Something Borrowed  uploaded by Gabriella M.

BY SOMETHING BORROWED #58 in Books

• Is borrowed and blue with the same characters? 6 Answers
  • Did you like the book or movie better?17 Answers
  • I work nights dispatching, is this a book that can be put down an...3 Answers
Something Borrowed
  • "Emily Giffin's characters were easy to relate to and had me nodding my head and giggling at the life of a young woman that could easily be me or one of my friends." in 20 reviews
  • "that the uber popular girl doesn't always end up with the man of her dreams ..loved the follow up book to something blue...light easy reads...good for an afternoon read by the pool or on the beach" in 13 reviews
  • "This whole series she wrote is so fun and I don't know how you won't love Emily Griffin if you read this." in 6 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed thins book, it was easy to follow and I found I could relate to certain characters." in 6 reviews
  • "It's a good read for any time of the year (but I suggest it as a beach book, since it's an easy and quick read and it's not too emotionally heavy) I spent most of this book disliking Darcy a whole lot, and that didn't really change throughout, as I think it may have for some people." in 6 reviews
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
I was on vacation at a Caribbean All-inclusive that happened to have a pretty decent selection of novels and magazines for its guests. This is where I stumbled into Emily Giffin’s Something Blue and read it in one seating. And from this point I was hooked on Emily Giffin’s novels and read them all but Something Borrowed, since I thought that it basically was the same story than Something Blue, but told from a different point of view.
I’m pretty bummed that it took me so long to read Something Borrowed, because I really liked it, even more than Something Blue. I felt it was easier to relate to the main character, Rachel, than to her “BFF” Darcy (the main character of the other book, Something Blue). And by “relating” I don’t mean “approving” Rachel’s behavior. I felt I could understand what she was going through and her finally realizing that to win some, you also have to be prepared to lose some.
Mariateresa T.
Marietta, PA
Awesome book! I read it from start to finish, as well as Something Blue. They even made a movie out of the books. Its an awesome story, that you would never think could happen in life, but the words put the image in your head and makes you feel your living the story.
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
This is one of my favorite romantic novels! Emily Giffin is a genius. This book follows the story of two best friends and a fiancé, and the drama that goes on between them. It's funny, entertaining, interesting and romantic all in one. You'll fall in love with all of the characters and you won't be able to put it down. It's the perfect length and such a good read. There's also a movie AND sequel if you can't get enough!
Kelsey T.
San Jose , CA
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I really enjoy Emily Giffin's books, I love how each is a stand alone, but also ties into each other. You shouldn't WANT to like the plot of this book, but you can't help but find yourself rooting for the main characters.
Amber S.
Cameron, NC
I loved this book. It reminded me so much of my own best friend and i that i thought it was actually quite pathetic. I love the movie too. It actually took my over halfway through the book to realize that it was one and the same. I had seen the movie before reading the book which is almost never the case
Rachel C.
Bryant, AR
This was the first Emily Giffin book I ever read. I loved it so much that I went out and read all of her other books as well. The characters are relatable. I found myself frustrated with them, laughing with them, and crying with them. I highly recommend this book!
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Like so many other current novels, Something Borrowed focuses on good looking, successful, fun, and somewhat outrageous women in Manhattan looking for true love. The similarity to these other books ends there, as Something Borrowed explores an illicit relationship from the perspective of the woman having an affair with her best friend's fiance.
Rachel is a transplant from Indiana, unhappily employed in NYC as an associate at a law firm. Her best friend, Darcy, is engaged to marry one of Rachel's friends from law school. Darcy is the perfect girl--pretty, vivacious, always gets what she wants, although somewhat petulant and demanding. Just a few months before the wedding, Rachel has a one night stand with Darcy's fiance that develops into a full fledged love affiar.
Emily Giffin treats what could be an awkward topic with respect and empathy for all the characters. Although Darcy is at times portrayed as a stereotype, most likely to be a better foil for Rachel's good girl persona, the reader is also treated to Darcy's sense of fun and loyalty. This is a remarkably well written first novel, and one that I highly recommend.
Ali K.
Wentzville, MO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I love Emily Giffin! All her books are just easy and fast reads and this book was no different! I love how the some of the characters in her books interwine and you may not like them in the beginning, but you end up falling in love with them. This book is definitely a must read! You will not be able to put it down after reading!
Jessica R.
Marenisco, MI
I bought this book at Barnes and Noble after seeing the movie and it's pretty different from the movie. I love the storyline and the characters are very relatable. It's a must read for women who feel like they're not good enough.
Nicole P.
Syracuse, NY
I love this book along with every other book by this author. Great characters, great plot, and a great sequel (which in my opinion is usually hard to find), and it was turned into a great movie! I usually don't reread books, but I would consider reading this one again.
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Did you like the book or movie better?
Rebecca N.
Deep river, ON
What is your favorite book by this author?
Jenny D.
Did you enjoy the book more than the movie ?
Andrea C.
Pomona, CA
Where can I find this book and is it in a series?
Erika W.
What other Emily Giffin books do you like?