Sonos SONOS PLAYBAR Soundbar & Speaker

by Sonos

HdTVs offer an amazing picture but often lack the powerful, realistic sounds that movie, music, and gaming enthusiasts enjoy. The sonos playbar wireless soundbar delivers sophisticated home theater acoustics and wirelessly streams all the music on earth through one streamlined, easy-to-use soundbar. Playbar connects to your tv using a single optical cable and plays everything that s connected to the tv, including cable boxes and game consoles. Control playbar volume and mute using your existing tv, cable or universal remote. And for streaming music you can download the free sonos controller apps for your smartphone, tablet or...

How do you think Sonos would compare to Bose? We are trying to decide which to get.
Start your review of Sonos SONOS PLAYBAR Soundbar & Speaker!
Lake Bluff, IL
This is mounted on the bottom of our tv and it has totally transformed our tv/movie watching experience. The sound is so clear and truly makes it sound like you have a surround sound system. The bar itself is very thin and looks great right under the tv! Very pleased!
Knox, IN
Techie Expert Level 1
Purchased at: Best Buy
This sound bar is amazing! We purchased it, along with 2 sonos play 1 speakers for surround sound, and a sonos sub woofer. The sound quality is unreal, and combined with our fancy tv, it really gives that movie theater experience. My husband originally purchased a Bose sound system. I had told him that I thought the Sonos sounded better at the store, but he thought the Bose did. However, he quickly changed his mind, after we had the Bose system for a week. He was not happy with it at all. So we exchanged the Bose system for the Sonos, and as soon as we got it hooked up, my husband told me that I was right, and that we should have gone with the Sonos system to begin with!!!
Summerville, SC
Pricey, but well worth it if you can afford it. Complete synchronization of your entire home audio. It pairs well with your TV, Cellphone, or iPad. Sonos is years in front of the competition, and although there are many products comparable there isn't anything better on the market.
Sunland , CA
Purchased at: Best Buy
We were looking high and low for a system that was compatible with our needs when we found this product. My husband is a musician and he was very particular about the sound system we purchased. This was a winner and continues to be so! We love the ease of use and connectability. Also, it’s got a clean and sleek design which fits well into our home.
Apex, NC
Techie Expert Level 2
Purchased at: Amazon
The sonos is absolutely amazing so much so I now have 2 sets (bar and woofer in the living room & bar, woofer and 2 small speakers in my bedroom). The sound quality is amazing. The bass is perfect and the sound bar fills the room. This is definitely an upgrade from the Vizio soundbar & woofer system we used to use. I would definitely recommend and have.
Crowley , TX
Techie Expert Level 1
We have two PLAYBARS for our tvs and 8 other SONOS speakers. We love being able to control the volume of our tvs and music from any room. The sound quality is excellent but the convenience of controlling sound from out iPhones, iPads and laptops is the best feature about the SONOS products.
Washington, DC
Sonos has a deeper richer sound compared to other premium speakers. The set up is is very simple. The great thing is the soundbar can be linked to other speakers which is perfect for you home theater. They are expensive but worth every penny.
Middlesex, NJ
I do love my playbar, however have had a couple problems with the sound cutting out. We contacted sonos and had to mess with some settings. It got better but then happened again. It is expensive and I do feel there are sound bars that are similar in the market for less, however I do love controlling from my phone and I can link it with all my speakers.
I bought the Sonos playbar along with the Play 1 speakers and the Sub. We use this system every day in our living room. It sounds amazing. The TV sound is great as well as just listening to music. Sonos integrates easily with most music streaming sites as well. The Android app is easy to use and allows you to connect to streaming sites, configure your system as well as select tracks.
Tampa, FL
We use the Sonos sound bar everyday in our living room. It sounds like a movie theater in our living room and we don't just use it with the TV we also use it to listen to music, radio and apps.