BY SONGPOP #69 in Apps

• Do you enjoy the selection of music they have? 32 Answers
  • Who else uses this app to refresh their memory on songs they need...10 Answers
  • What is your favorite play list?2 Answers
SongPop
  • "I don't ever have as much fun playing against someone I don't know but it is still a very fun game and i recommend if you are into music to try this game out." in 275 reviews
  • "i love this game i learn new things from it everyday this game is cool i tell me friends about it i play it all the time it so much fun " in 143 reviews
  • "It plays a clip of a song and gives you options to guess which song is playing, its really fun and a good challenge if you're playing in a genre you dont know particularly well. " in 126 reviews
  • "i use to love playing this game.I really never play it anymore i think i even deleted this game because i needed the room on my phone and i found a new song game " in 71 reviews
  • "very competitive game especially when you have a group of friends that are playing along with you there are some categories that have some songs I didn't know but after playing a while you get familiar and also a great way to surf memory lane with some old songs" in 59 reviews
Allie S.
GAP, PA
This is a fun game, but I find that I don't play it as much as I used to. I feel like it could have a larger variety of songs, that there were too many repeats, and therefore frequent players have an advantage. There were also occasional glitches that caused pauses, which is a problem. I play this in phases. I got it for free!
Christina P.
Techie Expert Level 3
SongPop is a fun game where you can test your music abilities and your memory skills. If you love music and want to be tested, this is a fun game for you. I used to play this game when I would get bored and it was entertaining and yet satisfying. I recommend to all music lovers!
Kara E.
La Mirada, CA
Techie Expert Level 2
SongPop is great fun! I really enjoy testing my music knowledge. Each player hears a clip of music from a particular category and must guess the title or artist before their opponent does. You and your opponent alternate choosing the music category. The more you play, the more categories of music you have to choose from. My friends who dare to challenge me in Modern Rap or Punk, are rewarded with a return challenge from Disco or the 50s collection. Whatever your music taste, you'll find something here!
My only criticism is that some of the music clips have either inferior sound quality or were perhaps recorded by imitators. This makes it a bit more difficult to guess the clip, but since everyone has the same handicap, it does not really diminish my rating, or enjoyment, of the game.
Amanda O.
Bronx, NY
Techie Expert Level 2
This is a really entertaining game. It has so many different categories to choose from. you can connect your facebook account to save your progress. It gets to be a bit challenging when you don't know a good amount of songs, but it is a great way to learn about other music you may like.
Sosha D.
Hoxie, AR
Song Pop is a fun and entertaining game where you hear a short clip of a song from a specific genre and you compete to guess that first with your facebook friends. There are several genres to choose from in a very broad range including categories such as Pop, Metal, Tv Theme's, 70's hits, Ska and so much more. There is a category for almost everyone, so one is almost certain to find their niche. The more you play, the more categories you unlock. And if you just can't wait to unlock all those fun categories that you want, you can pay a small amount for coins to purchase extra categories (I'm guilty of being impatient and paying for some extra categories myself.)

There are a couple downfalls to Song Pop that keep me from giving it an A. Sometimes, they will reply the same songs during the week and often during the same day. So if you happen to have a friend who plays Song Pop very often, it can be impossible to win against them because they are already familiar with the clips and can choose the answer before you've even heard the second note. I think this could be solved by the program keeping track of what clips you've already heard and making sure not to play those as often to keep fairness in the mix.

The second downfall is there does not seem to be a category for the specific genre of music I listen to. I do understand there are an infinity amount of music genres out there these days and that my genre is not the most popular out there, but the game would be a million percent more fun if my favorite songs were added to the game. Still there are some fun songs in the game, and the majority of people are going to find their favorite genres. They do add new genres all the time and I am awaiting the day I get to see how well I know my favorite songs.

Another neat thing about Song Pop is after each round, you are given links to each song. I know so many times during games I will hear a song clip and not remember what it is called or where to get all those clips. All the Song Pop songs can be found on the same website and you are reminded of all the songs at the end so you can feel free to click on them then, or write them down for later.

I'd also like to point out that the device you play the game on can have a heavy factor in who wins if you both know your songs very well. This may have more to do with the device than the game,but it is something for Song Pop to look in to, and for the customer to consider if they plan on going for a trophy in the game against their friends, country, or the world. I have found that the Iphone is much, much faster than a computer. A desktop computer processes your answer faster than a laptop (I am not sure why). And an iphone processes the answers more quickly than an android. Again, probably more to do with devices, but it is a downfall when dealing with a game where 0.01 seconds can determine whether you lose or win a battle.

Overall, I recommend giving Song Pop a go. It's a great game for all ages and is especially fun for music lovers and those who like social games and interacting with others in competition form. I really wonder if Song Pop will making some sort of board game with a dvd or cd perhaps in the future, so it could be played at parties. I think that'd be fun. Dibs on royalties for the idea? haha ;)
Christine S.
Millsboro, DE
Well this game isnt addicting at all... (Sarcasm). I love this game! Great time passer and more depending on how far into the game you get sucked into! If you love music, this game will definitely keep you entertained. You can play with friends or compete in online parties (tournaments) against lots of people! Guess songs for hours from many genres, tv shows etc. Highly recommend!!
Heather W.
Techie Expert Level 2
I've been hooked on this game since someone introduced me to it. I've find so many songs I've forgotten about or never heard. I'm a music nerd, so this game is perfect for those who are passionate about music. Not exactly for learning, but a really fun app that I got for free. I can remember how I played this back and forth with my friends! It's simply guessing the title of the song you hear, and you can compete with friends. Some songs have mature lyrics-depending on what category you choose.
Ron M.
Menifee, CA
I was peer pressured into playing SongPop by my brother, after weeks of him sending me request on facebook and eventually even calling me and telling me to accept his challenge. I like music but I don't live music and have never been very good with remembering song names or even band names. And forget about lyrics, I can sometimes remember the chorus but that is it, if I'm lucky. But I do like music regardless of my terrible music memory lol.

Anyway, after finally giving in, and accepting the challenge from my brother, I found I really did like it. And I did much better than I ever through I would. Of course it helps to have multiple choice but a good amount of the songs I was able to peg down pretty quick. I ended up playing back and forth with him many many times as well as sending out a ton of challenges of my own. They were smart when developing this game to make you want to keep going and the social aspect keeps the challenge going back and forth. I even had a lot of fun playing with total strangers that were available to match up with.

I never payed for the membership thing to upgrade but my brother had so I guess I got some of his benefits when playing with him. It's definitely not needed to have fun but for those that want the extra, I think you get your monies worth...at least my brother is happy with it.

Overall a fund game even if not a huge music fan.

Ashley T.
Techie Expert Level 1
I love this game. I haven't played in a while but when I did it was so much fun. great game for anyone who is into musical games.  I used to play on Facebook and it is very easy to find. I wish they had an app on the phone. if they do I want to play it on my phone.
Emily H.
Fort Worth, TX
I used to play this game all the time when i would get bored , i like that you can choose categories  and can play with friends or random people, i give it 3 stars cus some thing u have to be a VIP member for and have to pay do do certain things
Gladys A.
Is this a good game to play
Vanessa G.
Is this an "addicting" game?
Amber B.
Raceland, LA
What is your favorite music category to play? I like Love Songs and 80s.
Amanda M.
Do you hate it when you click the wrong choice when you KNOW the correct answer?
Megan M.
newton , KS
What's the one category that makes you cringe when it pops up?