Something Borrowed  uploaded by Gabriella M.

BY SOMETHING BORROWED #79 in Books

• Is borrowed and blue with the same characters? 6 Answers
  • Did you like the book or movie better?17 Answers
  • I work nights dispatching, is this a book that can be put...3 Answers
Something Borrowed
  • "Emily Giffin's characters were easy to relate to and had me nodding my head and giggling at the life of a young woman that could easily be me or one of my friends." in 20 reviews
  • "that the uber popular girl doesn't always end up with the man of her dreams ..loved the follow up book to something blue...light easy reads...good for an afternoon read by the pool or on the beach" in 13 reviews
  • "This whole series she wrote is so fun and I don't know how you won't love Emily Griffin if you read this." in 6 reviews
  • "It's a good read for any time of the year (but I suggest it as a beach book, since it's an easy and quick read and it's not too emotionally heavy) I spent most of this book disliking Darcy a whole lot, and that didn't really change throughout, as I think it may have for some people." in 6 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed thins book, it was easy to follow and I found I could relate to certain characters." in 6 reviews
Dani M.
Orlando, FL
This is one of my all time favorite books! It’s such a cute and relatable storyline. The characters are definitely easy to love and hate all at the same time, and your opinions are bound to change about every single one of them before the book ends. It’s easy to read and makes you want to keep reading until the very end. I just love this book!
Gina L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I’m a huge fan of chick lit. But man, it’s hard to like Emily Giffin books. Her protagonists aren’t really likable to me. I want to root for the protagonist but she makes it so hard to! I think there are better books out there to be honest.
Brooke B.
Emily Giffin had already been in my good authors list after reading "Heart Of the Matter" but she just added to her good writing capabilities after reading this book. She's an amazing author that puts hard situations into good reading !! Love it!
Adriana V.
I really like some of Emily Giffin's book but man is it hard to root for the protagonist in this one. She is self-indulgent and whiney, and frankly not a very good friend. All in all, I spent the whole time I read the book screaming in my head that she should tell her friend and be honest. Very frustrating read.
Belle B.
Matheny , WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I had such a love hate relationship with this book. I loved the plot but I hated Darcy. But somehow this author by the end of it made me sympathize with her. Incredible writing honestly such an unbelievable author.
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I was on vacation at a Caribbean All-inclusive that happened to have a pretty decent selection of novels and magazines for its guests. This is where I stumbled into Emily Giffin’s Something Blue and read it in one seating. And from this point I was hooked on Emily Giffin’s novels and read them all but Something Borrowed, since I thought that it basically was the same story than Something Blue, but told from a different point of view.
I’m pretty bummed that it took me so long to read Something Borrowed, because I really liked it, even more than Something Blue. I felt it was easier to relate to the main character, Rachel, than to her “BFF” Darcy (the main character of the other book, Something Blue). And by “relating” I don’t mean “approving” Rachel’s behavior. I felt I could understand what she was going through and her finally realizing that to win some, you also have to be prepared to lose some.
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
This is one of my favorite romantic novels! Emily Giffin is a genius. This book follows the story of two best friends and a fiancé, and the drama that goes on between them. It's funny, entertaining, interesting and romantic all in one. You'll fall in love with all of the characters and you won't be able to put it down. It's the perfect length and such a good read. There's also a movie AND sequel if you can't get enough!
Rachel C.
Bryant, AR
This was the first Emily Giffin book I ever read. I loved it so much that I went out and read all of her other books as well. The characters are relatable. I found myself frustrated with them, laughing with them, and crying with them. I highly recommend this book!
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Like so many other current novels, Something Borrowed focuses on good looking, successful, fun, and somewhat outrageous women in Manhattan looking for true love. The similarity to these other books ends there, as Something Borrowed explores an illicit relationship from the perspective of the woman having an affair with her best friend's fiance.
Rachel is a transplant from Indiana, unhappily employed in NYC as an associate at a law firm. Her best friend, Darcy, is engaged to marry one of Rachel's friends from law school. Darcy is the perfect girl--pretty, vivacious, always gets what she wants, although somewhat petulant and demanding. Just a few months before the wedding, Rachel has a one night stand with Darcy's fiance that develops into a full fledged love affiar.
Emily Giffin treats what could be an awkward topic with respect and empathy for all the characters. Although Darcy is at times portrayed as a stereotype, most likely to be a better foil for Rachel's good girl persona, the reader is also treated to Darcy's sense of fun and loyalty. This is a remarkably well written first novel, and one that I highly recommend.
Jess K.
Mineola, NY
When I was really into books the way I would buy them was based on how the cover was designed which I know you shouldn’t judge. I am a visual person so I think that’s why. But Emily giffin is such a great author and I have read a few books by her and loved them all. Something borrowed was such a great book and the movie was just as good. High reco.
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Did you like the book or movie better?
Rebecca N.
deep river, ON
What is your favorite book by this author?
Jenny D.
Did you enjoy the book more than the movie ?
Andrea C.
Pomona, CA
Where can I find this book and is it in a series?
Erika W.
What other Emily Giffin books do you like?