BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #17 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

The dualshock4 wireless controller features familiar controls, and incorporates several innovative features to usher in a new era of interactive experiences. Its definitive analog sticks and trigger buttons have been improved for greater feel and sensitivity. A multi-touch, clickable touch pad expands gameplay possibilities, while the incorporated light bar in conjunction with the playstationcamera allows for easy player identification and screen adjustment when playing with friends in the same room. The addition of the share button makes utilizing the social capabilities of the playstation4 as easy as the push of a button.... see more...

• I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gamin...1 Answers
  • This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you...5 Answers
  • Is it worth getting 2 if i live alone?18 Answers
  • "The new touch pad adds new challenges to various games." in 1 review
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Our controllers are so beat up right now but somehow they still keep on ticking. There's also little DIY fixes out there for the common problems like buttons sticking etc. I opted to keep mine as is no skins. These controllers are a step up from the PS3 controllers in terms of grip and they're larger but more ergonomic and less boxy. The additional pad in the middle is handy too and you can also purchase add on items like keyboards etc to connect to it.
Erica H.
Pasadena , TX
Super great product ! I always make sure my husband has a new controller when he gaming ! Super affordable if you buy from Best Buy they offer a protection plan so if it stop working or goes out I just replace it . That’s what I do with all His gaming products .
Tia D.
HANOVER, MD
These controllers are decent but not great I've had to replace One controller within the last year because it just stopped working so you have to be careful with these two they do do what they need to do but they break easily
Tara C.
Flushing, MI
Gamer Expert Level 2
It is your classic game controller. Black is my favorite color so it suits me just fine. I had a pink controller for my Ps3 and it was just not as me as plain black is honestly.
Vivian J.
Mc Connellsbg, PA
Gamer Expert Level 1
These are the best controllers ever , they are easy to use and easy to fix. They are enjoyable and fun to use. I play COD with these and i like how they work. They are very easy to use. I would highly recommend these controllers to others who love playstation.
Megan W.
Winchester, KY
Gamer Expert Level 1
You'd better hope to get this one sale. We're having to replace one of ours after the analog stick on the left side stopped working (5 months of use). So if you're playing COD and all the sudden you cant stop running .... you're screwed lol. Trying to find a new more durable controller now... ugh
Sarah R.
Calvert, TX
I love the new controllers and the concept of it, but after a while the buttons start to stop working and buttons are harder to push. Its frustrating and these controllers are not cheap!!!
J B.
Fort Wayne, IN
This controller is subpar. It is lacking in the durability department. I can get carried away playing games and I will just hit the controller in my hands. This has resulted in a broken controller. I have also found that the controllers can be very glitchy. I've had to reset my system because the controller would be stuck doing the last action (crouching and my character will stay crouched). Even after turning the controller on and off it will not fix the problem. This is not a good controller for the controller throwers or in my case just smacking the controller with my other hand.
Stacey C.
Zephyrhills
Gamer Expert Level 1
We purchased this controller because of course the console only comes with one. That is one negative I have with the console. The fact that you have to buy more products Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller - Black (PlayStation 4)
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA
As a person who is fresh to the Sony Play Station world, I love it. I haven't had a Sony PlayStation since the first ever one that was out. During the move between houses, and my mom's vendetta against video games, it got thrown out. Nonetheless, I still had all my Nintendo consoles. So I'm old enough to have my own PS4 and video games. So anyways, I first had my experience with the controller when playing demo games at stores. It's very comfortable, but I wasn't really used to all the buttons that much. And I think I chose a hard game to try to get used to it on. Nonetheless, it's amazing. For the most part I've gotten much of it down in a short time span considering I'm a full time student with a part time job doing an accelerated degree with a minor. The motion controls kind of bug me though, but without them I feel weird too. I enjoy the realistic features to the controller, whereas if an island falls you feel it shake. It makes it interesting and full of suspense, but also it frustrates me because I know I'm not that good at time based tasks. Doesn't mean I give up at them. What really intrigues me is the power button to the PS4 is on the controller. That's really impressive, and the cable can dupe as an android charger. Very impressive. For someone who is still fresh to this, I'm very impressed. I haven't used the touch pad though, I have small hands, I don't know what I'm supposed to use it for to be honest.
Sonia R.
Is it worth getting 2 if i live alone?
Michael R.
Park Ridge, IL
This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you feel like they could've made the touch pad maybe easier to reach rather than have to extend your thumb and almost take your hand off the controller to use it?
Alexander S.
Bothell, WA
I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gaming (works great!). My roommate just got a PS4 and I noticed that, on her DS4, there's an extra light bar on the front if the touch pad. It got me wondering; Are there any major differences to the controller that would warrant an upgrade?