Sonicare Electric Toothbrush

Gentle, yet powerful clean is yours with the philips sonicare hx6511/50 easyclean rechargeable electric toothbrush. The sonicare electric toothbrush uses patented sonic technology to clean your teeth with up to 31,000 movements per moment, sweeping away residue and plaque and driving fluids between teach for an all over clean. The proresults brush head has extra soft rounded bristles that clean along the gum line, removing disease causing plaque. In addition, the quadpacer and smartimer functions gives you a reminder that encourages you to focus on each quadrant of the mouth for the recommended brushing time. Use your time...

How is this compared to Oral B?
Are the toothbrush heads replaceable?
HooW are electric toothbrushes ? How can they benefit from normal ones other than making us more lazy??
Start your review of Sonicare Electric Toothbrush !
Product Highlights
“I've noticed that my teeth are whiter (haven't done anything else to help with whitening) and instantly noticed how much cleaner my teeth feel!” in reviews
“The only thing I don't like about the toothbrush is that it is expensive to buy and the replacement heads are also expensive. ” in reviews
“Going from a regular toothbrush to a Sonicare, I will NEVER go back.” in reviews
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Sonicare Electric Toothbrush  uploaded by Élan B.
Purchased at: Costco
We LOVE SonicCare!! Prepare yourself, this is longer than my average review... ;) We've been using SonicCare since 2003, dentist recommended giving it a go for additional teeth health. We loved them straight away, and, even, noticed Whiter Teeth!! When we moved to New Zealand we had our Sonicare with us, in the 6mths we were there, the charging base started to kind bubble out due to over electric current from overseas outlets. We could still use it, but it was concerning to us, when it got too big. So, we switched to regular brushes again...about a year later, finally bought another set of Sonicare and got extremely gritty from the purchase, we were so glad to have Sonicare care, again. Personally, I've been told by dentist that I'm pretty *agressive* when I brush my teeth, and to just let the Sonicare do its job...which I'm working on...lol! These really are great brushes!
Aber Prov Grd, MD
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I've only used this product once and I'm already prepared to give it a 5 star rating. I've been using a cheap ~$10 oral-B electric toothbrush from Walmart for a few years now and decided to upgrade. This sonicare toothbrush is an insane difference. I turned off the easy start so that I could get the full effect and I'm thoutoughly impressed. It will vibrate your entire face it is so strong. The 2 minute timer is too short for me but I just run through the cycle twice, not worth taking a star off as this is personal preference and does not cause any trouble to use for more than one cycle. For $40 and a 2.5 year warranty I'm positive I will be happy in the long run. If it dies in 2.6 years (just after the warranty) I will feel like it was worth the money. If it stays alive that's even better. Great product. Go with this one since it has the lithium battery and the same power as the diamond toothbrush without unnecessary features.
Crown Point, IN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve had this toothbrush for years. My dentist and the hygienist often compliment on how clean my teeth are. They also recommend this toothbrush. This is the cheaper and I believe original model. As I stated, I have had it for years and no issues. Refill toothbrush heads are not too expensive when you consider how long they last. The blue color begins to fade and when it’s halfway you know it’s time to replace that head - very easy to do as it twists on and off. Only ding I will give is that I store it flat because the water dripping down seems to get into the head underneath. If this happened you’ll notice a smell and have to unscrew the brush and clean out the gunk that forms inside - really gross. But since I’ve been storing the brush flat and not on its base, it’s been less of an issue. I also hardly ever need to charge this - lasts such a long time. Despite that one issue, I highly recommend.
Trumbull
I switched over to an electric toothbrush about 6 months ago-- and I can't believe I waited this long. The difference in how clean my mouth feels from a manual to an electric brush is insane. When I have to use my manual toothbrush in a pinch, I feel like my teeth and mouth are not completely clean and will not be until I rebrush them. This electric brush leaves my mouth feeling clean and fresh-- it is gentle on teeth and gums while still doing a great job. With my manual brush, I was brushing too hard. With this electric-- you can't. I also feel like the brush heads have more life than a standard manual brush-- they don't get hard/bent bristles and the charge lasts a LONG time. I charge mine maybe once a week, if I remember. This brush is gentle while doing a more thorough job than a standard, manual brush.
Detroit, MI
We’ve had these for a few years now, they are still powerful, hold a good charge and clean our teeth very well. I don’t floss as much as I should (shhh, don’t tell my dentist), but I haven’t had any major cavity or gum issues since using this brush. Toothbrush heads can be a bit pricey, but you’re investing in something much more complex than a regular toothbrush. I wish the opening under where the brush head screws on would seal airtight - moisture and toothpaste tends to get trapped in there and gets pretty nasty unless you unscrew and clean it out regularly, even before you’re ready to replace your brush head. Other than that, I have no complaints!!
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This was a really hard review to put together! For starters, this toothbrush works fine. I never actually encountered any issues with its charging hub, wires or even the heads (both of brand and off brand). I actually really enjoyed my time with this toothbrush (around 2 years). My biggest complaint was that you need to keep the head and base separate so that it would completely dry and remain hygienic. I purchased a magnetic base for mine and my husband’s toothbrushes back when we had these still. It worked great after this but it was a nuisance that it had to be purchased after the initial purchase (these toothbrushes aren’t cheap!) just because water and toothpaste tends to get in every nook and cranny of these things. Sadly, I switched and never looked back. If they ever change the body or make the seal tighter, I may be tempted to give it another go..
This bad boy is the classic electric toothbrush in my mind. Larger than the more recent introductions to the market but packs a punch. I use it every day except for when traveling, as it’s usually a little big for when I travel light. If you’re using a non-electric toothbrush still, this is a powerful game changer worth considering. The downsides are replacement heads usually seem a bit pricy and there is a large hollow space where the toothbrush head meets the base that very quickly gets disgusting. It will collect water, spit, and a bunch of gunk. I aim to clean that part of the brush every couple weeks. I’ve had this toothbrush for probably about 4 years now. If I was in the market today, I might look for something sleeker but would probably be compromising on overall power.
Santa Monica , CA
Purchased at: Walmart
I decided to invest in an electric toothbrush after my dental hygienist told me I wasn’t doing a good enough job brushing away plaque along my gums. Sonicare was the first brand she recommended, and seeing good reviews for the brand online, I decided to try it. This product does a good job keeping my teeth clean without making them more sensitive. I also like that the brush heads are easy to replace and can be purchased separately. I plan on using a Sonicare toothbrush for years to come.
Saint Charles, IL
For years my dentist kept telling me to get an electric toothbrush. I always thought they were too expensive and wouldn’t make much of a difference. However, I was totally wrong! I love my electric toothbrush. It really works to clean those hard to reach places and does such a great job. I will never go back to a regular toothbrush! Also, you can purchase this for a reasonable price on Amazon! So if you don’t want to buy an expensive one from your dentist definitely check out Amazon.
Nashville, TN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I think that every person on this Earth blessed with teeth needs this toothbrush. Once I used this for the first time, I became addicted and spoiled. I don’t think I could ever use a normal toothbrush again. This toothbrush deep cleans your teeth with strong vibrations. It’s bristles are soft enough to not cause any pain (a little tickle haha) but sturdy enough to get in between for a flossing effect. My mouth doesn’t feel clean if this isn’t in my routine. Go out and buy this ASAP.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...