BY SONY

LOVE & HATE is the 18 track release from Aventura. This import features three exclusives cuts unavailable on the American edition-"Cuando Volveras," "Envidia," and "La Guerra HSP."CD contains 3 bonus tracks. Aventura: Anthony Santos (vocals); Lenny 'Playboy' Santos (guitar); Max 'El Trueno' Santos (bass guitar); Henry Santos (background vocals).Additional personnel: Juan Carlos De Leon, Lismarys Cabrera (vocals); Danny Guira, Meme Guira, Fany Santos (spoken vocals); Eric 'Bori' Rivera, Wilmore "Bimbo" Franco (guitar); Ronnie Fernandez (keyboards); Jose Perdomo (congas); Leonardo Zapata Reyes (bongos); Enrique Terrero (guiro); Octavio Rivera (background vocals).For their third album, Aventura truly mix up styles, from Dominican bachata and meringue to R & B, pop, and hip-hop. While they want to appeal to the boy-band crowd (perhaps a little late for that, though), they certainly don't succumb to cookie-cutter syndrome on this disc. The arrangements are stripped-down, and often unusual, whether on the tortured "Hermanita" (about domestic violence) or the self-aggrandizing "Deja Vu." There's a definite sophistication to the compositions and production, which is all in the band's hands. And to show they really haven't lost their roots, there are two true meringues, "Pueblo por Pueblo" and "Me Voy," where they're backed by el Prodigio. There's plenty of interplay between the voices throughout, and even some reasonably convincing rapping on the hidden track, "Don't Waste My Time." This time out, it seems, they've built on the success of the breakthrough single from their previous album, in an attempt to win a wider audience - yet without selling out. It's a balancing act, but one that, for the most part, they carry off. Although it gets a little schmaltzy in places (as on "Papa Dijo") there's still plenty of grit left. And full marks for forging their own path, too. ~ Chris Nickson see more...

• What's your favorite Aventura song? 34 Answers
  • What do you think about this album guys? I love bachata14 Answers
  • Anybody else miss Aventura? I like Romeo but wish the gro...22 Answers
  • "They were really good together !!" in 1 review
  • "My ex sister in law took me to their concert and it was so much fun." in 1 review
Nikita T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Aventura were apart of my intro to bachata music. The drums, the lyrics and the mood created by this album are phenomenal. I would definitely recommend this album for anyone looking to dance bachata or looking for great Latino music!
Jasmin R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This band was very good in their prime. I swear I have most of all their songs in my old iPod. They were a good jam to dance too. Many songs were about love but they was always something different going on too. Their stories were very vibrant and hit you right at the heart. Totally recommend to those feeling nostalgic or lovey dovey.
Beatriz R.
Worcester, MA
I love this group sooooo much! Reminds me of my childhood dancing in the room with my stepsister. One of our favorite albums we put the radio on so loud. We would sing our lung out until my dad would yell at us to put the music down. Lol
Reina S.
Fleetwood, PA
Adventure is one of the best groups of bachata there was back in the days. I would recommend anyone to listen to their music cause jonmatter how old the song is it's still so good. Great music for dancing I'll tell you that much
Fanny J.
San Diego, CA
I love Aventura, even more I love Romeo Santos. Every single that he drops, I buy!!! My son and me clean the house to this album and all other aventura albums. Makes me happy and want to dance every time. So much feeling!!
Elvia H.
Burlington, NC
I have no words to explain how amazing they are. I grew up with this music. Almost all their songs are my favorite. Romeo is a great singer. Brings back a lot of memories. I 150 percent recommend this.
Jessica P.
Best bachata music ever. A Ventura makes you fall in love with every word they sing. Such great music to dance to or just sing along in the car. No one will ever compare to Aventura, ever. Kings of bachata!
Ana D.
Farmville, NC
Honestly if you don't absolutely love and now every one of these songs lyrics and you're hispanic/ bachata lover get out lol IF you've never heard of Aventura get to know them. YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE 😍😍😍
Arely B.
Aurora, IL
Best album ever! This music group is amazing. I love the songs and their lyrics. I think anyone would like it. If you like tropical music it different type of music give this a chance. This is a must!
Alana J.
Jamaica, NY
Best album ever! When I was teen this was my favorite Spanish boy band! There songs made me feel like I was falling in love! And even tho I didn't understand much Spanish it was great!
Erika G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone know why they broke up or separated?
Sofia C.
Acworth, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does any one else misses them being together. ???? i think they should do a "One last Ride" concert together. i would go in a hart beat.
Nikita T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What's your favorite Aventura song?
Tanya H.
Mission, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone wish for them to get back together and continue making great song!? I sure doo!!
Adiana P.