- "I don't ever have as much fun playing against someone I don't know but it is still a very fun game and i recommend if you are into music to try this game out." in 275 reviews
- "i love this game i learn new things from it everyday this game is cool i tell me friends about it i play it all the time it so much fun " in 143 reviews
- "It plays a clip of a song and gives you options to guess which song is playing, its really fun and a good challenge if you're playing in a genre you dont know particularly well. " in 126 reviews
- "i use to love playing this game.I really never play it anymore i think i even deleted this game because i needed the room on my phone and i found a new song game " in 71 reviews
- "very competitive game especially when you have a group of friends that are playing along with you there are some categories that have some songs I didn't know but after playing a while you get familiar and also a great way to surf memory lane with some old songs" in 59 reviews
My only criticism is that some of the music clips have either inferior sound quality or were perhaps recorded by imitators. This makes it a bit more difficult to guess the clip, but since everyone has the same handicap, it does not really diminish my rating, or enjoyment, of the game.
There are a couple downfalls to Song Pop that keep me from giving it an A. Sometimes, they will reply the same songs during the week and often during the same day. So if you happen to have a friend who plays Song Pop very often, it can be impossible to win against them because they are already familiar with the clips and can choose the answer before you've even heard the second note. I think this could be solved by the program keeping track of what clips you've already heard and making sure not to play those as often to keep fairness in the mix.
The second downfall is there does not seem to be a category for the specific genre of music I listen to. I do understand there are an infinity amount of music genres out there these days and that my genre is not the most popular out there, but the game would be a million percent more fun if my favorite songs were added to the game. Still there are some fun songs in the game, and the majority of people are going to find their favorite genres. They do add new genres all the time and I am awaiting the day I get to see how well I know my favorite songs.
Another neat thing about Song Pop is after each round, you are given links to each song. I know so many times during games I will hear a song clip and not remember what it is called or where to get all those clips. All the Song Pop songs can be found on the same website and you are reminded of all the songs at the end so you can feel free to click on them then, or write them down for later.
I'd also like to point out that the device you play the game on can have a heavy factor in who wins if you both know your songs very well. This may have more to do with the device than the game,but it is something for Song Pop to look in to, and for the customer to consider if they plan on going for a trophy in the game against their friends, country, or the world. I have found that the Iphone is much, much faster than a computer. A desktop computer processes your answer faster than a laptop (I am not sure why). And an iphone processes the answers more quickly than an android. Again, probably more to do with devices, but it is a downfall when dealing with a game where 0.01 seconds can determine whether you lose or win a battle.
Overall, I recommend giving Song Pop a go. It's a great game for all ages and is especially fun for music lovers and those who like social games and interacting with others in competition form. I really wonder if Song Pop will making some sort of board game with a dvd or cd perhaps in the future, so it could be played at parties. I think that'd be fun. Dibs on royalties for the idea? haha ;)
Anyway, after finally giving in, and accepting the challenge from my brother, I found I really did like it. And I did much better than I ever through I would. Of course it helps to have multiple choice but a good amount of the songs I was able to peg down pretty quick. I ended up playing back and forth with him many many times as well as sending out a ton of challenges of my own. They were smart when developing this game to make you want to keep going and the social aspect keeps the challenge going back and forth. I even had a lot of fun playing with total strangers that were available to match up with.
I never payed for the membership thing to upgrade but my brother had so I guess I got some of his benefits when playing with him. It's definitely not needed to have fun but for those that want the extra, I think you get your monies worth...at least my brother is happy with it.
Overall a fund game even if not a huge music fan.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos