a PS4 for over a year now, I still can't tell if i like this controller better than the PS3. There's just something about the shape that i don't like quite as much. It doesn't matter that much though, the functionality of the controller is just as good. Still loving wireless capabilities :)
Naiomi E.
Towson, MD
I love my controller. I had gotten it so I can play along with my boyfriend on his ps4 because before then we were just sharing one. However he did have two in the first place, which is why I'm giving only 4 stars. I can tell they break easily, and you have to be careful not to drop them too often.
Darby F.
Salvisa, KY
Gamer Expert Level 3
I love these new controllers. Just the feel of them is an improvement to the DS3. The LED is adorable but I do think it wears on the battery life. I'm a pretty clumsy person so they are obviously tough still. I will never buy an off-brand PS controller because they just don't add up to the Dual Shocks that Sony makes
Sonia R.
Is it worth getting 2 if i live alone?
Michael R.
Park Ridge, IL
This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you feel like they could've made the touch pad maybe easier to reach rather than have to extend your thumb and almost take your hand off the controller to use it?
Alexander S.
Bothell, WA
I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gaming (works great!). My roommate just got a PS4 and I noticed that, on her DS4, there's an extra light bar on the front if the touch pad. It got me wondering; Are there any major differences to the controller that would warrant an upgrade?