BY SOFTSHEEN-CARSON

SoftSheen Carson® Care Free Curl Gold® Instant Activator Dual Conditioning.
For natural or curly hair. see more...

Kaitlyn F.
I've been using this to help define my curls and being them to life after a keratin treatment made them disappear. After a week of using this, my curls have popped and look just like they did before the treatment.
Jazmin W.
I wasn't impressed the first few times I used this although I was able to incorporate it into my regimen. But I finally found a way to get this to work on my fine 3a/3b curls & they look great!

I apply this only after a wash & condition while my hair is still wet. I apply a little over a quarter size to each side of my hair & then apply my regular styler.

This doesn't have a great scent, but it doesn't smell bad at all and the slight scent that it has doesn't linger. This activator leaves my curls super shiny and soft and gives my curls the best clumping ever. My curls also pop a lot more and I have cute spirals/coils in some areas. Also, this is the only thing I have ever used that actually got rid of 98% of frizz. I also love the moisture that this adds without being greasy or heavy. My curls look better than ever thanks to this.
Emely G.
I ultimately love this product. It's my go to product right now without having to put a lot of harsh chemicals. It's a cute gold bottle. It snells weird, but not a stinky weird. It does what it says. It activates my curls even while it's damaged. Love that. Recommend.
Lavanya C.
I heard about this in a thread about curl activators and I was looking to revive my flat waves. Honestly, I want impressed with it as a curl activator. It did nothing to define me waves or to reduce frizz. I tried different amounts and different application times and methods without a hint of curl definition. I will say that it does a good job as a moisturizer. It definitely leaves my hair soft, and I've started using it as a leave in to finish the bottle. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it for waves and I will not be repurchasing.
Rockea J.
Bridgeport , CT
Been using this product for about 2 wks and so far it's ok it keeps my hair really moist and and you don't need too much it's best when used right after you was and condition your hair
Amber Marie B.
I have been natural for a year as of this month. And I purchased this item because I was on the hunt for the product that would give me the " perfect" curl pattern. After being disappointed by misleading claims and over hyped products. I see this in my local Walmart store and the bright colors drew me in. But also the word "activator " I so wanted an effortless looking curl pattern of a product that could tame the fro. I have this product three stars because it does not live up to its claims on MY hair, it may work for others. But I really like this product, and I do think I will repurchase this product. I love the feeling of it, it's not too heavy and it gives a nice amount of moisture. I use it on both wet and dry hair. As well as clean or unwashed hair. It's an all around great product. Some of the ingredients could be better but all in all I would recommend this product.
Robyn M.
Newark, NJ
This product is really good it leaves your hair really nice and soft it also restores your curls leaving them well defined. You can find this product and your local beauty store.
Jacqueline B.
Lets just say I still have to bottle of this from more than 5 years ago. For this review I found the bottle and put some in my hair and remembered why I didn't like this product. The product does really nothing but coat your hair, weighs it down, and there is no conditioning, protection, or anything. Plus it is greasy, it coats your hands so you have to wash your hands twice before doing anything and it is super inconvenient when getting ready in the morning. On top of that the smell is not all that great, so no.
Britney J.
Kansas City, MO
I love this product so much. It keeps my hair moisturized for weeks on end. I never have to worry about my hair being dry because this one product does all the work for me. Although I don't like the way it feels applying the product. I love what it does to my hair after the product is thoroughly saturated in my hair. If you can get over the thinness of the product. Then this is the PERFECT product for natural hair.
Annette H.
Santa Monica, CA
This my go to more affordable everyday hair product. I have very curly, cork-screw, hair. It can be ver dry on the ends. I love Diva Curl but it's pricey. Care Free Curl is a great altetnative. Works for me!