BY SOLE SOCIETY

DISCOVER, SHARE AND CURATE Sole Society allows you to discover the latest trends, share your personal style, recommend shoes to friends, and follow the curated collections of top fashion insiders. see more...

Sole Society
  • "love there products but customer service was not so kind when i asked for a refund because of a tear i had found on the item i purchased" in 29 reviews
  • "I ordered 2 pairs of shoes because of a promo and because I was being a little indecisive about which ones to get, because I loved so many, my promo code wouldn't work once I was ready to place my order so I got worried and quickly chatted with the online customer service rep." in 24 reviews
  • "I also am not a fan of their monthly charge system, but otherwise they sell really cute shoes that are worth a purchase if you have a discount code :)" in 22 reviews
  • "I saw an advertisement for Sole Society on one of my friend's Facebook because you could get $25 off your first pair of shoes." in 18 reviews
  • "Target sells the same shoes as Sole Society ,only cheaper and if you have a Red card you also get free shipping.I got the $25 Influenster complimentary coupon in my Holiday VoxBox and passed on this deal." in 12 reviews
Haleigh T.
Conway
The OTK boots are fantastic and stay up! I love them because they are classy and not too trendy. They are comfortable and don’t rub blisters with the first wear! I’ll definitely shop here again and would recommend to all!
Linette F.
La Verne, CA
I am very fortunate in being able to have 95% positive experiences with companies, brands and most of their products. Very rare is the time where I receive a product that exhibits manufacture defects or was delivered to me is less than prime condition (aka:New). These companies want to flaunt with pride that their product is the best and this is why they send it to me so I can then echo the same, if I AGREE.

Well, I have my first real ugly Disagree! I love Influenster (www.Influenster.com) because they introduce me to great items that I would have not tried in the past just because I was unaware of their existence or had zero connections with them in the past, so I had no idea if they were good or bad. Being stuck in that unknown middle is not a nice place so I like when companies shake me and make me sway towards a Yay or a Nay!

I give Sole Society a Nay! It's that clear, that black and white. I ordered a pair of Black leather heels using their code for $25 off, with tax making the total $38.01. I checked every source out there from on-line to brick and mortars and no genuine leather pair of pumps (that was pretty) was available for that price point. In my research, I noticed Sole Society is featured on Nordstorm's site so that seemed like a good sign. I associate good quality and excellent service with that company. I did some googling and I find that Sole Society is pretty much a "spin off" from Hautelook, which again is another Nordstorm connection. I place my order for the heels they have named Cameron.

Well, Cameron was ordered on Sunday (1/06 after 10:00 PM) after I think I even tired myself debating it. I get a shipment notice with a tracking number, plus a delivery date of Tuesday, January 8th. Wha...? Now, that is QUICK service. UPS driver and his wonderful brown truck pulls up and I was online so my husband gets the package. He kindly opens it up and I hear from the kitchen, "Dang, this shoe box has seen better days". My response, "seriously, how bad....I don't keep shoe boxes so let me know how the heels are". I hear some paper and then silence. Now, a few seconds passing when it comes to something like this seems like minutes so I just know he took TOO LONG to say something. I start speaking and I hear, "Babe, these shoes are used....but like REALLY USED". I stop what I am doing and we meet half way. I will make it short and clear, these should have never been accepted as a return in that kind of shape and then resold. The girl that walked in these heels should stick to sneakers because not only are they scuffed on the sides and front, but on the back of one of the heels. Each heel has a sticker with what seems to be the model number (just a theory). Cameron is model number 7B/37 and on the right shoe, the sticker has been "walked off". You have that sticky smear where the sticker came off and everything on the floor/ground stuck to it. It gets worse, one of the heels has the foot (rubber bottom) glued on crooked. Um, I know whoever abused these shoes and then had no shame to return did not do that, that is a manufacturer defect! The shoes have glue spillage where the upper joins the sole and there is an unknown stickiness to them in spots. I just convinced myself it was soda (don't make me think about it). Nonetheless, the deep wrinkles in the leather from walking, the asphalt pits on the bottom of the heel, and all the damage pictured.....these shoes were accepted as a return and then RESOLD as brand-new to a new customer. I was buying shoes, not renting them! Not only is this not sanitary by any means but truly disgusting when I see two other post on Sole Society's Facebook page with other clients getting the same and even worse than I did.

I am a "fix it" kind of person and it's not my business where the shoe fell with Sole Society when it comes to returns. If it's the return's department obligation to check this......well, you know when employees are slackers! Thank goodness I did not purchase one of their "Final Sale" pairs because that is how their BOGO sale worked. The site states, Free Shipping and Free Returns" with no asterisk (*) but be advised that if you return a pair and want a REFUND to your credit card, well there is a re-stocking fee of $7.95. Now, you can always waive getting back the real money you used and opt for a Sole Society credit, and only then do you not get charged a restocking fee. I was not paying a restocking fee after I received used and dirty product, nor was I playing the back-in-forth game after seeing the manufacturer defects alone poor Cameron had.

I use their contact form and press enter to submit for it just to clear my text and not send anything. Don't you love that? I remembered to highlight and hit "copy" before hitting the doom button, thankfully. I sent a direct e-mail and the following day, I received a response. The e-mail apologized for the "mutilated" shoes, (representative's words...not mine). Great service and quickly tells me there would be no re-stocking fee. I get a UPS label e-mailed and on Friday, January 11th, my Husband makes the trek to drop off the box (I appreciate it). I get a notice from UPS that the shoes will be delivered on Monday, January 14th and then another notice when the shoes arrived at their facility. On Wednesday, January 16th, my credit card reflects a credit in full!

If Sole Society could bottle up their Customer Service and sell it in a shape of a shoe....I would support them 150%! As we stand at the moment, whoever is accepting and selling USED shoes has got to (with a cherry on top) GO! I don't believe there is any malice from the company to do this because it is not smart business but it's purely disgusting to have a person or people that would allow such things to happen when you then have Customer Service shining like this. A waste indeed! I wanted to like Sole Society and Cameron, but it seems we were not meant to be.
Samantha P.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I have to be honest and start by saying I found my only pair of Sole Society shoes at a Goodwill store - but that isn't to say that I'm content with a subpar shoe style. These shoes are adorable and so comfortable. Perfect for an oxford style pair of shoes. I'm stoked to shop for more from this brand.
Shannon C.
Perris, CA
Sole Society has great designer shoes at affordable prices. Shipping is quick. I don't know if it's because I'm in the same state their shipping warehouse is or what. But if I place an order one day I will have it the next day. Now, I would have remained a loyal customer if it wasn't for their 'Connections Promo' they had in September 2012. For every 20 friends you connect with you'll get a free pair of shoes. I didn't matter if they were new friends or old friends, just as long as you were connecting to them. At the end of the contest everyone was told we would have their credits in 7-10 days. 10 days came and we were all sent an email stating because a few people used multiple accounts, we were all cheaters and would only receive 1 credit. Then proceed to delete all information regarding the contest and blocked everyone who inquired about that particular contest from their social media pages. I placed a call to ask and was yelled at and hung up on. They have horrible ethics and their customer service is horrible. I think the main reason they decided to give us all one credit and call us cheaters is because the contest was more then they could handle. Had they have said that I think many of us would have been okay with 1 credit. But lumping everyone in as cheaters and then totally ignoring and blocking is not something I think a company should do. I thought they were more professional than that. Because of this I will never spend another dime at Sole Society.
Alana H.
Belmont, CA
I received the $25 off coupon in my Holiday VoxBox and was looking forward to using it. I have been wanting to buy a new pair of boots and figured this was a great deal.

I first browsed the website when I got the coupon and found some flats I could use for work. To be honest though, this site seems to be geared towards older women, not so much my age range (late 20's). But, I did put them in my shopping cart to come back to in a few days.

That was my first mistake, because after I signed up, I've got a lot of e-mails from them. That is REALLY annoying. But, anyway, I came back on a few days later and saw they had a buy 1 get 1 free sale. I browsed through ALL the shoes they have and there was nothing available in the colors and size I wanted. I chose the next best pair I could find and added that into my cart with the first pair I chose.

First thing that I did not like was that after all the advertising and e-mails about the buy 1 get 1 free, it only applied to a limited variety of shoes. A limited number of shoes that had barely any sizes available. So, after I realized that the sale didn't apply to one of the pairs I chose, I went back and picked two pairs of shoes that qualified for the b1g1 sale. These were not my top picks for shoes, but as I said, I need shoes for work. After all of this, I went to my cart to apply my coupon from Influenster and it didn't work. They won't accept the coupon on top of their own sale. I find that pretty stupid and that was my last straw with trying to use this company.

After reading other reviews from users about this company I'm glad I didn't order anything and won't be considering it again.
Trisha P.
Sunrise, FL
Fashionista Expert Level 2
I love browsing the web for new shoes and I discovered Sole Society when I received a $20 off coupon from HauteLook. When I went to their site to browse their shoe selection, I couldn't unless I signed up, which is really annoying. I prefer to sign up when I make a purchase.

Since I wanted to use my coupon, I did sign up. One good thing is if you refer people and they sign up and make a purchase through your invite, then you get credit. Only time will tell whether or not this promo pays off. After reading other reviews, it looks like it may not. The referral process can be tricky. If the person does not use your invite link, but instead visits the site on their own, there is no way for SoleSociety to know who referred them, which is why people don't always get referral credit.

Anyway, I found a large array of shoes I liked just about everything was $49, so with the discount, the shoe wasn't too pricey. I went with the SARAH Moccasin Flat. I'm a size 5.5 but this shoe is only available in 5,6,7, etc. So I went with a size 5 and the shoe fit fine. It's make of suede so the material gives a bit, which is nice. They look really cute with a pair of jeans.

Before you purchase, be aware of their return policy. It DOES NOT compare to Zappos and other online retailers. If you decide to return the shoes, you will be charged a RESTOCKING FEE! It's absurd. So make sure you really really want those shoes before you buy because you may not want the hassle of returning them.
Laurel H.
Goshen, NY
Fashionista Expert Level 2
I finally got my Sole Society shoes! I received a promotional code for $25 off your first pair from my Influenster Holiday VoxBox. First of all I took a chance and ordered a half size smaller that I usually am and they fit great! I ordered a pair of shoes from Shoe Dazzle and even though everyone said they were "true to size" the 6 was too big. I thought well maybe I'm wrong when it comes to dress shoes. I've always worn a 5.5 with shoes from Payless too. Maybe I am a 5.5? I ordered "Celine" in Pewter Black. They look to be very well made. I love that they are leather because that means they will break in well. The subtle sparkle on the pattern is just enough but not too much for the office. The chunky heal is a little awkward to walk in but I'm sure the more I wear them they will wear down in the spot I regularly step down on. Once I wear them in a little bit I plan to put an update in here.

I will say, however, the selection of shoes for me was limited. It is not practical for me to buy shoes with a high heel height. This site does not have many shoes that are lower that 3in. They do have many flats but for the office I like a little bit of a heel.
Amber B.
Raceland, LA
I have to admit that I would never have brought a pair of shoes on-line if it was not for getting the code in my Holiday voxbox but I'm glad I did. Sole Society does not have a big selection but I found a lot of cute pairs of shoes. I was very leery about buying on-line because I can wear and 8.5 or a 9 depending on the shoe. I ordered an 8.5 and Immediately hoped I didn't make a mistake. Although SoleSociety pays shipping for returns also it's disappointing to get something in that you can't use. I ordered my shoes on 12/26/12 and I received them within a few days. The material is very soft and does not cut into my feet like some shoes have. The heals are just wide enough to be very compfortable. These shoes a exactly what was pictured on the site so I was very pleased with my purchase. I do find they are very pricey for shoes that will not be worn all the time but they do offer buy one get one free offers which can make the shoes $25 - $30 a piece which I find is reasonable for nice quality shoes. I was also very happy that there was no shipping charges or taxes so that saves money if you frequently shop on-line.
Kimberly T.
Memphis, TN
I bought the Edie flat in tan/black using my $25 off coupon from my Holiday Voxbox. When I signed up for the site, I had a feeling there would be no shoes cheaper than $30. Yep. I was right.

But I'm optimistic so I kept browsing, because I could always use new shoes. After looking around for a while, I saw some boots I really liked but they were pretty pricey (I could get the same ones at Marshall's for much cheaper). I finally found some flats I liked and decided on the Edie because I didn't have a brown/tan flat in my shoe collection.

The shoes arrived pretty quickly and when I opened them, they looked great. Put them on and they were really comfortable - but the "leather" seems very soft and sort of cheap? So we'll see how they hold up.

My only complaint is the selection is poor and it's 85% heels, and sky high heels at that. Being 5'8, I don't need any heels or any high heels to make me taller! I wish there was a bigger selection of flats, and if there were I'd buy from there more (with coupons/sales of course!)
Jessica M.
Warner Robins, GA
(Disclosure: I received this product (promo code) complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster)
On that note I just put in my order for a pair of flats using a promo code I had gotten from the holiday voxbox, needless to say I like the free shipping and the fact that I don't have to pay tax, they have cute shoes but not that big of a selection. The bad for me is that they are a little over priced, I don't like spending too much on shoes and I don't think $60 of my money is worth a pair of heels I'll probably wear once, Now thats just for me so it might be different for the rest of you, with what they have I would say they are almost fairly priced but then again this is only my opinion. I cant wait for my flats to come in and I'll most likely update this when they do.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Anyone else think they are really expensive?
Kristina T.
Harrisonburg, VA
Is this site worth it?
Mona E.
Jersey City, NJ
Is there a good variety of shoes?
Vanessa G.
Are they at all comfortable?
Brandy T.
Benton, AR
How many people prefer to just buy at the shoe store so you can try them on? Or do you order online