BY SONY

You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements. Thanks to the large 20.1 megapixel APS-C sensor size and Sony Exmor APS HD CMOS technology, the camera achieves high resolution and DSLR quality images with no penalty in low-light sensitivi,20.1 MP Exmor HD APS sensor. Convenient Power zoom lens w/ motor zoom lever and body control,A convenient zoom lever on the body of the camera allows for effortless one-handed operation and smooth zooming even when shooting self-portraits, bringing compact camera convenience to the realm of interchangeable-lens models. The a5000s tiltable LCD screen flips up 180 to make shooting self-portraits a snap. Include other people, experiment with interesting angles or shoot against famous landmarks. When you press the shutter, the camera does all the work, Beautifully composed self-portraits made easy. Record stunning high quality Full HD video class=footnote Link>4 in either 60i or 24p frames per second. Records in your choice of 60i/24p Blu-Ray quality AVCHD format class=,Full HD 1080/60i/24p or 1080/30p MP4 movies class=footnote Link>4. Built-in pop-up flash in a compact camera body is perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot. Combine with high ISO sensitivity - from 100 to 16000 ISO - to enable shooting in just about any setting, Low light situations not a problem. Auto Object Framing fills the frame with your subject, Give your photos a professional look with Auto Object Framing. Featuring advancements like exceptional two-person portrait capability along with Face Detection and Tracking Focus, Auto Object Framing not only turns ordinary photos into stunning compositio. Compact, easy-to-carry PZ 16-50mm kit lens, For the ultimate in portability, the a5000 includes the collapsible 16-50mm power zoom (SELP1650) as the kit lens. Ideal when traveling or anytime a compact, lightweight camera-combo is desired. Picture Effect modes, The a5000 includes 17 effects that can be applied to photos see more...

• What kind of protection did you get for this camera and w...2 Answers
  • I'm looking for a good camera to take makeup product pics...3 Answers
  • How do you like this camera? Great to film YouTube videos...1 Answers
Brian H.
Los Angeles, CA
A decent camera for the price. You get access to Sony's impressive e-mount lens ecosystem and an easy to use interface. However, you might as well save a little more and buy an a5100 or an a6000 depending on your needs. The a5100 is an incredible little vlogging camera and the a6000 is a much better stills camera at only a slightly higher price point. If you get a good deal on this camera, then by all means go ahead and pick one up. But if you're planning on paying close to current retail pricing, skip this one and buy the a5100 or a6000.
Amy W.
Fort Worth, TX
I had been searching for the right camera for year, and this one is just perfect. Super lightweight, high quality photos, and an amazing value. The small size makes it perfect for traveling, and the wifi capabilities make it so easy to transfer photos to my phone.
Amanda S.
North Bergen, NJ
BEST CAMERA EVER! I love how lightweight it is and how the lenses can be switched. The flip over selfie screen is what sold me. This camera is perfect for blogs and everyday use!
Anne G.
Sacramento , CA
I first herd about sony's cameras through instagram and YouTube! Everyone was raving about it and I had to try it myself. I wanted clear picture quality with background blur for my IG makeup page
Samantha W.
Henryetta, OK
This is a super nice camera, it takes really clean and clear photos I absolutely love this brand, it's not to expensive either highly recommend
Nicole L.
Halifax, NS
In love with this camera. I personally have the black one but it’s one of my best purchases. It’s so easy to take everywhere compared to other DSLRs you may buy. The quality is incredible and it picks up audio well when filming. The best part is the wifi transfer. Within minutes you can send pictures from your camera to your phone and post them. Quick and easy to use.
This is a picture I took with it at my cottage on the weekend. The quality might look a bit off because when you upload photos sometimes it effects it
Dee S.
OMG well im in love. This camera is amazing. Any make up addicts out there looking to get amazing quality snaps of their work, this is the one for you. Its a selfie camera, lens zooms in good and close, blurred background option. And comes in black also
Esraa Z.
Can't wait to get one for my youtube channel and my instagram as I do drawing tutorials and art talk videos 😍😍😍💟 it will be on the top of my dream list this year 💙
Farheen A.
Haven't laid my hands unto this camera but this looks so damnn fine. Best quality. Best lens. Best picture resolution. Best pixels. Best size. Portable. Kind of affordable but worth the money and if i get a chance i would for surely recommend it to the whole world while shouting with full confidence. Sony Alpha a5000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm OSS Lens
Christine s.
Chula Vista, CA
I’ve tried other professional quality cameras in the past and this one is my favorite. I love that it takes such amazing photos while being so compact and portable.
Kailey W.
Oviedo, FL
I'm looking for a good camera to take makeup product pics of for Instagram but my apartment has the worst lighting possible so I need a high quality camera. Would this work or should I look for a different camera?
Paola M.
San Diego, CA
Ive been wanting this camera for a while and i inow there is the a5100 and the a6000, but is there any huuuuge difference between the three? Other than the price and maybe the quality of the pictures.
Kendra B.
How is this camera for recording YouTube videos?
Ayame S.
Brooklyn, NY
What kind of protection did you get for this camera and where did you get it?
Jasmine D.
San Diego, CA
How do you like this camera? Great to film YouTube videos? Great for vlogs? What would you consider the best feature?