BY SONY #6 in Digital Cameras

Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera: 24.3 megapixel resolution with high-quality still images and video recordings Featuring 1080p Full HD Movie Recording, Face Detection Technology, Optical Image Stabilization Sony E-Mount 16-50mm lens Equivalent to a 24-77mm lens on an analog camera 3.0" TFT LCD touchscreen Featuring Brightness Adjustment, Graphical User Interface, color TFT LCD screen Built-in flash with Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-In Flash, Auto On/Off and Slow-Sync Flash Additional Features: 1 SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo/Memory Stick XC-HG Duo memory card slot (memory card not included) Rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to 400 shots ISO Modes: Auto, 25600, 12800, 6400, 3200, 1600, 800, 400, 200, 100 File Formats Supported: EXIF, RAW, XAVC S, AVCHD, JPEG, DCF, MP4 4.38" x 2.5" x 1.44"; 7.9 oz Compatibility and Warranty: Compatible with PC or Mac 1-year limited manufacturer warranty What's in the Box: Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera Sony E-Mount 16-50mm lens Battery, charger and microUSB cable Lens cap Shoulder strap To see a list of our Camera Accessories, click here. Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here. see more...

• Would thos be a good camera to use for long videos ? such as vlog...5 Answers
  • Would you recommend this camera for vlogging and making YouTube v...3 Answers
  • I am wanting a travel camera to toss in my bag as... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Jet.com
Crystajlove
Dallas , TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I have this camera and honestly I wasted my money. I don't use it at all it's very hard to understand the settings on this camera. Even just to take pictures it's just too hard. But I do like it to record videos on it's great for that but to get the settings good for pictures it's horrible. I'm only giving it 3 stars.
Brittney S.
THE BEST CAMERA EVER. You can bring it anywhere because it's not too bulky & it takes amazing pictures & videos. If you love selfies like myself you can actually flip the screen up to see yourself as you take the picture or video. It's pricey but well worth the money
Rachel C.
Knoxville TN
Techie Expert Level 1
I take my Sony mirrorless with me everywhere I go. It blew away my expectations. It's the perfect size for traveling and takes beautiful photos. It has many high tech features that I'm still learning about, the wifi is a plus as well. I would recommend this camera to any photographer looking to expand their selection of cameras - especially for traveling.
Kristina R.
This is an AMAZING camera! I use it for vlogging and filming YouTube videos. It has great HD quality and I like that you can change the lenses. The only con I have is that this camera overheats easily so you can't film for a long period of time or be in hot temperatures. Sometimes I will be filming for 20 mins and the camera will stop recording because it says it's internal temperature it too hot and I need to let it cool down. This is a common issue I have seen other's also have with this camera.

I did a lot of research before buying this camera and so far have been happy with it (have owned for 6 months and use weekly). I chose this particular model over the A6000 because even though this one had a few less features, it had a flip screen. The A6000 does not! So if you are going to want to be able to see yourself when filming or taking pics go for this one over the A6000 model.

Go to my YouTube channel if you want to see the quality of filming this camera does (watch videos from Jan 2016+ the ones before that were filmed on a different camera) channel name is Kristinareiko.
GIRRL S.
Laguna Hills, CA
Hands down, this camera saves my life. I'm a professional photographer and I still carry this little baby around with me at all times just in case I need it. Lugging around my DSLR was so annoying but this takes GREAT photos that I can send directly to my phone for social media sharing. A LIFE SAVER.
Victoria M.
Techie Expert Level 1
This camera is amazing for people who vlog. Its a 16 megapixels camera which is really good. I can say I went to Best Buy to get one, and I came back a month later & the live went up. So if you plan on getting this camera I would get it then and there cause the price keeps going up. But besides that is an amazing camera!
Momna A.
Avenel, NJ
Techie Expert Level 1
I already own the Nikon D3100 and the Nikon D7200 DSLR cameras, but was on the look out for a small travel-sized camera to take on vacation with me. I have had bad experiences traveling with my DSLRs in the past because they are so big and touristy, plus no one from my family ever helps me with carrying them. I am either stuck lugging their weight around all day long while everyone else enjoys hands-free or if I leave them at the hotel, I'm stuck with bad phone-quality photos from my amazing trips. I wanted a mirrorless camera and since I have had good experiences with the Sony camera quality in the past, I decided to give this one a try. I was intrigued by the flip-up selfie screen and all the other cool features this camera features. I love that the flash can be manually bent upwards towards the ceiling to bounce the flash for better photos. I also love the battery life and overall quality of the photos. I would def recommend this to everyone in need of a small-but-mighty camera.
Zari S.
Henderson, NV
Techie Expert Level 1
This camera is my life! It has wifi and you can hook your phone up to it to create a remote to snap photos. Instantly upload to your phone. The screen flips up so you can see how your photo look when taking a selfie. It's clear and not heavy at all! I purchased mine in Amazon.
Brianna E.
I love this camera! I did a lot of research before buying my first camera and this one hit every aspect that I was looking for. It's great on price and I love that it has a flip screen so you can see you're self taking a picture or vlogging yourself.
Katie E.
S Wilmington, IL
I love this camera! I use this for making beauty videos, vlogging and picture taking. AMAZING quality and I love that the screen flips so you can take the perfect selfie
Karlie M.
Grand Valley, ON
I've been eyeing this camera for a while now and have done a fair amount of reaserach.. but also noticed they have new models... I have absolutely no knowledge on cameras so i was wondering is the a5100 is a good choice or to wait and buy the new one? Is there much of a difference?
Mari  P.
Would thos be a good camera to use for long videos ? such as vlogging or youtube videos
Sarah V.
Is it worth the price?
Briana M.
Fresno, CA
I have been considering buying this camera but I don't know much about it and would love some feed back from those who have this camera.
Irene G.
leganes
I have been thinking to buy a smaller camera for a while ( i have a cannon eos). Does it have a good quality and a variety of lenses to work with? Thanks