by Sony

20.1MP Exmor APS-C sensor, DSLR-quality, Wi-Fi connectivity to smartphones via NFC, BIONZ X processing engine, up to ISO 16000, 180degree tilting LCD screen Full HD 1080/60i/24p video, built-in pop-up flash, 4 FPS shooting

Is this camera easy to use? My fiance and I are looking for an easy to use, good photo quality, everyday camera.
Start your review of Sony Alpha a5000 20.1 Megapixel Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera w!
netcong
I love all Sony cameras it’s amazing for everyone it’s easy to take with you everywhere. It frame rate is a bit sluggish for me my Sony a77 camera’s frame rate is an astonishing 12 frame. I would recommend this camera it so easy to use and the photos are amazing.
I like this camera. I bought it because I love to travel and take pictures. This is much lighter than a lot of cameras. The pictures are very good but looking to upgrade soon.
Dallas
Perfect sized camera! my friends love when I take pictures of us on this because somehow it just makes people look so good! Really great quality photos for the price of this camera! I will definitely repurchase in the future. Also easy to use for someone with minimal photography experience!
Elmhurst, NY
For the price, this camera is amazinggg especially for someone who's just starting to vlog. I was lucky enough to buy this camera when there was a discount and have been using it religiously for every event or outing. The quality is great for daylight but is extremely grainy in low light. The flip screen is definitely the game changer, no more having to guess whether or not I'm in focus. Upload quality the camera isn't great so if you want better quality pictures, I would invest in something else.
Boise , ID
Techie Expert Level 2
I use this camera for my vlogs and may even use it to film on camera tutorials too . I don't know much about cameras but I heard a lot of things about this one and decided to look into it and purchase one . It's worth the price
Phoenix, AZ
Techie Expert Level 1
I bought my Sony a5000 during Christmas in 2015. I use it mainly for video recording on YouTube and for photos when I'm on vacation. It's a decent camera it does what it's meant to do take pretty nice pictures. One of the first digital cameras I've owned where your able to change the lens to a higher or lower mm that's not a dslr camera. The video quality out put is good but not the best. It does have the ability to out put 1080 hd. The Mic on this camera is the best on the market to date it picks up every sound, even better than the dslr cameras that are in the 1000 dollar range. The one thing that I really don't like on this camera is the fact that I can never really seem to get great color tones indoors no matter what type of lighting I use or setting my face on my vlog is always a different shade or color. There is an upgraded version to this camera which is the a6000. But I will stick with the a5000 till I can afford a dslr. Overall not a bad camera for the price but there is better. It all depends on what your using it for. I wouldn't recommend for a professional photographer.
BRAZIL, IN
Techie Expert Level 1
A good DSLR that isn't too bulky! You can also buy different lenses. I use it to film without having the technology to hook it up to my laptop so the little screen that flips is perfect! The Wi-Fi part is super helpful when trying to do reviews, a quick snap with the camera and you can easily transfer them to your phone, edit, and post!
Fremont, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
i think it's a great camera for the price i paid. at the time, i wasn't looking to spend so much extra for the higher models and i just wanted a good camera that was easily portable. i've since regretted not having the ability to attach my own flash, since the flash it comes with is quite useless. but i love that i was able to switch out the lens from the stock one and get better pictures with this camera!
4 stars because I agree screen resolution could be better. You do not loose quality of pictures from that though so keep that in mind. My favorite feature is the ability to share from my camera to my phone immediately using the Sony app. I will use this for many years and I definitely recommend!
My husband bought this camera on sale at best buy for $300. There's nothing i could find to complain about this camera. It's so light, pictures come out so clear and I can send the pictures directly to my ipad from the wifi capability.