BY SONY

You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements. Thanks to the large 20.1 megapixel APS-C sensor size and Sony Exmor APS HD CMOS technology, the camera achieves high resolution and DSLR quality images with no penalty in low-light sensitivi,20.1 MP Exmor HD APS sensor. Convenient Power zoom lens w/ motor zoom lever and body control,A convenient zoom lever on the body of the camera allows for effortless one-handed operation and smooth zooming even when shooting self-portraits, bringing compact camera convenience to the realm of interchangeable-lens models. The a5000s tiltable LCD screen flips up 180 to make shooting self-portraits a snap. Include other people, experiment with interesting angles or shoot against famous landmarks. When you press the shutter, the camera does all the work, Beautifully composed self-portraits made easy. Record stunning high quality Full HD video class=footnote Link>4 in either 60i or 24p frames per second. Records in your choice of 60i/24p Blu-Ray quality AVCHD format class=,Full HD 1080/60i/24p or 1080/30p MP4 movies class=footnote Link>4. Built-in pop-up flash in a compact camera body is perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot. Combine with high ISO sensitivity - from 100 to 16000 ISO - to enable shooting in just about any setting, Low light situations not a problem. Auto Object Framing fills the frame with your subject, Give your photos a professional look with Auto Object Framing. Featuring advancements like exceptional two-person portrait capability along with Face Detection and Tracking Focus, Auto Object Framing not only turns ordinary photos into stunning compositio. Compact, easy-to-carry PZ 16-50mm kit lens, For the ultimate in portability, the a5000 includes the collapsible 16-50mm power zoom (SELP1650) as the kit lens. Ideal when traveling or anytime a compact, lightweight camera-combo is desired. Picture Effect modes, The a5000 includes 17 effects that can be applied to photos see more...

• What kind of protection did you get for this camera and w...2 Answers
  • I'm looking for a good camera to take makeup product pics...3 Answers
  • How do you like this camera? Great to film YouTube videos...1 Answers
Michele P.
Bayonne, NJ
I purchased this out of the blue one day and it’s been the best purchase i ever made. I love photography & this is a great camera to have! It’s pretty expensive even though the newer ones have come out. But well worth it
Karmela O.
Spring, TX
I bought this because I have an upcoming gender reveal party. I had a DSLR however I do not have it with me anymore. I wanted a handy camera at the same time can take a very good quality picture. I wanted to buy something that is in trend -- which is the mirrorless camera -- I think, This is for the beginners -- who wants to learn the basics of photography or for the people who are fond of point and shoot. I am not a fan of the layout of the buttons however it works just fine. I did not buy this in it's full price because I think it's not worth it for $400-$500 price point. I got it for $350ish (with tax) at Best Buy. I waited and waited till they released it in this price. Anyway, The downfall of this camera is the screen. I would return it for the quality of lens -- FORREALS! -- however I badly needed a camera and I believe this is the best one for my budget. I would suggest for you to get the Sony A5100 instead of this, but if you have a budget -- this camera good enough. I am not a professional photographer, I am just a fan of taking good pictures. I am still learning and this camera works just fine.
Danielle F.
Wilcox, NE
I can never recommend this camera enough. It's amazing, and well worth the money. It's perfect for newbie photographers like myself, or even more experienced photographers. It has wi-if capabilities, amazing presets, and a pretty good battery life (as long as airplane mode is turned on). I can't wait to purchase more lenses for it, I'm hoping to get a good macro lens. :)
Marie H.
Plainwell, MI
Starting off this is my first vlogging and filming camera for my YouTube videos. I love the flip up screen since I can’t afford to purchase a monitor and don’t know how to. The sound quality is pretty decent, I think it’s a great starting camera. My only complaint is ease of adjusting settings, specifically it has trouble focusing in on objects and people. I’m looking for more of a blurred background and have tried everything to no avail really. All in all for the price it’s decent but I’d recommend going for the canon g7x or something similar.
James M.
Racine, WI
Great camera with good iso the only down side is no hot shoe and no external audio that is the only reason I upgraded to a new camera. This camera is very good for vlogging and is now very affordable. I would recommend getting a warranty for it if you do buy it.
Ayame S.
Brooklyn, NY
I've been wanting a camera for suuuuch a long time, and I've been putting up with just my phone camera, but I feel like that wasn't enough...
I don't really know how to use a camera like this, but it's all part of the adventure! I would recommend this to everybody.
Amanda L.
For the price, this camera is great. With the flip screen, it's perfect for vlogging or selfies! The camera produces great clear photos and I love the ability to send the photos to my phone immediately via WiFi. For videos, the auto focus is pretty great so it would be great for YouTube videos or vlogging. Can't wait to buy more lenses for this camera!
Kimberly M.
Bronx, NY
This camera takes high quality pictures, especially for the price. I bought this to take selfies of my makeup and for when I start blogging. I'm not a professional photographer but I can definitely say that this camera is for beginners. It's not hard to use. The screen might be an issue to others but I would highly recommend this or the Sony a5100.
Bunseng K.
Long Beach, CA
It's so rare to find a camera that take high quality pictures for a good price! I got this as an early birthday present! From what I know the price of the camera cost around $325! Which is a good deal! The quality, is amazing. It's Wifi certified, you can even take selfies, with a built in flash, and it comes with a lens, it's 20.1 Mega pixels! Did I mention you can take HD videos, its Full HD 1080! This kit comes with a rechargeable battery pack, battery charger, body case, and an MC protector! What I love most about the camera is that it works with an app PlayMemories, we're you can upload pics and video through the app, it automatically saves the pictures and videos! One of the best product ever! I high recommend this product!
Catherine Y.
If I could give this 10 more stars I would! This. Camera. Is. The. Best! I have been in the market for a good point and shoot that is easy to travel with but also has the photo quality. The selfies screen flip up is the most useful thing ever. It also has wifi so I can instantly and easily transfer my photos to my phone and send it to my friends. It's so convenient!! Plus the camera looks great. The interchangeable lens allows for personalization and change in image type and quality. Most importantly, for a photography newbie, it is so easy to use. I could never understand all the mumbo jumble of the Canon DSLRs. And believe me, I tried. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this camera. It has come with me on so many trips and events. Worth every penny.
Paola M.
San Diego, CA
Ive been wanting this camera for a while and i inow there is the a5100 and the a6000, but is there any huuuuge difference between the three? Other than the price and maybe the quality of the pictures.
Kailey W.
Gainesville , FL
I'm looking for a good camera to take makeup product pics of for Instagram but my apartment has the worst lighting possible so I need a high quality camera. Would this work or should I look for a different camera?
Kendra B.
How is this camera for recording YouTube videos?
Ayame S.
Brooklyn, NY
What kind of protection did you get for this camera and where did you get it?
Kemmy D.
Tigard, OR
Are you able to change the lense ? If so how did it work out?