BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #16 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

The dualshock4 wireless controller features familiar controls, and incorporates several innovative features to usher in a new era of interactive experiences. Its definitive analog sticks and trigger buttons have been improved for greater feel and sensitivity. A multi-touch, clickable touch pad expands gameplay possibilities, while the incorporated light bar in conjunction with the playstationcamera allows for easy player identification and screen adjustment when playing with friends in the same room. The addition of the share button makes utilizing the social capabilities of the playstation4 as easy as the push of a button.... see more...

• Who has it??? Do you like?1 Answers
  • I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gaming (works...1 Answers
  • This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you feel li...5 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "The new touch pad adds new challenges to various games." in 1 review
J B.
Fort Wayne, IN
This controller is subpar. It is lacking in the durability department. I can get carried away playing games and I will just hit the controller in my hands. This has resulted in a broken controller. I have also found that the controllers can be very glitchy. I've had to reset my system because the controller would be stuck doing the last action (crouching and my character will stay crouched). Even after turning the controller on and off it will not fix the problem. This is not a good controller for the controller throwers or in my case just smacking the controller with my other hand.
Ferdi R.
Key Biscayne, FL
I have two PS4 controllers: 1 of them is perfectly fine and has never had a problem. The other one keeps having the R2 button come loose. Every few months, I have to take it to my friends house to change out the button it's very annoying, and time consuming, but I still love my PS4 and everything about it.

These controllers just fit in your hand naturally, about a month after buying my PS4 I played a PS3 game at my friends house and that controller already felt weird in my hands and outdated.
Brittney L.
Dallas, TX
I've used wiimotes, xbox 360 controllers, xbone controllers and this is still my favorite controller. It's very comfortable in my small hands and I can game for hours with no cramps. I took 1 star away because I believe the battery life could be better. It'd be nice if there was an option to completely turn off the light because I'm pretty sure that's what drains the battery fast. The light is really only useful to me if I have friends over so they'll remember which controller they're using.
Ashley B.
This is the standard controller that comes with the ps4. There are different controllers you can get that come in different colors or designs but this is just the standard black controller. If you want to, you can order customized skins to add to it if you want to give it some color. I wanted an extra controller I choose this one and so far it works great and the price is reasonable.
chenessa h.
Standard controller. Nothing to really complain about is it durable for those days you are getting kicked around by a 13 year old and you are questioning all your life choices. And u can connect your headphones right into the controller if you need to be quiet. It feels very comfortable and natural to use like the previous versions.
Darby F.
Danville, KY
I love these new controllers. Just the feel of them is an improvement to the DS3. The LED is adorable but I do think it wears on the battery life. I'm a pretty clumsy person so they are obviously tough still. I will never buy an off-brand PS controller because they just don't add up to the Dual Shocks that Sony makes
Chelsea G.
Shippensburg, PA
Hubby loves it I don't; its to big for my hands as a girl I cannot get into it like he can... I prefer the xbox one controller myself personally & I play any & every game that hits the shelf on either console that I see that looks interesting from E3
Stephanie W.
It's always good to have spare controllers on hand for multiplayer games or if the battery dies. These Sony controllers work well and are wireless but can also be used while plugged into the console. The battery life when charged is okay.
Mo P.
Provo, UT
Very durable, sleek and works well. Obviously with gaming some people get upset and throw things (cough cough my husband) and these controllers have stood up against bashing for almost a year now. There aren't even any scratches on them!
Lisa S.
Merced, CA
Its an improvement over the PS3 controller. It is the perfect size and is comfortable to hold. I like the blue light. The thing that i have to say though is that it does not hold a charge long enough. I would recommend this controller.
Sonia R.
Is it worth getting 2 if i live alone?
Michael R.
Park Ridge, IL
This controller feels very comfortable in hand but do you feel like they could've made the touch pad maybe easier to reach rather than have to extend your thumb and almost take your hand off the controller to use it?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Gamer Expert
Who has it??? Do you like?
Alexander S.
Bothell, WA
I received a DS4 as a gift about 3 years ago for PC gaming (works great!). My roommate just got a PS4 and I noticed that, on her DS4, there's an extra light bar on the front if the touch pad. It got me wondering; Are there any major differences to the controller that would warrant an upgrade?