BY SONY

You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements. Thanks to the large 20.1 megapixel APS-C sensor size and Sony Exmor APS HD CMOS technology, the camera achieves high resolution and DSLR quality images with no penalty in low-light sensitivi,20.1 MP Exmor HD APS sensor. Convenient Power zoom lens w/ motor zoom lever and body control,A convenient zoom lever on the body of the camera allows for effortless one-handed operation and smooth zooming even when shooting self-portraits, bringing compact camera convenience to the realm of interchangeable-lens models. The a5000s tiltable LCD screen flips up 180 to make shooting self-portraits a snap. Include other people, experiment with interesting angles or shoot against famous landmarks. When you press the shutter, the camera does all the work, Beautifully composed self-portraits made easy. Record stunning high quality Full HD video class=footnote Link>4 in either 60i or 24p frames per second. Records in your choice of 60i/24p Blu-Ray quality AVCHD format class=,Full HD 1080/60i/24p or 1080/30p MP4 movies class=footnote Link>4. Built-in pop-up flash in a compact camera body is perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot. Combine with high ISO sensitivity - from 100 to 16000 ISO - to enable shooting in just about any setting, Low light situations not a problem. Auto Object Framing fills the frame with your subject, Give your photos a professional look with Auto Object Framing. Featuring advancements like exceptional two-person portrait capability along with Face Detection and Tracking Focus, Auto Object Framing not only turns ordinary photos into stunning compositio. Compact, easy-to-carry PZ 16-50mm kit lens, For the ultimate in portability, the a5000 includes the collapsible 16-50mm power zoom (SELP1650) as the kit lens. Ideal when traveling or anytime a compact, lightweight camera-combo is desired. Picture Effect modes, The a5000 includes 17 effects that can be applied to photos see more...

• What kind of protection did you get for this camera and w...2 Answers
  • I'm looking for a good camera to take makeup product pics...3 Answers
  • How do you like this camera? Great to film YouTube videos...1 Answers
Holly L.
Irvine, CA
love my camera! it's a great starter for vlogging and the picture quality is so clear. Really easy to use and love that it has wireless transferring to upload photos and videos to phone or computer. Lightweight and comes with a strap and usb chord to charge and plug into computer
Tamara F.
I started blogging and needed a camera to really capture everything gorgeous that I saw in my beauty products. I debated on getting the a5100 and even the a6000 but there's wasn't a big difference in the quality of still pictures or use of the video for blogging. My pictures are gorgeous in daylight and even at night. It charges quickly and easily, no need to take the battery out. I like the ability to switch lenses which I plan on buying another very soon. The best thing is that I can easily transfer pictures and videos to my laptop and iPhone with the built in wifi. I definitely recommend this camera completely. Sony knows what they are doing here.
Jessica J.
Chicago , IL
I absolutely love my camera. I am a makeup artist/ beauty blogger and I bought this camera for taking pics of my work and filming. I was initially attracted to the affordability of this camera but I'm so glad to have ended up with an awesome camera that takes high quality pictures. This camera is wifi enabled and I have the ability to upload directly from my camera which is a huge plus for me . The battery life is great and it charges quickly . This is a great camera for the price and I recommend it to beginners or anyone looking for quality and affordability. My one and only drawback is that the camera is a bit heavy in my opinion.
Samantha s.
Franklin, TN
Love this camera to take all my selfies and my outfit of the days! I love that I can can film all my makeup tutorials with this as well. Yes it's kind of expensive but it's worth the money!!
Semaria S.
Memphis, TN
Wondeful mirrorless camera. Perfect for travel photos. Smaller that most dslr cameras but gives just as great photos. I love the app which can be used to send photos right from camera to phone
Nicole C.
Martinsburg, WV
This is my favorite camera by far! It takes amazing photos and perfect 1080p videos for my YouTube channel. At first I wasn't sure but the more you learn it and figure it out you can take beautiful photos. I use it for my makeup looks. For the price it is defiantly worth it for all the stuff you can do and the quality! Really nice made.
Laura S.
Bremen, Ga
I got this camera for Christmas and I LOVE IT!! This is my first camera that I have actually really wanted and wanted to learn more about. It takes such good quality pictures. I currently have the lenses that the camera comes with on it, but I am interested in getting the bigger/longer lenses. I love how lightweight this camera is and it is not bulky. I love how I can just put it in my bag and whip it out whenever I want to capture a good memory. Would HIGHLY recommend this camera.
Peggy A.
Maricopa, AZ
This was my first fancy camera. I wanted a camera that is able to take photos in a dimmed light as my friends and I love to go out for dinners and want to capture our moments together. A point and shoot camera usually not able to do that without using the harsh flash feature. I'm able to take great photos with this.
Daniela A.
Coral Gables, FL
So glad I got this camera! I love it for what I do. I take pictures of products and I also make videos for YouTube. It has great quality it's portable and it has wifi so you can use your phone as a remote or send the photos straight to your mobile phone. I'm obsessed!
Sarah H.
This is an amazing mirrorless camera at a great price. I love the fact that the screen flips to the front. It is also wifi enabled so you can send photos to your phone with no hassle. I just wish it had a hot shoe for an external flash
Kailey W.
Oviedo, FL
I'm looking for a good camera to take makeup product pics of for Instagram but my apartment has the worst lighting possible so I need a high quality camera. Would this work or should I look for a different camera?
Paola M.
San Diego, CA
Ive been wanting this camera for a while and i inow there is the a5100 and the a6000, but is there any huuuuge difference between the three? Other than the price and maybe the quality of the pictures.
Kendra B.
How is this camera for recording YouTube videos?
Ayame S.
Brooklyn, NY
What kind of protection did you get for this camera and where did you get it?
Jasmine D.
San Diego, CA
How do you like this camera? Great to film YouTube videos? Great for vlogs? What would you consider the best feature?