Sony Bmg canada Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison (Legacy Edition) [Long Box]

Personnel: Johnny Cash (vocals, guitar); Carl Perkins (vocals, guitar); June Carter Cash (vocals).Additional personnel: The Statler Brothers. Want to hear part of the reason why Johnny Cash is an icon, a singer respected and influential in country, folk, and rock & roll? THIS is it! In 1968-one of the most tumultuous years in American history since the Depression years-Cash recorded an album live in front of a (literally) captive (but wildly appreciative) audience, in Folsom Prison. With two guitars, bass, drums, and a small vocal group (including Cash's wife June Carter Cash and the Statler Brothers), Cash sings his hits and lesser-known songs ("Send a Picture of Mother") and some haunting country standards ("Dark as a Dungeon"), as well as songs about REAL outlaws ("Cocaine Blues") to a rapt audience that hangs on every word. That boom-chicka-boom sound is sharp as the first mean wind of winter, and Cash is in fine fettle (though his voice cracks from time to time). With its unique setting, this is as harrowing an album as any ever recorded. see more...

RosaMaria P.
Portland, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I never really liked listening to country until I heard Johnny cash. The lyrics can be funny, harsh and real. My favorite song on this CD is 'Folsom Blues'. Great vocals, that raspy voice always gets me.i would recommend this cd if you don't really like country but you want to try to understand the genre, If you want something fresh. No matter the years or how he passed away. Rest in peace,
Johnny. His music and this cd will live forever.
Maribel M.
If you like music you must like Johnny Cash, as a true music lover I am not tied to a specific genre. Most people who call themselves music lovers will only listen to specific genres and that is not what a true music lovers does. Limiting yourself from artists like this is definitely missing out on great music. From the first time I heard Johnny Cash I was hooked, his style is unlike any other and the truth and soul in his music is amazing.
Brittney G.
Greenville , SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The impact of Johnny Cash's proto bad-boy on country, blues, and rock is inestimable, which doesn't even speak to the fact that the man is a great entertainer. If you are a serious music fan, your musical education isn't complete without Live At Folsom Prison.
This isn't a singles record, this is an album; you put it on to hear the whole thing. The performance itself is tight and structured, just like the venue.
Carly S.
Portage, PA
This Sony g Canada johnny cash- at Folsom prison is awesome. Is this is one of my favorite songs by johnny cash. Yes very interesting song. Yes very good vocals by Johnny cash. Yes it's a must listen.
Rosie B.
Brunswick, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love my Johnny Cash now. I have a cd in my car that I play off and on. He is the man in black! Excellent singer who worked hard to get fame and had his hard times as well. I really liked it when he went to the prison to play for the inmates, live at that. I really felt bad that his brother died when they were so young and then his father was so mean to Johnny Cash. #1 man singer to me.
Samantha T.
Murfreesboro , AR
Oh, the Man in Black. He's incredible. This song screams his name and oersonality. It always tales me back as if I had lived in the 60's. I love him ans His love for June
Maggie L.
Torrington, WY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I grew up on this music, and I love that we are hearing it again today on the radio and in commercial's. Seriously stirs up some good memories. No body sings it like this guy!!
Giana C.
Albany, NY
This is a good one from Cash. I like how he played for the prisoners at the prison he was in, and its funny how he treated the guards
Angela B.
Yakima Wa
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of the first times I heard Johnny Cash was at Folsom prison. He truly is a one of a kind artist. I love every song he ever sang
Gabriela G.
My dad loves his music so I grew up listening to his music. I've also his movie on him and I've really became a fan of his music
RosaMaria P.
Portland, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What's your favorite Johnny cash song?