Sonos SONOS PLAY:1 Wireless HiFi System - Black

by Sonos

#20 in Speakers

Sonos play:1 is the newest member to the sonos family. no other wireless speaker packs so much deep, crystal clear hifi sound into such a compact design. Play:1 features two custom-designed drivers with dedicated amps for pitch-perfect music. its sleek, versatile design easily fits anywhere your home needs music and its humidity resistance means it will even work in the bathroom. play:1 s standalone hifi sound makes it amazing alone; or pair two play:1s together for immersive, true stereo sound. the sonos music system has a powerful wireless network that is 100% dedicated to streaming music. a single app lets you play your...

Is this the best speaker to start a Sonos collection with?
Is this system wireless? Or does it have to be plugged in?
Start your review of Sonos SONOS PLAY:1 Wireless HiFi System - Black!
How would you rate this product?
San Francisco, CA
A family member gifted me this wonderful speaker for Christmas and I am so pleased with it. Spotify had just sent me a Google home mini for free from being a premium member and Sonos SONOS PLAY:1 Wireless HiFi System - Black blows the Google mini out of the water. It connects to my spotify account without having to be on Bluetooth all the time, and the bass levels are so impressive considering it's size, which is maybe 3x the size of a Google mini. Highly recommended!
Pembroke
I love these speakers! The sound quality is AMAZING and it’s super easy to use! I can control my music through the Spotify app or the Sonos app. I would take these speakers over any other kind. They are an investment but they are SO worth it! The only problem is that they don’t have the ability to act as a google home and answer questions and commands.
Great sound. Super easy to take from room to room or even if you would like to travel with one or more. It connects to all the music apps I use but I wish there wasn’t a designated account for each Sonos system and depending on what device it was being used on you could connect through the music app accounts already on the device.
Wichita, KS
My husband and I both love Sonos. I love that I can have different songs playing on each speaker throughout the house. I would improve it in we have had some issues where if we play a song too loud sometimes it craps out and restarts. But it doesn’t happen to often to where I hate it or it hinders my enjoyment of the product.
im not sure why they say wireless - maybe mine are older that we have in the house (3) but ours are a few years old
all in all i like them , wish they were supported on more than one account to control music! other than that we loveeeeee them so much and will get more when we get our home
Galloway, NJ
My dad received a sonos player for Christmas and I was so impressed by the quality of the sound so I bought one as well. The only two problems are that it needs to be plugged in in order to work and it is hard to change wifi networks with it. I love that you can link multiple speakers together.
Monrovia, MD
Techie Expert Level 1
The sonos speakers are great because they are wireless and the sound is good. We use them to enhance the tv sound and used as computer speakers. If you move, you have to login and change the password. I dont know how to do that though so one of the speakers are unused.
The Sonos system is absolutely amazing. High quality sound that is incredibly easy to set up and use. We used to have other brands (I think maybe Sony and one other) and have gotten rid of all alternatives to upgrade the house. Very much worth the money!
Buellton, CA
I actually have the Sonos one that is Alexa enables, but I’m sure this speaker is great too. Sonos makes awesome products and the sound quality is incredible. They look nice and are worth the price! Totally recommend. Also come in a few color options.
Brooklyn, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
I have the version with Alexa and with this one small speaker my home became a smart home. With a voice command I turn everything on or off it is truly amazing. Totally recommend, got it at Best Buy, i price matched what they had on amazon. 5 stars