BY PUR COSMETICS #37 in Eyeshadow Palettes

“The pro secret is out! Creating a flawless eye look is super simple if you have the perfect mix of neutral, copper and bronze shades handy. Now you can turn everyday and night into a soiree with this super versatile 12-piece eye shadow collection. Filled with highly pigmented and silky smooth shadows, the four versatile matte shades, four satin shades and four shimmers work flawlessly together for all skin tones. Super blendable and anything but basic, this essential palette takes the guesswork out of your eye look. Just use the colors in the vertical rows from top to bottom for highlight, definition and drama.”

• Have you tried the PUR Cosmetics Soirée Diaries palette? If so di...1 Answers
  • Has anyone else had problems with their Soiree Diaries Eyeshadow ...2 Answers
  • Woow perfect colors 😍😍 it s pigmented?2 Answers
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.
Covington, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Received this in my September Boxycharm. The palette is sleek, faux marble and rose gold packaging. It has a large mirror inside. The eye shadows themselves give me autumnal vibes. The colors could lend themselves to fit many occasions: an everyday 'barely there' look, 9-5 professional, romantic date night, even a great funky, metallic smokey-eye perfect for going to see a singer/songwriter with strong punk sentiments. (The last one was my goal, received my boxycharm on Friday and was set to see Conor Oberst the next night -- but the show got canceled 😩.)

Swatching these seemingly perfect shades was a rollercoaster ride. The top four nude shades were quite sheer. This brought down my hopes. The middle four were less sheer and slightly more pigmented, but still weren't the buttery warm shades I'd hoped for, they fell a little flat for me. The bottom four metallics were the apple of my eye and now having swatched 2/3 of the palette I was ready to be completely let down, but these came through!

Honestly, the bottom four metallic shades carry this palette for me. These are buttery, insanely pigmented, have that *almost* damp touch. Yeah, there's a little fallout, but it's not excessive and is a very acceptable trade for the happiness the metallics bring me.

(My dog Bruce was determined to photobomb each swatch photo haha)
Blythe H.
Blythe H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm quite surprised by this palette of neutral shades.  I have a ton (a TON) of eyeshadow palettes, but I mostly stick to neutral shades because I work in an office and I do find they're the most flattering on my complexion at my age (thirties).  I received this palette in my September Boxycharm box and was a bit skeptical.  I find BC always has one or two premium items and then some that are sub-par to even things out.  I've never bought or used Pur Cosmetics before so this was my first foray into the brand.

This palette consists of twelve shades broken down into six warm-toned neutrals and six cool-toned neutrals.  There are eight matte shades and four shimmers.  The pigmentation on this palette is out of this world fantastic.  Very opaque, but soft and they blend like a dream.  They do kick up some powder, so be sure to tap off your brush before applying.

The quality of this palette rivals much more expensive brands.  The neutral shade range is perfect for creating a simple understated look or for coming up with something more dramatic and smoky.  The blendability is great across both the matte and shimmer finishes.  I would absolutely have bought this had I not received it via BC.
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Coralville, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would give this palette a 4/5. The quality of the shadows is quite good, they are pigmented and easy to blend. The shimmer shades in the bottom row definitely make this palette, they are really buttery! However, glitzy and twinkle do have a lot of fall out so you have to be careful there. The mattes are pretty good, not the best mattes I've ever used but they are soft and blendable. I do really like the color scheme of this palette and I think it's a great everyday palette. I don't find there to be a ton of different looks I can get out of this, but the warm tones are definitely my preference. One downside is definitely the packaging. While the marble look is gorgeous, it is cheap cardboard and the mirror is not very good, but at least there is a mirror! Overall, getting 12 shades for $34 is a pretty good deal for a higher end palette. If you are looking for a great neutrals palette, I would recommend this! It's nothing jaw dropping or innovative but I will continue to use it and do enjoy it!
Liesl G.
Liesl G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this palette with my September Boxycharm subscription.  I honestly wasn't very excited for this when I first saw it was going to be in the box but I am actually really happy that I tried it out before just giving it away.  Though the colors are pretty basic at first glace, the simmers are fabulous!  I love using shimmer eye shadows and these are just so beautiful and easy to apply.  These eye-shadows do work better if you use a primer or concealer before applying, and I personally don't have to use much to get a nice color.  There maybe a tiny bit of fall out but nothing too dramatic.  The mattes take a little more blending to get worked out but everything is still creamy and lovely.  I do wish that there was a lighter shimmer shade as most of the shimmers are a little bit on the darker side compared to what I normally like to use.    I would definitely recommend if you like shimmer shades, if  you prefer mattes I would maybe get another palette with better matte formulas.
Lisa H.
Lisa H.
Gaines, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
The colors in this palette are buttery and smooth. I was actually surprised when I swatched it with my fingertips. It's so soft! The top four colors barely show up on my arm, but they do make a great base for shadow on your eyes, kind of smoothing everything over. The middle four shades are nicely pigmented and pretty. And the bottom four - look out! The shimmers are beautifully brilliant. Expect a little fallout and I definitely recommend primer or glitter glue if you're going to focus on the shimmers. Pur recommends using the colors in vertical rows, and it makes total sense. The pinkish row (second row over) is my favorite. In bright light, you can see the shimmers in all their glory - almost duochrome, almost holographic, totally shimmery. I'll be using this palette a lot. My favorite in any subscription box I've received so far (and that's been A LOT).
Christy L.
Christy L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm a sucker for warm neutral shades, and this palette is one of my favorites! First off, the trendy and sleek marble packaging already makes this palette such a beauty.

This palette contains 8 matte shades, and 4 shimmer/metallic shades. The mattes are easily build-able and blend-able, but I do have to say the metallic definitely make the palette what it is. The browns are a bit similar to each other, but they all have a different undertone to them.

Overall, I love this because of how easy it is to create multiple neutral looks with just this one palette!
Mallory C.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this palette in my Boxycharm and while it's a good palette it's not the best I own. The shadows aren't as pigmented as I would like them to be. I really have to keep dipping into the pans to really get a good enough pigment and it takes some time to work them in. They do blend really well but you have to build up the color. The real winner is the bottom rows. The bottom rows are full of shimmer and are super pigmented. They apply beautifully and last a while. I feel like the bottom rows are going to be the only ones I reach for. The palette itself is gorgeous though! It's very sleek and the marble front is gorgeous. It has a huge mirror inside. A perfect travel palette!
Mallory S.
Mallory S.
Clovis, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I’m fairly underwhelmed by this palette if i’m honest. I remember seeing Nikkietutorials rave about it on snapchat a few months ago and was curious about the palette but never bothered to buy it because the shades didn’t look like anything new or groundbreaking. I was excited to receive it in my Boxycharm September box but when I tried it I found that it swatches only decently and perforned at about the same level. The shadows don’t pick up or go on as pigmented as they look in the pan, and though they blend well, i don’t find myself reaching for them over my already-established go-to neutrals. It’s not the WORST palette I’ve used but I’m certainly not dying to use it every day. Not super special or unique.
Malinda S.
Malinda S.
Upper Darby, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was lucky enough to receive this in my September Boxycharm. I've never been a fan of purely neutral colored palettes, but this is a little more unique and absolutely gorgeous! Appropriate for all skin tones, it has eight matte shades and 4 Shimmer which is great because most palettes these days skimp on the mattes. It's a great start for changing over to fall shades. EVERY single shadow is soft as silk and unbelievably blendable with great pigmentation. There is a little bit of fall out but nothing serious. The shimmery shades are the most beautiful and REALLY pop, especially up against all mattes. Even if I hadn't received this in Boxycharm, I would have gladly paid full price for it.
Claudia S.
Claudia S.
S Ozone Park, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this palette in Boxycharm. I was very unimpressed at first. It looks like a boring neutral palette. I decided to give it a try and I'm extremely impressed. The matte shades are buttery, pigmented & easy to work with. The shimmer shades are gorgeous and have great pigmentation. I will probably reach for this every day for work. I included swatches on tan-to-dark skin. I definitely recommend this palette for everyday glam looks.
Kimberly Z.
Kimberly Z.
San Antonio, TX
Tara H.
Tara H.
Coconut Creek, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Did what anyone else get the Soiree Diaries Eyeshadow Palette 12 Unique Shadows palette in their Boxycharm box? Do you like it?
Kristen N.
Kristen N.
Cheektowaga, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
How pigmented are the pur cosmetics eye shadows?
Tabitha C.
Tabitha C.
Church Hill, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm getting ready to get this palette in my Boxycharm box (eeek it's in it's way!) I'm wondering how PUR Cosmetics eyeshadows are? Are they pigmented? Blendable? I've never used anything from PUR Cosmetics so I'm really excited try this palette!!! I'm wondering about how good these eyeshadows are and if palette is good. If so, can't wait to purchase other cosmetics from this brand. Soiree Diaries Eyeshadow Palette 12 Unique Shadows
Alecia K.
Alecia K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this any good? Im excited to get it in our Boxycharm this upcoming month!