BY SONY #5 in Digital Cameras

Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera: 24.3 megapixel resolution with high-quality still images and video recordings Featuring 1080p Full HD Movie Recording, Face Detection Technology, Optical Image Stabilization Sony E-Mount 16-50mm lens Equivalent to a 24-77mm lens on an analog camera 3.0" TFT LCD touchscreen Featuring Brightness Adjustment, Graphical User Interface, color TFT LCD screen Built-in flash with Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-In Flash, Auto On/Off and Slow-Sync Flash Additional Features: 1 SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo/Memory Stick XC-HG Duo memory card slot (memory card not included) Rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to 400 shots ISO Modes: Auto, 25600, 12800, 6400, 3200, 1600, 800, 400, 200, 100 File Formats Supported: EXIF, RAW, XAVC S, AVCHD, JPEG, DCF, MP4 4.38" x 2.5" x 1.44"; 7.9 oz Compatibility and Warranty: Compatible with PC or Mac 1-year limited manufacturer warranty What's in the Box: Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera Sony E-Mount 16-50mm lens Battery, charger and microUSB cable Lens cap Shoulder strap To see a list of our Camera Accessories, click here. Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here. see more...

• Would thos be a good camera to use for long videos ? such...6 Answers
  • Worth the money? I've been shopping for a camera, and whi...2 Answers
  • Is this the best camera for selfies?2 Answers
Katie E.
S Wilmington, IL
I love this camera! I use this for making beauty videos, vlogging and picture taking. AMAZING quality and I love that the screen flips so you can take the perfect selfie
Xitlale L.
I want this camera I have looked it up and compared prices from other stores and online I really want to get it because it's much smaller and it's a really good camera and it has the selfie flip part
Stephanie S.
In the world of YouTube videos and nearly-professional selfies, this camera is genius. It includes a flip-up "selfie display" which allows you to see what your selfies look like while taking them. Great to set up on a triPod and use the remote function to take shots for my beauty Instagram account...because I have a good idea of what silly faces I'm making, or if I'm completely in the shot as I'd like to be.

I also love the wi-fi feature which allows you to transfer your photos wirelessly to your phone. SO much better than sticking your memory card into your computer and transferring via cable, email or other application.
Thaynara C.
I like this Sony brand, I already had several electronics with this brand and were surper useful, a few days ago my friend bought a camera of this and she loved the quality of the photos.
Brook F.
Great camera if you have proper lighting equipment. Images aren't always clear but that's probably an error on my part. Doesn't take videos longer than 30 minutes before it overheats
KORR-A K.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera with 24.3 Megapixels and 16-50mm Lens Included more...
Have used this camera and do like it quite a bit. It is a little sensitive though in my opinion and easy to break, so don’t drop it! But great for vlogging with wonderful quality.
Lisa M.
Seaford, NY
I wanted a DSLR camera for my trip and was recommended the Sony a5100. I liked that it was small and light compared to other DSLR cameras. Changing the settings in the camera is so easy, so there wasn't really any complications with learning how to use it. I especially love that the LED screen can be flipped so that it's easy to take selfies. Pictures and videos come out crazy clear and crisp. The NFC transfer to my smartphone makes it so easy for me to send pictures from my camera to my phone for easy upoad to my social media accounts. So far my only complaint is that Sony has you download their program so that you can edit your videos, and it's very confusing and time consuming.
Gabriela R.
Cloverdale , CA
Compact, HD quality, Simple to use, Flip Screen, WiFi enabled, and Mirrorless are the things that sold one. I did a ton of research before purchasing and I am very happy with my purchase. This isn't a DSLR so it's not the same quality and the battery life is less, but it has many other benefits. This camera is not for filming at long periods of time as it can overheat easily. I enjoy filling small snipets of my day and taking pictures to upload to my instagram.
La'Quisha Y.
Lynchburg, VA
I've heard a lot of great things about this camera and have been thinking about buying it. The reason I want this camera is because the flip up screen and heard I can send my videos straight to my phone since I don't have a computer but I also heard that it tins to overheat then turn off. I do YouTube videos and was wondering have anybody had this problem with the camera ? should I buy this camera to do videos on?
Joanne D.
Syracuse, NY
I purchased this camera in October of 2015. I did a lot o research and decided to go with the 5100 vs the 6000 that SONY offers. I love the flip LED screen to be able to see yourself to make sure you are in frame. The camera settings for images and movies make if very easy to take amazing pictures as well as video. I also like the phone app you can install to be able to control the camera from your phone.
Mari  P.
Would thos be a good camera to use for long videos ? such as vlogging or youtube videos
Karlie M.
Grand Valley, ON
I've been eyeing this camera for a while now and have done a fair amount of reaserach.. but also noticed they have new models... I have absolutely no knowledge on cameras so i was wondering is the a5100 is a good choice or to wait and buy the new one? Is there much of a difference?
Sarah V.
Is it worth the price?
Briana M.
Fresno, CA
I have been considering buying this camera but I don't know much about it and would love some feed back from those who have this camera.
Jackie R.
Seabrook
Would you recommend this camera for vlogging and making YouTube videos?