BY SONY #8 in Digital Cameras

Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera: 24.3 megapixel resolution with high-quality still images and video recordings Featuring 1080p Full HD Movie Recording, Face Detection Technology, Optical Image Stabilization Sony E-Mount 16-50mm lens Equivalent to a 24-77mm lens on an analog camera 3.0" TFT LCD touchscreen Featuring Brightness Adjustment, Graphical User Interface, color TFT LCD screen Built-in flash with Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-In Flash, Auto On/Off and Slow-Sync Flash Additional Features: 1 SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo/Memory Stick XC-HG Duo memory card slot (memory card not included) Rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to 400 shots ISO Modes: Auto, 25600, 12800, 6400, 3200, 1600, 800, 400, 200, 100 File Formats Supported: EXIF, RAW, XAVC S, AVCHD, JPEG, DCF, MP4 4.38" x 2.5" x 1.44"; 7.9 oz Compatibility and Warranty: Compatible with PC or Mac 1-year limited manufacturer warranty What's in the Box: Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera Sony E-Mount 16-50mm lens Battery, charger and microUSB cable Lens cap Shoulder strap To see a list of our Camera Accessories, click here. Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here. see more...

• Would thos be a good camera to use for long videos ? such as vlog...5 Answers
  • Would you recommend this camera for vlogging and making YouTube v...3 Answers
  • I am wanting a travel camera to toss in my bag as... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Walmart*
Mamiposa26® M.
Brighton , CO
Review for: Sony a5100 Mirrorless Camera with 24.3 Megapixels and 16-50mm Lens Included more...
I love this sony a5100! it is my go to camera for vlogging and for pictures! I love that it has a smoothing skin feature as I have acne scars and it diminishes the appearance of them. I the only thing I will say is that it is a camera that you really have to baby or else it will stop working. i have broken 2 lenses just by bumping into something. the lens doesn't break per say but it does stop working for some reason. and it over heats with just 15 min of constant filming. FYI other that that I do like it a lot!
Karla E.
Chula Vista , CA
Totally love this camera. Works so good. Pictures come out super clear and professional. I use it every time. Also great for recording if your a vlogger. Has a flip screen which is perfect for selfies. Really light and compact fits in most bags. Simple to use.
Jessica P.
Fairport , NY
This camera is my gift crush this Christmas! Takes awesome photos even in low lighting. The screen flips 180 degrees for perfect selfies! 24.3 mega pixels, for comparison cell phone cameras usually are around 16 mega pixels.
KORR-A K.
Los angeles, CA
Have used this camera and do like it quite a bit. It is a little sensitive though in my opinion and easy to break, so don’t drop it! But great for vlogging with wonderful quality.
Victoria M.
Techie Expert Level 1
This camera is amazing for people who vlog. Its a 16 megapixels camera which is really good. I can say I went to Best Buy to get one, and I came back a month later & the live went up. So if you plan on getting this camera I would get it then and there cause the price keeps going up. But besides that is an amazing camera!
Jess R.
Woodbridge , VA
Almost every beauty guru owns this camera and that is how I came across it. The quality is amazing for both photo/video. It is very easy to use. My favorite part about it is that it has a flip screen so I know exactly what I'm filming or taking a picture of. The only two things that I dislike is how "sensitive" this camera and the lens is. I dropped it once and my lens was done and I had to take my boyfriends lens (thankfully he had a spare) so you have to be extremely careful with this camera. The other thing that I don't like is the noise that it makes due to the two little things that it has on the side but you can always find a way to work around that. I've even used tape sometimes! Lol
La'Quisha Y.
Lynchburg, VA
I've heard a lot of great things about this camera and have been thinking about buying it. The reason I want this camera is because the flip up screen and heard I can send my videos straight to my phone since I don't have a computer but I also heard that it tins to overheat then turn off. I do YouTube videos and was wondering have anybody had this problem with the camera ? should I buy this camera to do videos on?
Caitlin K.
Love love love my camera. It is super easy to use... very user friendly. My favorite thing about this camera is the PlayMemories. Basically what you can do is send the photo from your camera to your phone. The camera has it's own wifi so all you do is connect to it and then open the app. The photos instantly save to your phone. It is so much easier than taking out the memory card and then putting them on your phone.
Samantha L.
Houston , TX
Techie Expert Level 1
This camera was my first "professional" camera I have bought and I have to say it is amazing. The quality is absolutely amazing, I love that I can have a screen to look at while I take photos to see myself.

My only issues are that #1. It over heats after a few minutes of taking video.
#2. The flash covers the "selfie" screen when taking selfies (but you can use your finger to move it out of the way).
#3. I cannot get my camera to send my photos to my phone via Bluetooth
Tiffany H.
Newark, Nj
Techie Expert Level 2
I find that this camera is not user friendly. I'm not saying that this is a bad camera, but it takes a while to get a hang on it. I love the smoothing aspect that it has and I love the fact that it's so portable. But this model has been discontinued and I would personally wait for the newer model, or for the price to drop.
Karlie M.
Grand Valley, ON
I've been eyeing this camera for a while now and have done a fair amount of reaserach.. but also noticed they have new models... I have absolutely no knowledge on cameras so i was wondering is the a5100 is a good choice or to wait and buy the new one? Is there much of a difference?
Mari  P.
Would thos be a good camera to use for long videos ? such as vlogging or youtube videos
Sarah V.
Is it worth the price?
Briana M.
Fresno, CA
I have been considering buying this camera but I don't know much about it and would love some feed back from those who have this camera.
Irene G.
leganes
I have been thinking to buy a smaller camera for a while ( i have a cannon eos). Does it have a good quality and a variety of lenses to work with? Thanks